Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Not been much snow for the last hour but another few showers seem likely over the next hour. I haven't been out to measure but there's a nice cover, certainly met my expectations tonight.

Posted

Around 2cm down, of which 1.99999999999cm of it must be graupel.

Plenty of moderate to heavy showers piling through but they only seem to last 2 or 3 minutes each. If we could just have a half hour spell to top things off...

Temp -0.7º Dew point -3.4º

Posted

Still coming down, main roads are shocking, yet again Durham County Council fail to provide a service. I'm sure they just don't even bother coming up here :cc_confused:

same down here hagler, road's are shocking, mind you having said that, when i drove home from work at 10, the blizzards were unreal, could hardly see the car in front, it was like something you see from the artic when you see it on t.v lol

Posted

Still coming down, main roads are shocking, yet again Durham County Council fail to provide a service. I'm sure they just don't even bother coming up here :cc_confused:

Durham County Council provides an excellent gritting/ploughing servce in Teesdale.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

Very little snow to report this evening save for a few flurries of graupel and a slightly heavier shower which has turned everything white,current temperature -1c.

Posted

Around 2cm down, of which 1.99999999999cm of it must be graupel.

Plenty of moderate to heavy showers piling through but they only seem to last 2 or 3 minutes each. If we could just have a half hour spell to top things off...

Temp -0.7º Dew point -3.4º

Look at it this way , a good base for the proper snow to land on :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

1-2cm in Cleadon now, mainly of hail and graupel, temp 1.3C, the hail cover should provide a decent "base" for snow to accumulate on top of overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

If anyone pities me for having come up to Tyneside while East Anglia is getting heavily hit, I don't think I'm actually missing a lot. True, areas just to the NW and SE of Norwich are getting inches upon inches, but I think Norwich itself has mainly been in a dry slot in between the Wash streamer and the Thames streamer.

Posted

Some light snow here at the moment, and there should be some more to come later.

Unfortunately I seemed to miss the last three showers to the North and South by the tiniest of dry slots.

Off to bed now, hopefully there'll be a good accumulation by the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Well ill give this thread a kick start this morning :) Overnight snow has fallen there is a covering everywere even in my backyard were it rarely lays! :( And this is just the start! :(:cray:

Posted

Well ill give this thread a kick start this morning :) Overnight snow has fallen there is a covering everywere even in my backyard were it rarely lays! :wub: And this is just the start! :D:)

Glad you've got some snow :)

Here its was an ice day yesterday, temps around -3/-4C overnight in Fresh gusty wind. Drifting of powder snow.

Hopefully much more to come in the next few days.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

There must have been some more overnight, looks like a couple of inches but I haven't been able to get out and measure to confirm, still I'm happy with that.

What's everyone's thoughts on the rest of today and the weekend? It seems like snow is possible early Sat morning and Sunday maybe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

A couple more cms here overnight. Just a thin cover overall.

Posted

morning guys, the roads are really bad down here, it was lashing down with rain about 4'clock this morning, quite surprised to see so much snow about this morning.

how are things looking on the snow front today? is there more to come?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

The main roads aren't much better, took me 1hr 50 mins to get to work :clap:

Only took me an extra 5 mins to come from Stanley to Consett. There's much more snow up here than in Stanley.

Just had a nice shower but I can't see us getting much more today.

Posted

Only took me an extra 5 mins to come from Stanley to Consett. There's much more snow up here than in Stanley.

Just had a nice shower but I can't see us getting much more today.

I traveled from Consett to Byker, the low road through Ebchester & Rowlands Gill was pretty bad, there must have been a bump further on as I sat for 30 mins without moving just going into Rowlands Gill, so I dived off and went through Winlaton Mill, once I got down into Blaydon the roads were clear.

Posted

3cm lying here, about as much as I predicted, but I can't help feeling a little disappointed. Dry powdery snow, useless for making snowballs. Temperature -0.6º, Dew point -7.2º

Posted

A covering here making it look christmassy indeed but no real depth,just had a light snow shower,temperature -1c with a lot of cloud,barometer 1023 mb and steady.