Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Hooray, Snowmageddon has now hit North Derbyshire, temps fallen from 2.5 to 1.0 in 15 mins roads outside white over drinks.gif

That is great to hear, where in north Derbyshire are you ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

OK- there are some super dark clouds to my north, and the NW radar has a wall of snow coming to me. THERE IS NO. WAY. I CAN MISS THIS. I rwally hope it doesnt evaporate into nothing as it hits Notts city border...... please-please-please-please-please..... I'm becoming twisted!!! lol!! crazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This has been a good cold spell, but a very, very poor wintry spell. Disappointing to say the least.

Posted

yep, can see the anvil tops from my back garden...they'll all probably 15-20 miles away to my north sliding SEwards, wont miss me by much, but will miss me unfortunately :)

well we've had a max temperature of 1 degree today. still got 2cm lying snow outside on our road, and plenty of icy roads around. not a hope in hell of seeing any precip today, my attention is focused on thursday at the moment, but no doubt that will turn out a none event, as it is still a long way off. would be nice if this cold spell served up one widespread snow event for the midlands, just to cheer up those of us who have had nothing so far. maybe mother nature is trying to make us wait for a christmas surprise?! :yahoo:

Edited by azores92

Posted

It's just one of those things Nick where the showers and troughs have missed us, still possibilities later in the week with the breakdown scenarios.

I think that is our best hope, showery outbreaks very rarely cause widespread snow cover for our part of the world for obvious reasons.

Just a shame that we have to rely on a very risky scenario just to get anything decent out of this.

Posted

So why exactly are all those showers not heading down into the west midlands? too much of a westerly component in the wind direction?

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

Cheers, great to see some of the white stuff, with christmas so close, especially after missing out for the previous few days. Just hoping for a good frontal snow storm, sort of breakdown scenario over chritsmas, now that would be somthing harking back to the 70s, and 80s :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I can see matlocks black clouds!!! It CANT miss me!!! It just CANT!!!! Come to me, oh snow-squall. The Weather Gods may finally answer my prayers and give me this one snow burst.

I am waiting any moment now whistling.gif .....

Posted

Matlock, DE4, really heavy now acute.gif

Nice I have climbed a lot around there, High Tor etc

Posted

omg- type in NG5 into the NW radar someone cuz I cant copy and paste the radar image. This will be such an answered prayer if I get this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cloud has built up recently. Showers are struggling to make it over the Welsh mountains. :D

Posted

gasp+ IS IT...........................COULD IT BE??????????????????????......................

IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS SNOWING IN NOTTINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

It is interesting how things are moving more SE again rather than E.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Cloud has built up recently. Showers are struggling to make it over the Welsh mountains. sad.gif

Come on mate, we have no hope. Only the north-east Midlands are getting anything today.

Posted

...and a new weather warning for the East Midlands (Lincs & Notts) http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/em_forecast_warnings.html

Posted

Come on mate, we have no hope. Only the north-east Midlands are getting anything today.

Im not expecting anything anyway! Im still happy we had that heavy snow last night!

Posted

Good job we had that frontal snow last night. Nothing else can reach us! It couldn't last week and can't today!

Posted

:wallbash: looking out to the North West and over the Irish Sea there looks to be plenty of action tonight, ope them showers don,t fade away.

snow eased for 5 mins but coming back strong again.