Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Really pleased for you mate, if it freezes over tonight we might still join you with that white christmas.

thanks, good luck for you, probably will freeze over tonight hopefully, with not much sunshine at all tomorrow and some low cloud and fog, it looks like the snow will stick around/ it would take a lot for it to melt tomorrow as we havent had hardly any significant thaw

smile.gif

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

light/moderate snow falling, temperature -1C :)

All about luck now, just need some of the heavy stuff to move in n there will be rapid accumulation!

Winds are easterly here at the moment http://www.xcweather.co.uk/30m/GB/w1261606158.gif

hopefully that will bring some moisture of the north sea and pep the band up a bit, while the band slows down right over us :)

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

thanks, good luck for you, probably will freeze over tonight hopefully, with not mcuh sunshine at all tomorrow and some low cloud and fog, it looks like the nsow will stick around/

smile.gif

Thats what I was thnking. The disappointing thing for me was that at 6 we were seeing temps of -3 with dews of -4. We should have got snow but our altitude got in the way. Enjoy your white christmas!!

Posted

Thats what I was thnking. The disappointing thing for me was that at 6 we were seeing temps of -3 with dews of -4. We should have got snow but our altitude got in the way. Enjoy your white christmas!!

thank you! could be a hell of a lot more to come next week too, so don't be too disheartened!

Posted

thank you! could be a hell of a lot more to come next week too, so don't be too disheartened!

Cheers mate. We have had snow on the ground since Friday which isn't bad at all really so I shouldn't grumble. Lets see what the morning brings

Posted

Well done guys, a non event for many as stated last night, with a select lucky few getting snow, no thaw here, roads are bad!

Why the hell have I got about 5cm (not complaining)

Been snowing for 1hr 30mins now and still coming down?

Posted

Cheers mate. We have had snow on the ground since Friday which isn't bad at all really so I shouldn't grumble. Lets see what the morning brings

indeed, its really amazing how this year has had two long periods of snowy spells, where snow has laid on the ground for over a week. I cannot remember anytime in this decade where we have had snow lying this long. incredibly lucky how two events in one year have had snow on the ground for longer than a week, but any other time in the decade there has been a quick thaw.shok.gif

heres to a new start, its the start of a new decade next year, looking at the charts it could be a brilliant start to the new decade

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

The temperature has rapidly risen above freezing now. Its still raining but it doesnt seem to have melted the snow much. Current temperature: 0.1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

still moderate/heavy snow showers in tyersal [pudsey] a fresh covering on the roads and paths. as long as we have snow on the ground xmas day , im happy!!

Posted

Nothing like a good N/Easterly for next week, our Southern Brothers are going to do alright :whistling:

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfsnh-1-150.png?18

What a fantastic cold spell this is and despite a couple of days of milder weather from tomorrow onwards, things take a turn for the better next week, not bad for the 'Moder''n Eraaa' :rofl:

Edited by Cal

Posted

isnt there some more later??? looks like somthing is brewing again!

Hopefully not! As over the coming days its going to get even more marginal! I suspect any more showers tonight would give the same as what people received from this spell of precipitation :whistling:

Posted

cool, it's been snowing on a whole new level here in north leeds! it kind of turned into this icey crap for a long time but has now turned back into full bonafide snow, the sort that you can see without looking at a lamppost!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Greetings. Bet you've all been waiting for my report...

It started snowing/raining/icing in Doncaster roundabouts 8pm. I eventually finished my last job and headed home at 9pm.

Heavy snow all the way up the A1 to Leeds and it's sticking on all the main roads. The incar temperature says -2ºc. current conditions are treacherous and if this continues for a good few hours, we could beat our 1995 record of around 15".

It's strange because I checked the metoffice radar at 8.45pm and it was blue with slight hints of green.

It's really coming down, heavy enough to settle on my hot company car. Webcam is on and updates every few mins.

Edited by Stelmer

Posted

There's been 40 accidents in north lincs this evening acording to the local news

That does not suprise me one bit, hoe everyones ok! The roads here were bad enough, never mind country roads.

Posted

Just started snowing at Linton on Ouse - small flakes covering my car in icing sugar...

not much wind hopefully it will last a while here.