Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Light drizzly rain here 3°c to mild for snow atm unless it drops later?

I have a feeling the warm air is making progress as my temperature started off with 1.7c and sleety wet snow this morning but has increased ever since and now we just have rain and 2.7c (+0.4c per hour)

Posted

from 12pm to 3pm on meto it went from 3°c-2°c so wont lose hope just yet hope it doesn't snow till later cause got a driving lesson at 1pm.

And metoffice have us down for heavy snow at 3pm so we will haved to wait and see but im not even gunna be dispointed im gunna find it good when the front stalls will be intresting to watch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

We really are desperado's this is going to be a non event, but I feel our time will come before January is out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

We really are desperado's this is going to be a non event, but I feel our time will come before January is out.

the "main" event is still on its way.

Once we get the heavy ppn and its rain, I will then give up.

Until then, Im waiting and hoping.

Posted

Yes its all drizzly here but when the drops get bigger and it gets heavyer we may see some sleet will be a intresting week i can see.

Posted

the bbc did say about 3pm onwards we would see the heavy stuff so plently of time yet :lol:

Edit looking at the radar you can see there is still loads more to come this is still the light stuff :cc_confused:

Edited by twister2005

Posted

the "main" event is still on its way.

Once we get the heavy ppn and its rain, I will then give up.

Until then, Im waiting and hoping.

I think you have been on the prozac my friend - Where do you get all this hope and optimism from!? pardon.gifwacko.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Precip radar has changed from sleet to rain here, which is great as the rain has become increasingly sleety, only in bursts but it's definately changed in the last 30 mins. Hopeful for later - reverse psychology thing 'there's no way it'll happen here!' doesn't work for me. Reckon positivity more likely to work - but then I do live in Stroud.....smile.gif

Posted

I think you have been on the prozac my friend - Where do you get all this hope and optimism from!? pardon.gifwacko.gif

LOL the charts and forecasts :cc_confused:

The meto said it would "turn" to snow later and the charts didnt show cold air or snow until after midday anyway.

Its after midday that the heavy stuff kicks up north and dragging a cooler pool of air from the NE / E with it.

I remain optimistic, Not only due to that, but the cotsworlds have now vanished from sight and dogs/tricky have already mentioned snow on higher ground.

Posted

Lucy just said from Sky....as the afternoon goes on increasing amounts of snow.

The only difference I saw on here forecast was the Front was going more North

I do take Sky more lightly,but Im stressing the point as she is elborating the same as BBC ....

Edited by dogs32

Posted

MetO are currently sticking to their guns.

Thats a good thing.

time is moving along so slowly now.

Cmon my baby. You can do it!

Temp hasnt budged from 3.1c in an hour...

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

The higher hills here have disappeared to... but thats because they are sitting in the clouds now.

Still raining.

Temp still dropping slightly, and 22mm of rain so far. :)

Posted

LOL the charts and forecasts smile.gif

The meto said it would "turn" to snow later and the charts didnt show cold air or snow until after midday anyway.

Its after midday that the heavy stuff kicks up north and dragging a cooler pool of air from the NE / E with it.

I remain optimistic, Not only due to that, but the cotsworlds have now vanished from sight and dogs/tricky have already mentioned snow on higher ground.

The meto does say north somerset/bath bristol and especialy high ground however i canot help but think this is all them covering themselves. I know i am high up but temps are increasing here (2.8c) and i think it is just clutching a straw too far. The meto have heavy snow symbol for bristol which is strange i thought sleet would be more prudent symbol for covering their buts?

Maybe all these let downs has just turned me into a bitter and twisted person, i shall go have a shower and then a game on the xbox

360. An online masacre in call of duty does wonders for one's nerves. rofl.gifrofl.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted

I am going to B&Q now. One of the things I have to get is a bag of sand, for the driveway and path. To help reduce the slipperyness when all this snow comes. :)

I wonder what effect my purchase will have on the weather? Apologies to everyone, in advance, if I cause a great warm-up!

:)

PS Still cold rain here. :good:

Posted

The meto does say north somerset/bath bristol and especialy high ground however i canot help but think this is all them covering themselves. I know i am high up but temps are increasing here (2.8c) and i think it is just clutching a straw too far. The meto have heavy snow symbol for bristol which is strange i thought sleet would be more wise symbol for covering their buts?

Maybe all these let downs has just turned me into a bitter and twisted person, i shall go have a shower and then a game on the xbox

360. An online masacre in call of duty does wonders for one's nerves. rofl.gifrofl.gif

Whats yout gamertag.

Posted

More like masochists lol. Living in Poole I can only recall 1cm of snow in the last 10 years. For 5 years at the mere suggestion of something wintry I have trawled this sight in the hope of my kids seeing something memorable. Alas its always the same old story with more knowledgable people showing charts from ridiculous times in the future only to see them dissapear nearer the time frame. Even when its apparrently nailed its 4 days time then 5 days then downgrade. I blame myself for having the belief in all the hype, but the time is nearing when after a thousand of my hopes again bear absolutely no fruition I really must find another interest lol. So to sum it all up my conclusion is watch only the tv forecasts which are generally far superior to any optimistic forecast on here. Good luck to those who do see snow and a happy new year to all.

Posted

Whats yout gamertag.

the same as my name here lol. "mullender83" I got it for xmas from the other half, probably to keep me out of the pub more haha

Posted

yep she as just said it again on the Sky news...

M4 northwards as the day goes on for snow..

Blizzards in some places...preferbly hil's..not exclusively!

Later this afternoon, :)

temp stopped at 3,4..expect this to fall more I hope later

Posted

More like masochists lol. Living in Poole I can only recall 1cm of snow in the last 10 years. For 5 years at the mere suggestion of something wintry I have trawled this sight in the hope of my kids seeing something memorable. Alas its always the same old story with more knowledgable people showing charts from ridiculous times in the future only to see them dissapear nearer the time frame. Even when its apparrently nailed its 4 days time then 5 days then downgrade. I blame myself for having the belief in all the hype, but the time is nearing when after a thousand of my hopes again bear absolutely no fruition I really must find another interest lol. So to sum it all up my conclusion is watch only the tv forecasts which are generally far superior to any optimistic forecast on here. Good luck to those who do see snow and a happy new year to all.

I agree, so true.

Next time somebody says something along the lines of "This is shaping up to be one of the best cold spells since (insert date here)" I will go crazy :):):good:

Posted

the same as my name here lol. "mullender83" I got it for xmas from the other half, probably to keep me out of the pub more haha

haha kl.

Posted

BBC forecast pretty much says rain for round here.

Then again i never trust the bbc.