Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Mein Gott it is STILL left trouser leging it down here! How can we have so much rain? Has nobody told The Weather Gods that it's winter?

Posted

Back in Notts then? drinks.gif How was the drive up??pardon.gif I guess pretty normal apart from the rain!wallbash.gif

Drive up was fine cheers! Apart from horizontal rain and a slight snow flurry round Oxford, nothing untoward! :) I'm here safe and the house is frozen, not to mention bitingly cold outside! I never realised quite how mild it was back home!

Oh, there's still a bit of lying snow on the banks of the M1 Southbound, just north of Leicester. Something I noticed while in a queue from an accident!

Us Northerners are built ard my son :lol:

You must be vampires as well! The sun never comes out, whereas it's nearly always out back home! You want to try the South Coast Summer Special of 32 degrees and high humidity! A nice day on Bournemouth beach...ahhh! :lol:

I've even worn a fleece in 30 degree heat! I'm a man, I can take the heat! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

LOL B_S, I cannot take the heat myself, soon as it hits 18c i'm walking around in a t shirt :lol:

Anyone fancy joining me on a good b*tch about Eastern and South Easterners? :) Just kidding.

Still up for it though if anyone fancies it.... :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

LOL B_S, I cannot take the heat myself, soon as it hits 18c i'm walking around in a t shirt :lol:

Anyone fancy joining me on a good b*tch about Eastern and South Easterners? :) Just kidding.

Still up for it though if anyone fancies it.... :lol:

If I get into Reading I will become a south-easterner, and I shall take the Midlands snowlessness with me :)

Posted

Still up for it though if anyone fancies it.... :)

You want to check out my bedroom in mid summer! It often gets up to 35 in there on a summer's evening as it's South West facing! Sleeping can be an issue...sometimes. Only if it gets too near to 40... :)

Although I was born in the South East, I hate them and would love to have a female dog about them! :) Though Easterners are fine (north of Suffolk), I live with 2 (one Norwich, one Grimsby). South Easterners are the bane of my life! I strive to emphasise the differences between us friendly Swesterners and, er, them. :) :lol:

Posted

You want to check out my bedroom in mid summer! It often gets up to 35 in there on a summer's evening as it's South West facing! Sleeping can be an issue...sometimes. Only if it gets too near to 40... :nonono:

Although I was born in the South East, I hate them and would love to have a female dog about them! :lol: Though Easterners are fine (north of Suffolk), I live with 2 (one Norwich, one Grimsby). South Easterners are the bane of my life! I strive to emphasise the differences between us friendly Swesterners and, er, them. :good: :good:

Ferrrlippin eck!! When my bedroom reached 30c this Summer just gone I was almost dying, I had fans on, cold flannel on my head and all sorts LMAO :lol:

Couldn't sleep for hours, I was almost lying on the window sill trying to get to sleep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

LOL B_S, I cannot take the heat myself, soon as it hits 18c i'm walking around in a t shirt laugh.gif

Anyone fancy joining me on a good b*tch about Eastern and South Easterners? laugh.gif Just kidding.

Still up for it though if anyone fancies it.... rofl.gif

Just realised I`ve been lurking on here for two years today! Happy b`day me!!drunk.gif

Southerners.... no backbone...... all in jest!!!ph34r.gif

Posted

has this place turned into an internet chat room , :good: That heavy ppn that has reformed on the radar seems to be heading towards Leicester . and 850's are now falling so maybe some snow tonight ???????

Posted

whats with the weather warnings for the midlands on friday on the met office web site they got a warning for up to 10 cms of snow for the midlands. i thought it was going to be dry on friday? the bbc weather map shows no snow over us at all on friday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

whats with the weather warnings for the midlands on friday on the met office web site they got a warning for up to 10 cms of snow for the midlands. i thought it was going to be dry on friday? the bbc weather map shows no snow over us at all on friday?

Good spot, they only released it 2 hours ago as well. Have no idea why they have issued it for virtually the whole of the UK, will almost certainly be for those within 30 miles of the east coast.

Edited by nick2702

Posted

Despite the colder air moving in were just having drizzly rain after it almost turned fully to light snow an hour ago...

Temperature has been between 2.4c and 2.9c for the past twelve hours..

Edited by conor123

Posted

has this place turned into an internet chat room , :good: That heavy ppn that has reformed on the radar seems to be heading towards Leicester . and 850's are now falling so maybe some snow tonight ???????

you know it's never gonna get there so...give it up boyo!!! You're gonna have to rename yourself "snowlessnessturnedchrismad"

:nonono:

Posted

Listen here Christopher... There is bugger all else to chat about :nonono:

The Net Weather radar suggests that you should give up on any PPN in Leicester tonight, I have been following it for 2 hours and it's slowly but surely moved away towards the West *stamps floor in tantrum*

Posted

Well all model data I have seen show Heavy Snow showers traverling well inland from the North Sea , If were ever going to get some Snow that isn't sleet it will be from this.

Posted

10cm of rain then, not much different to last night then.. :nonono::good:

Posted

Just realised I`ve been lurking on here for two years today! Happy b`day me!!drunk.gif

Southerners.... no backbone...... all in jest!!!ph34r.gif

Happy 2nd N-W birthday big man :good:

Got another song reccomendation for ya...

Posted

Well all model data I have seen show Heavy Snow showers traverling well inland from the North Sea , If were ever going to get some Snow that isn't sleet it will be from this.

Since i've been down here (15) years Northants and the rest of the East Mids CAN do very well from a North Easterly flow, also if im correct in 96 in between xmas and the new year Northampton had some heavy snowfall from North Easterly flow.

sure it was 96.. remember the match between Nottingham forest and spurs, the match was played in a complete whiteout.

Now that ^ came from a North Easterly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

doesnt the yellow colour mean an 'advisory'...In this case its an 'advisory' of a poor forecast!....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Since i've been down here (15) years Northants and the rest of the East Mids CAN do very well from a North Easterly flow, also if im correct in 96 in between xmas and the new year Northampton had some heavy snowfall from North Easterly flow.

sure it was 96.. remember the match between Nottingham forest and spurs, the match was played in a complete whiteout.

Now that ^ came from a North Easterly.

yeah, I did well, they were the days when I got snow!

31 dec 96. also had a white new year

Posted

yeah, I did well, they were the days when I got snow!

31 dec 96. also had a white new year

well according to the Met O, those winds will be upon us again and strong winds.

TBH i'm looking forward to what ** COULD** be a very, very cold and snowy period for all of us in the mids

Most snow in the East mids though!!laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

well according to the Met O, those winds will be upon us again and strong winds.

TBH i'm looking forward to what ** COULD** be a very, very cold and snowy period for all of us in the mids

Most snow in the East mids though!!laugh.gif

yeah hopefully some for all, I'm really surprised saturdays trough from the north not been mentioned? looks good on fax charts, although a bit FI yet

Posted

yeah hopefully some for all, I'm really surprised saturdays trough from the north not been mentioned? looks good on fax charts, although a bit FI yet

Got the link?