Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I'm seriously gutted :(

to be honest im seriously glad.. cus now i wont give a toss about the next lot coming in.. and can concentrate on xmas :cray:

Posted

LOL

All this -10 air, NE/E wind.....Build up of cold days with -4 dewpoints, -2 in London...

We get a band of what should be snow and its soo marginal because of a 'warmer sector' it falls

ALL as rain

No wonder people are dubious and quote The christmas pudding...Me I just think maybe its luck :cray:

What a shame all that cold and snow and ice we had has just been washed away.....Well done to

all those who are/have got snow

Posted

stopped snowing in wycombe yet heavy snow expected tommorow

Heavy snow tomorrow? In the Bucks region? Nah i don't think so :huh:

EDIT: Sorry, i forgot its past midnight, haha :( :( :cray:

Edited by JamieUK

Posted

We had half an hour of heavy snow now it's just light stuff.

Enough to cover the Car again. Also everything that had previously melted.

I think we may have a little more to come, but not a lot.

I think the roads are o.k, just saw a nightbus inching it's way down the High road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I live in South Woodham... it's not lots from my POV but then I've spent 90% of my time at the computer. whenever I've looked out the window it's seemed rather anti-climatic compared to the descriptions from elsewhere. still, we've got snow which is awesome!

I just looked and it' has slowed down a bit. Have you seen my snowy woodham pics on the photo thread?

Posted

I live near the top of Bluebell Hill, just south of the Medway towns at about 100m ASL. If it's going to snow, then it should do here (M2 junction just down the round always seems to get hammered and shut) I'll keep you posted. At the moment smoky orange sky, literally just arrived in the last few minutes

Posted

and............thined out again, well its only Dec and so far a bonus, we are building ip a nice cold pool to start winter in ernest

Posted

I live near the top of Bluebell Hill, just south of the Medway towns at about 100m ASL. If it's going to snow, then it should do here (M2 junction just down the round always seems to get hammered and shut) I'll keep you posted. At the moment smoky orange sky, literally just arrived in the last few minutes

I am keeping my eye on the webcam as its my old stomping ground. It will no doubt be snow there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Boo to the warm sector - it did all look too perfect, I got a -6 reading out in the car earlier, now where did that go?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Thankfully the snow cum rain has now gone and hopefully it will get colder now. Still a pink sky in nw 10 so who knows we may pick up a snow shower later. This band mild!

Let me know IF/when it starts up there, I am in W11, so you will know before me.

Posted

spent 60 seconds at the window... definitely moderate snow now at a very acceptable level without being spectacular. :drinks: will update if situation changes!

Posted

After a nice proper cold sunny winters day, rain started to fall which has now turned to sleet. Got absolutely soaked on the way home. Not pleasant!! Just hope it turns to snow before dawn.

Edited by Don

Posted

Still raining here in Shoebury, just harder than it was. All the snow from Thursday night is melting away :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Heavy burst of snow now in Gravesend. Temp 1,1c steady. Seems whats falling is turning back to snow as it edges out of london.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

I am keeping my eye on the webcam as its my old stomping ground. It will no doubt be snow there

Just started snowing, no rain observed. First time I've seen icicles hanging of my soffits for years! I suppose over in Canada it's a much more regular thing - my kids asked me what they were, would you believe it!

Not expecting great shakes, perhaps an inch or two. For sure Maidstone Road (B2097) will become impassable again ...

Posted

Ok, all confusing now. Hearing lots about rain....another anti climax!!! Although atm I have snow falling. I've heard something is developing to the west, Reading way. Can anyone eloborate on this?