Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So, after a depressing evening/night here with 20mins of rain, what can I expect today?

sunny and dry next 5 days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It has been a big letdown hasn't it? A sprinkling of snow on 2 days and nothing else No sign of any on the way, absolute pants imho.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It has been a big letdown hasn't it? A sprinkling of snow on 2 days and nothing else No sign of any on the way, absolute pants imho.

yeah same here, stafford and shrewsbury are the worst places for snow, no just dry all week

Posted

wheres the festive spirit gone on here? you'd think it was 16 degrees with a raging b**tlett. the fact of the matter is, it is going to be another well below average day temperaturewise, there is plenty of frost around the region. if that aint seasonal, then i dont know what is. unfortunately a cold spell doesnt always mean snow, spare a thought for those living in cornwall or ROI at the moment, because in terms of the weather, its a lot more seasonal here. so go out for a walk or something, and make the most of it, going by most winters of this decade, wind and rain and temperatures about 10 degrees higher would be the norm!

Posted

temperatures here will be perfect for any showers before midday as it's around -4cwhistling.gif

EDIT: HEAVIER SNOW!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Overnight low of -5.6c following on from previous night low of -6.2c Sunny blue skies now. Met Office state in this mornings forecast for the East Midlands that this cold frosty weather will continue until Thursday (Xmas Eve) at least. Snow not mentioned but in my long experience I believe snow will arrive unexpected. For those that get snow today, enjoy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Argh, the Cheshire Gap effect IS working, but they look like to be passing to my north! Too much of a westerly component :)

Posted

the showers somewhat seem to be developing as they come further inland rather than fizzling out.

Good start to the day :)

Still snowing very lightly but with BIG flakes.

Posted

For those that didn't see any snow, you're not the only ones.

However, the two set ups have not really been for this area.

Easterly's do not always deliver to the midlands (west midlands and west of east midlands) - Its quite a way to go.

To be fair, the Northerly, which can deliver to the midlands, was correctly predicted by the BBC. Energy/ppn absorption by the pennines and peaks, wth energy pick up in to central southern England.

To be fair, the GEFS was perhaps a little incorrect on the ppn amounts, however, it was good at predicting that the 850's would be on the marginal side of things.

Lets not also forget the warm sector was progged for tomorrow night as well.

Posted

Argh, the Cheshire Gap effect IS working, but they look like to be passing to my north! Too much of a westerly component sad.gif

Yep like i said yesterday.

Thus will favour us more up here in north staffs but just about.

We need that that wind to switch a tee-bit more northly, around 10-15 degrees and i'm telling you then the whole of west midlands would get frequent snow showers all day long. The angle of the wind has to be perfect for it to effect everyone in the Midlands

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
unsure.gifunsure.gif There is signs lookin at the met radar that the cheshire gap is having an effect , we have hope , once they develop in the irish sea we will have more of an idea , also i looked at the satalite view and the low over scotland is moving quite rapidly south at the min with the showers round it pushing south with it , dont no if this is forecaast but if it comes south another 100miles then its game on , time will tell

Posted

I think our best hope now lies with the inevitable push from the Atlantic. Got down to -6.7c last night, considering it didn't get below freezing until after midnight that is pretty good going.

Posted

still snowing moderatly here and already a cm on the ground from this alone ..... stunning!yahoo.gif

Im telling you guys i knew this from friday that we were in for something today... showers are going to be non stop here by the looks of it!

For once the Met Office could be right about 15cm!crazy.gif

Edited by ISAAC

Posted

I dont think so, nothings on the radar for anything much south of Stoke

Not yet, maybe later.

I hope so!

Posted

I dont think so, nothings on the radar for anything much south of Stoke

Agreed, Stoke will get a battering. The rest of Staffordshire will get the od rogue shower and the East Midlands could get a few. The rest of the Midlands can pretty much forget it.