Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Andy rain/sleet and snow with this warm front in the SE clipping SE mildlands,it probably won`t do much.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/brack0.gif

Have to look out to the SW for a few snow showers for a while now which is unusual.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_12_UTC/18_30.gif

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

We have been SO unlucky in Leicestershire and Warwickshire for this cold spell we really have.

I mean yeh, snow is snow and there is far more important things in life BUT I love to see a nice covering of snow and i'll admit... I do get very annoyed when we don't get any/much and somewhere within a 30 miles radius around us gets loads more. It really does make you feel sick at times lol. This cold spell has been a disapointment for Leicestershire and Warwickshire, well at least we saw a dusting and it has stuck around since Thursday which is nice.

Change the record Andy, please!.....Every post is always the same....Lets face it, you reported 1cm of snow, not a lot by any stretch, but 1cm more than others got!....Spare a thought for the 'snowless few' in salops/staffs! :cc_confused:

Posted

Another joke today- last night's rain(!!!!) froze in the early hours to leave black ice on the roads, then it went up to 3C today as I could see huge anvil clouds on the NE horizon. All those moaning about their 0.5cm dustings, send them here if you don't want them.

Posted

Just nearly fell over on the ice outside - slippers and ice! Patio still has snow from last nights brief dusting.

Been looking at some true colour satellite images, the link below is a classic, from today - even the clouds are steering away from the Midlands!!

(click on 250m for full res)

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/subsets/?subset=Europe_2_01.2009354.terra.1km

Posted

I would do, but the snow melted just as fast as it settled. Maybe next time? :)

Next time it snows here will be 2012, settles here will be 2015 at this rate. By which time I will be long gone from this most snowless town in the Midlands :o :) :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Change the record Andy, please!.....Every post is always the same....Lets face it, you reported 1cm of snow, not a lot by any stretch, but 1cm more than others got!....Spare a thought for the 'snowless few' in salops/staffs! :o

Shaddap you tart :o

Ok 1cm was more than some people got but a lot less than most people got.

Chris... Ok maybe Met-O haven't lost the plot :) Seems I have more egg on my face than someone who refused to give any sweets to kids on Halloween.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

bring on the summerhi.gif

NEVER! I would take missing snow by a few miles over Summer any day of the week. The S word is a vile season. When it isn't raining it is uncomfortably hot...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

NEVER! I would take missing snow by a few miles over Summer any day of the week. The S word is a vile season. When it isn't raining it is uncomfortably hot...

I kinda agree bring on summer, I think our December is looking increasingly snow free, winters not the same nowadays

Posted

Andy rain/sleet and snow with this warm front in the SE clipping SE mildlands,it probably won`t do much.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/brack0.gif

Have to look out to the SW for a few snow showers for a while now which is unusual.

http://www2.wetter3....2_UTC/18_30.gif

Generally anywhere south west of brum might get to see some snow showers on Monday if this is the case..... SW county's do well if there is showers moving inland from around the mouth of the seven.

Edited by mildmuck

Posted

Generally anywhere south west of brum might get to see some snow showers on Monday if this is the case..... SW county's do well if there is showers feeding inland from around the mouth of the seven.

GFS seems to suggest this....

Edited by mildmuck

Posted

Great so missed the showers to the North all day today and now to south all day tommorow, but just watch as soon as MILD air and RAIN is moving it the heaviest parts will steam straight towards us.

Posted

Great so missed the showers to the North all day today and now to south all day tommorow, but just watch as soon as MILD air and RAIN is moving it the heaviest parts will steam straight towards us.

very true, thing is rain is more common by miles, and showers with cold air dont penetrate as far inland, snow is very rare nowadays, its a novelity, maybe why I like it

Posted

very true, thing is rain is more common by miles, and showers with cold air dont penetrate as far inland, snow is very rare nowadays, its a novelity, maybe why I like it

To be fair, if every winter was very snowy we would soon get bored of it!

Posted

To be fair, if every winter was very snowy we would soon get bored of it!

yes I think so, very icy here today not lifted, still bits of thursdays dusting in places, frost and ice everywhere, min temp last night -5.1C, tonight nowhere near as cold hovering around -1C

Posted

yes I think so, very icy here today not lifted, still bits of thursdays dusting in places, frost and ice everywhere, min temp last night -5.1C, tonight nowhere near as cold hovering around -1C

Yeah not going to be anywhere near as cold as the last 2 nights which were -7.0c and -6.8c. Hovering around -1c here as well.

Still, it's better than mild mush. Being a sunny, cold day tomorrow might as well go on a bike ride.

Posted

I am actually enjoying the cold temperatures, I would enjoy them even more if I hadn't had these near misses with the snow.

Could get some even more very cold temps for most of this week, wouldn't rule out a -10°C somewhere.

Posted

Some more stuff directly west over the Welsh mountains heading this way. Now nothing has held itself over the mountains today and i can see no reason why this will...but something's making me keep my eye on it. The emphasis seems to have gone more west to east for showers so this will have less land to cross. I'm probably wasting my time watching it but i'm sure its starting to cross the border into England. Has to clear the Shropshire hills as well of course!

Posted

I am actually enjoying the cold temperatures, I would enjoy them even more if I hadn't had these near misses with the snow.

Could get some even more very cold temps for most of this week, wouldn't rule out a -10°C somewhere.

this is exactly like a high pressure/inversion cold spell, i'd rather have an inversion type thing, still get loads of ice, low temps and fog

Posted

Nope...scratch that...false alarm. The stuff west of here in Wales is breaking up like everything else has done today.

Right..where were we?

Edited by Gord