Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

No doubt about it- precip has intensified and it's snowing heavily now in Northampton.

Topping up earlier accumulations nicely.

the band sees to be moving east ..

that huge band that was south of bum is now making its way over our regionlaugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I thoght it had stopped snowing in Leic , Just put my hand out the window and the reason I couldn't see anything is because it is rain !

Roads are gunna be hell when this freezes, tomorrow morning will be very dangerous.

Posted

Don't get me started on the Midlands definition, you remember what I did in Feb surely? :unsure:

LOL- vaguely. I know you got a bit of a bee in your bonnet about it. Can't remember exactly why...

Posted

Pessimisim rules tonight (or, toonoight as my Dudley bass player would say!)

All eyes on the next few hours and days.

It'll be fine, I promise.

Kind regards,

Mike.

P.S. Dear Santa- I want a U.S.A. Fender Telecaster with Seymour Duncan pickups for Christmas.......better than sex (through a Twin Reverb, of course!!!!)

Edited by Winston

Posted

Erm, okay then. Ignore the Met Office definitions and divide the region up how you want if you like. I think if you asked most people they would say Northants is in the East Mids, but it's a tedious point to argue over so I really can't be bothered.

That is because the Met office don't have a South Midlands. But places like Northampton , Kettering , Market Harborough are all South Midlands IMO . Also Heart FM 106.0 says the Great East Midlands ,and is based on Notts , Derby and Leic. But not gonna argue about something so stupid , so will just leave it at Nottingham , Leicester and Derby did rubbish for Snow so far in this cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Snowing quite well now settling on all surfaces temp fallen slightly to 0.3c, staying quite on heavier area to our west

Posted

That is because the Met office don't have a South Midlands. But places like Northampton , Kettering , Market Harborough are all South Midlands IMO . Also Heart FM 106.0 says the Great East Midlands ,and is based on Notts , Derby and Leic. But not gonna argue about something so stupid , so will just leave it at Nottingham , Leicester and Derby did rubbish for Snow so far in this cold spell.

We are in the east mids..

so market harbourgh (leicestershire) is in the south mids?

Posted

Well i just let the kids go out into the little snow we have and.... i have never seen them so excited :wallbash::rofl: .

A pity its thawing already , the wife thinks i'm mad letting them out at this time of night but i don't think it'll still be here in the morning.

At least we had some because they see it on the tv 6" .... 8" .... deep and they just moan " oohhh dad why can't we have some snow "

Nick

Posted

It's coming down really well now- really picturesque out there and settling fast.

Will have to get me ruler out again in a bit. laugh.gif

Gritters have been down boughton green rd..

and it's settling fast LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think the following image adequately sums up this snow "event":

epic_fail.jpg

Posted

Forget it , all i'm saying is don't go by Met Office areas. They have Skegness in the East Midlands which it quite clearly isn't

Posted

The leading edge was rain when I went outside but now turned back to snow and temp starting to fall again.

Temp 1.6˜°C

Dewpoint -0.1°

Main band nearly here in Banbury.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Lived in Market Harborough for 30 years and was always regarded as East Midlands as for Northampton this entry pretty well nails it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northampton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

LOL- vaguely. I know you got a bit of a bee in your bonnet about it. Can't remember exactly why...

Haha :cold: It was only a bit of fun, I was trying to create some controversy but I didn't mean it in a malicious way, just wanted to have some fun.

Posted

Tomorrow is my chance of lots of snow showers coming in from the west and fresh/strong west wind.

Now my expectations were quite high a few days ago,and now if theres no drifting snow from a west wind then it`s a fail for this.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/brack0.gif

Thats what I want to happen.

Very light snow now or just a few flakes,every flake counts now it`s freezing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well i just let the kids go out into the little snow we have and.... i have never seen them so excited :cold::rofl: .

A pity its thawing already , the wife thinks i'm mad letting them out at this time of night but i don't think it'll still be here in the morning.

At least we had some because they see it on the tv 6" .... 8" .... deep and they just moan " oohhh dad why can't we have some snow "

Nick

It should begin to freeze soon. Will be very icy in the morning and means the snow will stick around! :D

We had 2cm which is very impressive for the short space of time it happened in! :D