Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

You really couldn't make this up, this is going to be a rant and a half so if anyone wants to pick fault with it then I wouldn't bother <_<

Basically, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Nottinghamshire have done absolutely AWFUL from this cold spell. I'm sure other places in the Midlands have too but this really has been the worst let down from such hype that I have ever seen.

Don't care what anyone says, I am seriously annoyed.

I share your frustrations, if it's consolation to you midlanders we've had NOTHING here in S. Wales either and doesn't look like we will. Certainly a big let down this cold snap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Gone dark here and a few flakes have come down. Still no consolation.

Posted

South Worcestershire has seen 0 from this, not really surprsed but I thought we might have seen something last night. Not disspaointed anymore as I am not really surprised to be honest.

Most I have seen was on thursday of last week when we had a graupel type shower for 3 minutes at most.

Nevermind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I know what you mean. I've just been to the top of Beacon Hill (near Loughborough) at least there's a couple of cms of snow there. But the interesting thing is that you can see the Derbyshire Dales, The Lincolnshire Wolds and the countryside east of Leicester all of which are white. Unfortunately I seem to unlucky enough to be living in the middle of the only green area around!

First let me say a big good.gif you have absolutely, POSITIVELY, written down what I have been crying, whingeing, moaning and b*tching about for the past 4 days now, and its good to hear I am not the only bitter and twisted one out of this. Its absolute BALLS. Nottingham has got be the suckiest place in the entire known UNIVERSE for weather (hence my avatar!) I K-N-E-W, this would happen, it happened last year, and its happening again. Sorry to everyone for the continued rant. I just had to give a major thumbs up to this post. I feel there are a number of us reading that out here and saying we know how you feel!

back onto topic though- like the endless fool I am still panting at the window staring at ever piece of cloud going by. straining to see north and praying to the Weather Gods to just send down a passing shower so that my soul can be appeased!! I really want something, as the 12z shows like NO precipitation now for Notts for the next 5 days, and then its just crappy sleet..... +SIGH+ cray.gif

WOOPS! doh.gif This reply was to Andy-Leicester's super rant hahahaha!! !!!!!

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted

Could my dreams come true

http://www.theweathe...=sy1&selected=0

Wait and pray

I missed this on the GFS. Showing a very intense area of PPN moving up the west of England, but it also brings some milder air with it, so it could be very marginal. But if it does fall as snow then there will be a hell of a lot of it just in time for Christmas Eve.

Posted

i can see some dark clouds to the N/NE nowwhistling.gif

now they r scattered everywhere and seems to be alot of dark clouds coming from the n/w straight to me! wonder if i will get a little snow shower?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

now they r scattered everywhere and seems to be alot of dark clouds coming from the n/w straight to me! wonder if i will get a little snow shower?

Yes, I just came to say the same thing. I'm not far from you - a village 3 miles outside Stratford on the Redditch side. All of a sudden we have clouds shooting over.

Posted

Yes, I just came to say the same thing. I'm not far from you - a village 3 miles outside Stratford on the Redditch side. All of a sudden we have clouds shooting over.

helllooooo blum.gif

trying to not get my hopes up here but it is a little exciting! biggrin.gif going to check the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

helllooooo blum.gif

trying to not get my hopes up here but it is a little exciting! biggrin.gif going to check the radar

Did you get any last night? We got a sprinkling but our road is lethal today, pure ice!

Posted

helllooooo blum.gif

im much further north and west than you, and there is no sign of precipitation here, clouds are also miles away.

Posted

Hope so lol , I can understand the frustration and even anger from some of the members on this forum today after the commotion we last night from the cold front, some were lucky and some very disappointed.

Posted

The area of snow just north of Stoke is moving south east, but will agonisingly miss me :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Doesn't look as if the Met Office warning was to out of place for Derbyshire after all then ? I would expect similar warning for Notts and Leics soon. As I said earlier expect the unexpected in this, what is quickly becoming a, very 70's style winter. Enjoy.

Edited by jimben

Posted

im about 12 miles west of redditch, we did have dark clouds but now the sun has come back lol

tbh you do have to see the funny side reading these posts, i want a bit of snow as much as anyone, but if it's not happening, hey hit the wine

Posted

The orientation of the showers over north west England has subtly shifted in the last hour or so from almost due W/E to NW/SE,significantly increasing the chance of some snowfall for Derbyshire and north Staffs, possibly into north Leicestershire later this afternoon.

Keep an eye on the NW radar.

I think a good call TM.

Two points I am concerned about for here is:

1. The Macclesfield Snow Shield (seems to have worked so far today).

2. As the sun starts to set, there is less energy for the ppn, and it will die away (I think that makes sense, but could be bumbling some rubbish here)

Looks good for you. Bet its chilly up in the peaks.

Posted

Did you get any last night? We got a sprinkling but our road is lethal today, pure ice!

well we got a couple of cm's here! it came down quite fast! for about 30 mins and then lighter snow for another 30! It was great fun! lol! has been really icy on the roads today aswell! The temps have just started rising now as the clouds are rolling in! tbh i just love to see falling snow. having it accumulate on the ground is just an added bonus for me! laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The entire north western horizon has disappeared behind a wall of snow as this area of organised showers approaches.

And here it is now!

Posted

im about 12 miles west of redditch, we did have dark clouds but now the sun has come back lol

tbh you do have to see the funny side reading these posts, i want a bit of snow as much as anyone, but if it's not happening, hey hit the wine

WISH I COULD HIT THE WINE! UNFORTUNETLY I HAVE THE NIGHT SHIFT TONIGHT biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The entire north western horizon has disappeared behind a wall of snow as this area of organised showers approaches.

And here it is now!

yep, can see the anvil tops from my back garden...they'll all probably 15-20 miles away to my north sliding SEwards, wont miss me by much, but will miss me unfortunately :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Bet you any money it don't happen. The GFS compeltely disagrees with the BBC charts, they will change it by tomorrow and that band of snow will be gone, i'll garauntee it.

No Andy, you cannot guarantee it just the same as I cannot guarantee it will happen. Isn't that what makes the weather endlessly fascinating never quite being sure of what will happen. God forbid the day when the weather is exactly as forecast or indeed as the charts suggested 2 weeks previously.