Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well doesn't look like it snowed here last night, temps dropped thismorning to -2.3c, temps now -1.7C with a clear sky. Hope to get some snow showers today atleast! This cold spell has not been very good for us here, looks like our best bet will now be a cold spell in Jan or Feb.

Posted

Well doesn't look like it snowed here last night, temps dropped thismorning to -2.3c, temps now -1.7C with a clear sky. Hope to get some snow showers today atleast! This cold spell has not been very good for us here, looks like our best bet will now be a cold spell in Jan or Feb.

Showers packing in across ireland fingures crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Had a light covering here last night less than a cm hopefully showers will increase

Posted

woke up in Machynlleth at 0630 to a heavy snow shower. Nice white covering outside - but not enough to be significant.

Was -3C, now at 0805 it's -1.7C with a clear patchy sky, but with another band of dark clouds approaching from a NE direction.

More snow maybe??????????

Edited by impster

Posted

Well that was a complete non event, oh well still we have months for some white stuff to hit us. Doubt we will see anything from this so called cold spell.

This cold spell has a long way to go. Don't write it off yet!

Very light dusting of soft hail this morning covering roads/cars etc. Currently -2.5c.

Edited by benb

Posted

This cold spell has a long way to go. Don't write it off yet!

Very light dusting of soft hail this morning covering roads/cars etc. Currently -2.5c.

Looking good for showers for you next couple of days wind direction favours you more than me in swansea.

Posted

Woke up to a light sprinkling, some big flakes though judging by what is still sitting on roofs, paths and cars, even on the road. Gritters couldn't have been out last night. Judging by the M4 camera the west had the snow with Pont Abraham worst affected but nothing to write home about. Here to hoping we get some beefy showers today, although looking at the radar nothing due for a good while yet.

Posted

Woke up ths morning to nothing nadir zilch.

Last year was the same we had one day of snow with a decent covering gone the next.

While the jacks down the road had it all. Its like living in the Welsh equivalent of the Bermuda triangle where snow is concerned. If you dont believe me ask poor Jay.

Anyway pass the shorts and sun glasses as no doubt we will have bbq weather this afternoon :doh:

PS its just got better she who should be obeyed has just informed me as its nice we can go shopping :doh:

Edited by loadsa

Posted

Woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow, must have been those passing showers at 6ish this morning currently -6 and like an ice rink out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Im not too sure, would i be too far east to get the showers today and tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temperture is -6.5c at the moment extremely cold.

Blue bird skies. Disapointed. Very dangerous out there tho!

Posted

Is it me or are the showers not forming to potently? for a North Westerly Radar currently looks pathetic.

Posted

Is it me or are the showers not forming to potently? for a North Westerly Radar currently looks pathetic.

I think we're currently in a little ridge of higher pressure. The unstable air that has the shower cells in it is still a little way off.

If you've the NetWeather radar, select the 'air pressure' option from the drop down menu and you can see what I mean.

Posted

Woke up to hardly anything this morning, just very light dusting on surfaces. sad.gif I'm gutted as the merthyr and tredegar area a few miles away from me got quite a bit.nonono.gif

Posted

and the unstable air will affect us later?

I believe so. Everything is moving generally NW to SE. In the next couple of hours, I'd expect to see increased activity in the Irish Sea off the Pembs/Credigion coast and then these showers heading this way. Ironically, the sun may help this process, adding a little more energy into the system.

However, I'm no meteorologist and am happy to be proven wrong by events!

Posted

A light dusting of snow on all surfaces, roads/pavements, snow on grass, but not enough to corer fully, but this counts as a Met Office Snow day as over 50% of the ground is covered, first of the winter.

Jack your opion on shower activity for wales?do you think with current wind direction north wales will have showers not south?