Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 7

Methuselah

Posted

Merry X-mas to all. As a newcomer, this is great site. Some impressive forecasting!!

What a run on GSF this morning.......the best its been!!!

Have great day ans hereis to lots more snow

drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

Posted

Merry Christmas to NW and all posters on this thread!

Hope Santa has been kind to you.:)

Another 5cms maybe(guessing at this time) or so make it an officially white Christmas for us.

It has been a cold December and we will be going into January in the same way with more snow forecast during the coming week.

Enjoy your Turkey folks!:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Merry Christmas everyone! Rain here - what's happening?.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We had everything here overnight, Monds. Now though, it's clear and freezing again. And, judging by that satellite pic you posted, tonight could be another cold one...

Merry Christmas, Monds... :clap::clap::clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Hey, I reckon this cloud is edging in much faster than forecast? :shok:

http://www.sat24.com/homepage.aspx?html=zoom&xas=180&yas=160

Hope not because temps and dewpoints are on the rise here!

Posted

Well peeps, judging by the GFS06Z (data-shortages nothwithstanding) we could all be in for a bit of a snowfest over the next two weeks...And, without this week's marginality???

Just how low will the Highlands' 'hotspots' get with uppers at -12C, a foot or more of lying snow and no wind!!! :shok: :lol:

Posted

Well peeps, judging by the GFS06Z (data-shortages nothwithstanding) we could all be in for a bit of a snowfest over the next two weeks...And, without this week's marginality???

Just how low will the Highlands' 'hotspots' get with uppers at -12C, a foot or more of lying snow and no wind!!! cold.gifcold.gif

Gonna be fun , and enough wind shifts for everyone to get a few further falls of snow!!yahoo.gif

Posted

bbc has forecast the snow to break up and die down as it reaches south west scotland hopefully there wrong again though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny here at -0.6C. Temps briefly rose from -3.5C at midnight to +2C overnight but have dropped again since daylight.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Sunny here at -0.6C. Temps briefly rose from -3.5C at midnight to +2C overnight but have dropped again since daylight.

was it -10c in dundee anytime this week, because when my sister seen it was -11c here she was telling us how it was -10c in dundee all last weekend and on monday.. it dosnt matter was just wondering because she seemed to be making it a bit dramatic!

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

bbc has forecast the snow to break up and die down as it reaches south west scotland hopefully there wrong again though

Merry Christmas everyone!

The latest BBC forecast surprised me as they made no mention of any snow/sleet/rain from that band crossing Ireland just now. Its as if they think it will fizzle away after crossing Northern Ireland.

On the 06z GFZ this morning it still looks like some sleet or snow moving into South West Scotland late this evening and then crossing Southern and Central Scotland overnight. It doesnt look too heavy but where it falls as snow could give a few centimetres.

I wonder who will be right?

Edited by Blizzardo

Posted

was it -10c in dundee anytime this week, because when my sister seen it was -11c here she was telling us how it was -10c in dundee all last weekend and on monday.. it dosnt matter was just wondering because she seemed to be making it a bit dramatic!

Can confirm that it was -10 at Tealing couple of nights ago, that is just outside Dundee, on the North side. It was the night of the heavy snow that moved down from Aberdeen and following the snow it rose to around +1 by dawn.

Posted

Can confirm that it was -10 at Tealing couple of nights ago, that is just outside Dundee, on the North side. It was the night of the heavy snow that moved down from Aberdeen and following the snow it rose to around +1 by dawn.

Yes probably once but not all week for her, she also said dundee has several feet of snow and on wednesday night the got another 6 inches is this true? btw she lives in the outer circle of dundee not country so dont be telling me about angus and aberdeen. please

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Merry Christmas everyone!

The latest BBC forecast surprised me as they made no mention of any snow/sleet/rain from that band crossing Ireland just now. Its as if they think it will fizzle away after crossing Northern Ireland.

On the 06z GFZ this morning it still looks like some sleet or snow moving into South West Scotland late this evening and then crossing Southern and Central Scotland overnight. It doesnt look too heavy but where it falls as snow could give a few centimetres.

I wonder who will be right?

Yeah, the graphics showed it turning into nothing even for here. However, she still mentioned the band of snow moving across Scotland so I think the forecast is just going against the graphics, again!

Posted

All of a sudden (like 20 minutes after a dead calm!) the trees are swaying in a katabatic breeze blowing off the Highlands... :)

Posted

Yes probably once but not all week for her, she also said dundee has several feet of snow and on wednesday night the got another 6 inches is this true?

i dont think anywhere in scotland got more than 12" to 18 " at lowish levels i think shes having you on mate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Frankly dissapointing day here met-wise in Leith after the build-up of the last week.

Still spitting steady light rain on the window. Aiport temp is 1c/DP1c, inevitably its warmer here and we've got a slow but quite steady thaw on. Expect the back gardens and open/grassy areas to hold into it longest .. the deep stuff there is getting very claggy and flattening down. Street wise we're in slush city. Twenty four hours ago the cold felt invincible here but the reality is that we're in marginal situations most of the time...

Not exactly setting us up to hold onto the snow cover here over the next 24-48 hours but other parts of the town had more than us and might yet hold onto just enough to get to the next cold spell. But I'm not optimistic.

Oh well !

Edited by by-tor