Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Would my extreme generalisation give an idea to where the cold front is?

test1t.png

No need to praise me for my awesome paint skills

Well done shaun ever so skillfull :hi::wallbash:. You do a better job than Rolf Harris himself :rofl:

Nah i reckon its a pretty good generalisation, have a few flakes in teh rain here now must be getting colder.

Posted

Hi all,

Been a lurker for the last week, and desperate for some snow like most!!

Subscribed to the radar within the last hour and that snow is agonizingly close ,but its rain here in swansea, soooooo close but yet so far.....

Come on snow god ,stop teasing us this way !!

Am Tycoch area so got slight elevation i suppose.

Am hoping for plenty of snow ,but not to freeze badly as the son is playing football in mumbles in the morning.

I posted a few times during the february blast !! so hope this will be just as good.

If we get a prolonged cold period ,will that effect the sea temperatures more so , so that januray and february would be more likely to see snowfall than usual??

I mean lets say the average temp when we get the usual south westerlys is say 8 degrees in january, would a good two/three weeks of very cold weather in december have any effect on january averages??

Sounds a bit mixed up , am not the best at explaining , but if you can kinda understand where im coming from , let me know???

Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temperture 1.0c, hasnt risen in 10minutes, no precip at the moment and skies cloudy.

Posted

Dowlais is getting hit heavily again on cam

yep andy that must be the second band coming in i mentioned earlier. now we need to watch abercynon cam and keep close eye on it.

Posted

Well done shaun ever so skillfull tease.giftongue.gif. You do a better job than Rolf Harris himself tongue.gif

Nah i reckon its a pretty good generalisation, have a few flakes in teh rain here now must be getting colder.

Thats a quality red line, infact i think your red line is so hot its turning any snow into rain here in Swansea.

Make it a icy blue cyan type colour for good luck

Posted

seems the cold front will come in eventually - you may get something then - Jay

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Thats a quality red line, infact i think your red line is so hot its turning any snow into rain here in Swansea.

Make it a icy blue cyan type colour for good luck

:cold: Hey, welcome back this winter. I wish you the best luck possibly for snow. Have fun if you get some. (I'm sure you will see some tonight/tomorrow morning)

Dowlais cam link incase anyone wanted to see again CLICK HERE TO VIEW CAM

Posted

Im 73m above sea level, do you think thats high enough for snow later mate?

Bit touch and go at 73metres,

Were you 75metres then id say your in for blizzards, but 73 ...hmmmm sleet rain im afraid.

Go upstairs or into the attic and your more likely to see snow.

Posted

Temperture lowering again back to 0.6c, more snow in this bit of precip still rain and wen rain hitting ground its completely frozen.

Posted

A470 Upper Boat, Pontypridd, behind my house is looking like a sheet of ice. Not good. Light rain here/sleety.

wow - that's a familiar place - had the carvery at the upper boat last sunday - lovely it was as well, like always

Posted

Temp here now dropping- not by much (3.4 from 3.8 degrees). I think I'm on the right side of the warm sector now.

Posted

One thing is for sure - the roads and paths are going to be absolutely treacherous, there's solid sheet of ice on all surfaces already. Quite a few accidents tonight and tomorrow I think.

Posted

It better snow lol, Cardiff City's match was called off today, i go to every match and it had to be today called off didn't it lol due to frost.

I was disapointed by that is well:( Cardiff should go up this year lol, we been playing well in the championship for ages, we need to go up now to improve futher. Anyway back on topic temperture has rapidly increased to 1.3c and its sleeting still.

Posted

I was disapointed by that is well:( Cardiff should go up this year lol, we been playing well in the championship for ages, we need to go up now to improve futher. Anyway back on topic temperture has rapidly increased to 1.3c and its sleeting still.

Not good then, we need the warm front to pass fast lol.