Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

BBC 24...MR Deacon going for heavy snowfall for Friday onwards

For this area? really?! cold.gifdrunk.gifair_kiss.gifyahoo.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Bear in mind Plymouth saw next to nothing in February, this next week I'll be crossing every flipping thing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Well, its 0.8C and DP of 0.1C now and cloudy, so this is all heading in the right direction... unfortunately no lampposts to watch up here but can't see it being much if anything until tomorrow.

Posted

Well, its 0.8C and DP of 0.1C now and cloudy, so this is all heading in the right direction... unfortunately no lampposts to watch up here but can't see it being much if anything until tomorrow.

You will have to get the torch out like me biggrin.gif

Posted

You will have to get the torch out like me biggrin.gif

:cold: Good thinking!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

All i got in barnstaple is rain, feeling raw outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Theres a sleety type of rain here at the mo.

Its been like for hours.

probably 5% of it is ice ( you can see it melt as it hit sthe windscreen. )

Posted

hmm im not liking the way that the SW always seems to be in slightly warmer sectors when ever we get decent precipitation when the northerly sets in at the weekend, while the rest of the country gets pasted.. an all too familiar situation!:cold: Oh well thank goodness the details are likely to change! Hopefully we can catch some of the action :cold:

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

Theres a sleety type of rain here at the mo.

Its been like for hours.

probably 5% of it is ice ( you can see it melt as it hit sthe windscreen. )

hi mate looking excellent for us in the next few days..

Yes theres alot more sleet now in the rain..

who knows might be white tomorrow :drinks:

Posted

Current temp here 2.2c and cold sleety light rain since 8pm, well about 90% rain and 10% sleet.

Was watching the midlands forcast earlier and mrs shefali said we could get a few cms over higher ground tommorow evening, this has potential to catch a few people out like Nov05.

What's all this talk about heavy snow on friday in our neck of the woods Dogs32, I hear the ever optimistic Darren bett said this earlier.

Can't wait to finally see the white stuff falling from the sky this week, the anticipation is killing me "nah not really" he sayscold.gif

Posted

I am not impressed, as we move closer my snow chances seem to just get downgraded. Tomoro is now just a 15%!? and same for wed then it increses for friday but i guarantee friday will drop from 95% down to a 20% before long. wallbash.gifaggressive.gif

Cold spell is looking poor compared to febuarys if you ask me. nonono.gif

Posted

February we had the most snow i've ever seen, 3 days in one week was just awesome. I dont expect this cold spell to live up to February, I just wanna see a few hours of moderate/heavy snow. Nothing better then waking up in the morning to see it chucking it down with snow.

Lets hope :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Can you help a lost person please? I don't know if Wimborne (Bournemouth) belongs to this group or the Central South group? I am hoping it is here as I have always considered us as being more South West than anything eles. Thank you :(

Posted

Can you help a lost person please? I don't know if Wimborne (Bournemouth) belongs to this group or the Central South group? I am hoping it is here as I have always considered us as being more South West than anything eles. Thank you unsure.gif

west country i expect but best way to decide is when your local news/forecast is on telly which part of map do you get shown? south west? central southern? although it doesnt matter too much i look at both.rolleyes.gif

Interesting national weather said wintry mix heading into central western areas late afternoon early evening leaving a dusting on hills like cotswolds so i may have a chance?drinks.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

west country i expect but best way to decide is when your local news/forecast is on telly which part of map do you get shown? south west? central southern? although it doesnt matter too much i look at both.rolleyes.gif

Interesting national weather said wintry mix heading into central western areas late afternoon early evening leaving a dusting on hills like cotswolds so i may have a chance?drinks.gif

They also said the mendips on radio five forecast.

I am totally confussed, I guess partly because I am looking outside & it's drizzle murky stuff, and an over night low of 4c. Not really looking cold, plus every thime I go into the model discussion thread I read things like downgrade, not going to snow & I am thinking it's finished before it's even started for here.

I guess it's just a waiting game now... see what happens.

Posted

oooo 0.4C now with a DP of -0.3C, now, wheres the PPN gone?!

Edited by Drew

Posted

Hi Drew, If you are in Gloucestershire, then you are officially classed as being in South-west England, as I am in Stroud.

I know & agree but I am in the high north cotswolds (snowshill way) so worcestershire is at the bottom of the next hill (& I can stay down there lol)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Looks like our chances are hanging by a thread.

Still grey murky drizzle here.

Posted

I think our chances are terrible here in west country to be honest. I just hope someone could correct me but i cannot see any real threat of seeing snow right through the week.

My temp is up to 3.7c today now with dew point of 1.8c. wouldnt worry me so much but the ppn seems to have died out already so if temp falls away later it will be too late. wallbash.gifcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think our chances are terrible here in west country to be honest. I just hope someone could correct me but i cannot see any real threat of seeing snow right through the week.

My temp is up to 3.7c today now with dew point of 1.8c. wouldnt worry me so much but the ppn seems to have died out already so if temp falls away later it will be too late. wallbash.gifcray.gif

My thoughts exactly. The cold spell has barely begun yet and already it's been shortened quite considerably.

This is very wishful thinking on my part but I hope if it is going to turn milder, it does so sooner rather than later and do a mild-cold switch around by Christmas again, akin to 1995.

What seemed so plausible a yesterday has raelly gone down the drain. Hopefully it's just a model fluctuation on the mild side like so many we see on the cold side. :D

Posted

It's only one run and its still a few days away so I wouldn't get too hung up just yet.

Only yesterday it was snow and ice right through til Xmas.