Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I just looked and it' has slowed down a bit. Have you seen my snowy woodham pics on the photo thread?

no, I'll look. I'll send my sister to the page - she's out of the country and missing this snow.

Posted

Had an hour of moderate to heavy snow here between midnight and 1am, it eased off for 10-15 minutes, now its picking up again. Ive just been out and measured 1.5cm of fresh snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

snowing heavley here

Posted

See, now this reminds me of the vast majority of snow potential post 1991, snow forecast for my region, only to wake up to rain and wet roads. I seriously cannot believe after an ice day here, that 'snow' fell as sleet and rain!! I thought this was a dead cert!

Edited by snow raven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Having seen the (very disappointing) band go through London, there does seem to be some convection on the Northern flank. The latest radar is actually showing another 'blob' of ppn to the NE of London, but is anyone up there to give temperature readings?

I have a bad location for taking temps, but it is reading approx 4ºc here right now, but it is suddenly feeling a bit fresher.

Posted

Yeah was 1.6C here.. Snows melting on trees and stuff, warmest it's been in ages. Just want the cloud to clear and temps to go down now. The crazy warnings of snow amounted to less than 1cm.

I know! But if we were that little further SouthEast we would have got a hammering! It looked good here at the beginning but amounted to nothing, snow passed us very quickly, ahwell. BBC have us down for Heavy Snow on Monday (probably Night). Lets see lol :drinks:

-----Oh and RunBoy, that pics pretty good

Edited by JamieUK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

OK, temp down half a degree in half an hour, dewpoint dropped from 0.2 to 0.1, rain is looking sleety, do I stay up? or hope for a nice surprise in the morning?

Posted

Just started snowing, no rain observed. First time I've seen icicles hanging of my soffits for years! I suppose over in Canada it's a much more regular thing - my kids asked me what they were, would you believe it!

Not expecting great shakes, perhaps an inch or two. For sure Maidstone Road (B2097) will become impassable again ...

wow, they were a regular occurence in the 80's lol. It doesnt snow a lot where I am maybe once every 2 weeks on average but obviously its s dead cert when it does

I would think maybe a good inchor two for sure

Posted

Heavy again here, but looking at the radar....this may be the end for tonight.....but happy!!! Camera on charge for a walk in Grovelands Park tomorrow!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

wow heavy snow now and settling fast over the soaked paths never seen nothing like it wa hoooo

hmmm, I might stay up a bit longer then...

Posted

Having seen the (very disappointing) band go through London, there does seem to be some convection on the Northern flank. The latest radar is actually showing another 'blob' of ppn to the NE of London, but is anyone up there to give temperature readings?

I have a bad location for taking temps, but it is reading approx 4ºc here right now, but it is suddenly feeling a bit fresher.

Yes, ME. Temp 0c and am waiting for the back edge before falling into bed.

Have to go to Stansted tomorrow so hoping it's not too bad up there.

Posted

wow, just looking at the lord lees roundabout webcam - its a whiteout...good now coming down there at blue bell hill

Posted

wow heavy snow now and settling fast over the soaked paths never seen nothing like it wa hoooo

Very heavy snow falling here and temp is 1c

And settling very fast

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

yeah still snowing here temps 0.4c dewpoint -1.0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Yes, ME. Temp 0c and am waiting for the back edge before falling into bed.

Have to go to Stansted tomorrow so hoping it's not too bad up there.

Cheers, here's still hoping, but I've given up holding my breath now.