Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

What about where iam mate? - I'm 73m above sea level.

Your one of the higher areas of Cardiff and if you live in the North Of Cardiff then your chances increase, I cant predict it really, I just think it may fall as freezing rain or even rain around Cardiff simply because looking at Cardiff Bay and Cardiff aiport tempertures they arent falling and are well above freezing, I hope im wrong, but even I might just have rain. The temperture here has risen alot again now to -1.0c, Cardiff-Wales airport posting tempertures of 3c and Cardiff Barrage at 3.7c.

I hope we all get snow:)

bodes well for future cold - we usually get snow 2 weeks after the USA does on the eastern coast

No truth in that at all I am afraid.

Your one of the higher areas of Cardiff and if you live in the North Of Cardiff then your chances increase, I cant predict it really, I just think it may fall as freezing rain or even rain around Cardiff simply because looking at Cardiff Bay and Cardiff airport temperatures they aren't falling and are well above freezing, I hope im wrong, but even I might just have rain. The temperature here has risen a lot again now to -1.0c, Cardiff-Wales airport posting temperatures of 3c and Cardiff Barrage at 3.7c.

I hope we all get snow:)

I think the Coastal fringe will not get that much, and if wasn't for my altitude, I don't really think I would stand that much of a chance.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Gyda phob parch Tonyh, With all respect

I have been watching your comments all day and you seem rather pessimistic from the off maybe because you don't want to be disappointed. I had heavy snow here dinner time still around in places not everywhere but in alot of places. It's currently -3 here and alot in Northern Ireland away from the immediate coast have had snow same in Scotland. The front will gain in intesity has it picks up moisture from the irish sea.

No not at all Adam!

I say it as I see it! Currently above 2c (it was zero an hour or so ago), with a sleet/ rain shower.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

+1C here clearing skies, that band looks like it will fizzle out before it even gets here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

looking on the nw radar north western wales is getting snow hopefully this will happen here as well

fingers crossed

sam

Posted

Its actually relatively mild this evening in many parts of Wales, especially the north and west, even Capel Curig is above 3c:

My link

Also, I am afraid, as expected NW England getting rain for the most part currently.

Posted

+1C here clearing skies, that band looks like it will fizzle out before it even gets here!

Not to theres a weather warning out for tommorow for heavy frequent sleet or snow snowers in west and north wales colder tommorow with gusty nw winds .

Posted

Its actually relatively mild this evening in many parts of Wales, especially the north and west, even Capel Curig is above 3c:

My link

Also, I am afraid, as expected NW England getting rain for the most part currently.

So much for seeing it how it is its -3 here relatively mild its similar across most of southern and inland Wales? Radar showing the showers turning to snow once they reach land?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Latest NW Rain Radar, the band is currently moving SE, however the radar image over Ireland is a bit inconsistent something to bare in mind.

If this is true, then this is promising.

Jackone

the second radar image is telling snowkies

Over alot of the NW it is meant to be snowing but in fact it is Rain

My Temp here is 1c with a DP of 0c and light rain ATM

Really need this cold air following to undercut quickly or we are in for another non event

C.S

Posted

Well its good you are an eternal optimist Adam!:unsure:

Just watch your temperature shoot up in the next hour or so.

Posted

Haha Yes i am optimistic because i've seen setups like this before drop 3/4 inches over carmarthenshire and ceredigion. November 2005 for one. Christmas day 2004.

Jackone

the second radar image is telling snowkies

Over alot of the NW it is meant to be snowing but in fact it is Rain

My Temp here is 1c with a DP of 0c and light rain ATM

Really need this cold air following to undercut quickly or we are in for another non event

C.S

The second charts is indicative based on pressure and temps at that time, and that's why I said if true.

It would be very difficult to indeed to get an actual gauge of rain/snow conditions over any area.

Posted

1c here swansea ice everywere. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

1c hear swansea ice everywere.

Yes same here although much colder but the ground tempreatures everywhere must be quite low for there to be alot of ice around with air tempreatures in some places above 0.

Haha Yes i am optimistic because i've seen setups like this before drop 3/4 inches over carmarthenshire and ceredigion. November 2005 for one. Christmas day 2004.

Indeed if we can the right wind directions some heavy showers are possible by morning, NMM looks very promising in the early hours, GFS has this slightly delayed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Ok,

Well.

The metoffice have upgrades on the warnings. I t wouldnt surprise me if they upgrade further.

The rain / snow coming into the NW side of wales seems to be intensifying ( i suppose it had a lil more moisture to pick up before hitting land )

Im wondering if the moutains will add any lift to the showers and making them intensify further.

I suppose the next 3 hours will tell.

Posted

It's now 1.9 C here with wet snow falling, not that optimistic.

I'm guessing it's falling as rain nearer to the coast and at lower altitudes.

Posted

Bad news temperture here has risen to 0.8c chance of snow decreasing im afraid.

Posted

Everybody the tempreature is going to increase for a short while we've known this for a while, come 10ish they will be firmly alot cooler.

Posted

my temp is showing -1 degrees

Mine was -2.1c about 1 hr 30mins ago, mines rising quickly, its actualy lowerd slightly now to 0.6c

Posted

Good evening Wales! As a Welshman now living in Buckinghamshire I hope you guys get some decent snowfall. Looks like in the north (my old stomping ground) it's mostly rain or sleet except for the highest ground. In case you haven't seen it the radar on www.raintoday.co.uk is showing precipitation type for the rest of 2009, could be useful to all you lampost watching snow lovers!