Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Starting to get quite fogy now with the temp stuck at 0.4c. I have measured 2cm of new snow. Not bad for a marginal event! I don't expect temps to get much below freezing tonight. In fact they will probably hover around were they are now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

My eldest son is at martin house hospice in clifford [wetherby way ] he says it snowing there as well

Posted

Leeds people, it's been snowing for quite a while now, how much longer could it?

Posted

Next door neighbour cleared his drive around 6ish tonight,

fresh snow on it now ha ha

post-10780-12616098903013_thumb.jpg

Edited by stevied

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Sleet turned to wet snow then mod snow about an hour ago. It has stopped now with about 1cm on top of the ice laid down earlier.

Should be an interesting morning: glad I'm on holiday!

Posted

Leeds people, it's been snowing for quite a while now, how much longer could it?

It has just stopped here

I will after a few more Vodka and Cokes go and measure

Wrapping presents for the wife (she did all the kids)

Just watched a neighbour trying to get on his drive ha ha ha

Ice under the snow for 7 days now no chance dumped it on his lawn

Pictures to follow

Less than a inch but the best so far since Feb 09

Actually drizzle (rain at the mo)

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted

Leeds covers a very large area , Jed has had snow everyday since last Thursday whereas i havnt... a couple of inch last Thursday , then a fresh cover sunday and now just over an inch tonight .... i would say theres between 2-3 inch lying here at mo , but i was in yeadon today ( Leeds/Bradford Airport ) and there was about 4 inch in places there before tonight. Thats about 8 mile from where i live ... big variations within what is known as Leeds :p)

Up at 5am for work , should be interesting ... hoping we dont see the 'drizzle' here as mentioned in Normy :p

Edited by mickpips

Posted

Leeds covers a very large area , Jed has had snow everyday since last Thursday whereas i havnt... a couple of inch last Thursday , then a fresh cover sunday and now just over an inch tonight .... i would say theres between 2-3 inch lying here at mo , but i was in yeadon today ( Leeds/Bradford Airport ) and there was about 4 inch in places there before tonight. Thats about 8 mile from where i live ... big variations within what is known as Leeds :p)

Evening all, everyone - new poster; have been following things here with interest past few days. Been quite disappointed past few days with the lack of heavy snowfall here in Leeds but we are getting a right pasting now :yahoo:I'm in North West Leeds and am loving every minute of it. Agree with the variation - I was also in Yeadon earlier today and it was a world away from here in the immediate suburbs.

Of course I should have said North East Leeds. That's Banana Bread Beer for you.

Edited by paulw10

Posted

Up at 5am for work , should be interesting ... hoping we dont see the 'drizzle' here as mentioned in Normy :p

Ye drove into leeds earlyier and some big local varitions on my way there.

got 3cm fresh snow so far and still coming down hard!

Posted

If the GFS is to be correct the band will move a little further north then halt, and stay over the Leeds area until 3-4am.

Posted

Its intensifying big time now! I feel areas noth of us like north yorkshire/southern parts of north east england could get a real hammering if this carys on. Expect it to have left me in about 30 mins.

Posted

not as heavy here now ,looking at my lamppost :D

Posted

The band has passed over and the temperature has risen to 0.4C. Despite 2.0mm of rain there has been no appreciable thaw in the snowcover. Its very icy everywhere now though, not looking forward to the journey home from work.

Posted

Evening all, everyone - new poster; have been following things here with interest past few days. Been quite disappointed past few days with the lack of heavy snowfall here in Leeds but we are getting a right pasting now :yahoo:I'm in North West Leeds and am loving every minute of it. Agree with the variation - I was also in Yeadon earlier today and it was a world away from here in the immediate suburbs.

Of course I should have said North East Leeds. That's Banana Bread Beer for you.

Hi mate, glad us around leeds are getting snow, about time too :D

Posted

Pelting it down here in Morley..they are having to send people home..apart from us night shift cronies!!wallbash.gif

Aye im from morley we have had a great covering!! :D

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Still snowing, lightly here.

Would be nice for the band to stop over here but we're not that lucky...

Posted

Can't say I'm impressed tbh, the GFS is wrong, if it was right the band should have stalled over us but instead it's tracking further and further north. If it had we would have so much snow.

Light snow atm.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad it happened and am happy with the snow we got, but it could have been so much more.

Edit: If the GFS is correct it looks like the PPN over the north west will pivot back.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Wanted more but... just glad us in west yorkshire got a fresh top up before christmas !!

night guys off for a walk in the snow for my takeaway now!

Posted

Turning fine now in NE Leeds - any more coming up from the South overnight?

It may pivot back in to Leeds, not the PPN to the north of us now, but the PPN over the north west.