Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

If it's any consolation to those who had no snow lying or falling, most of my snow has melted overnight, was simply too warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Could this bubble up for the West Midlands?

http://www.metoffice...adar/index.html

I think that we could see more sleet/snow this afternoon. It was sleeting here in south brum at about half 8ish this morning. It's not too cold at the moment though, so pre-3pm ish anything bubbling will be rain! But as I said to my husband this morning, there is no such thing as rain, only liquid snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lol i see its round 2 tonight which will be rain for us i bet. There is already a nice West Midland size gap in it. Total rubbish. Many forecasts were full of hype. Never going to listen to this again.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Off for a pub lunch in the shropshire/welsh hills to see if I can find any of the white stuff. :whistling:

None here. It had all but melted away by 1am

Posted

Very interesting weather here, we're right on the transition zone between snow/sleet/rain.

You literally have to walk up the hill for 3 minutes and it's snowing there.

We've currently got about 2cms of lying snow, however it is starting to thaw with the sleety mix we're getting at the moment.

The proper snow seems to be falling above 300m.

Posted

Head to here if you want a nice setting & meal :-

http://www.mellingtonhallhotel.com/

thanks ... heading for Church Stretton first and the Ragleth Arms.

Posted

so thats it then?..half hour of snow that didnt settle greatttnonono.gif but looking at the forecasts for nxt cple days all looks dry but very cold...when the next chance of some snow in our region?aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Got up in the night after over indulging on baileys and mince pies, I was so pleased to see heavy snow hurtling past the window and starting to stick on the grass. It was really magical with just the soft noise of the snow and wind. I went to back to bed with dreams of waking to a snowy scene this morning. When I went back to bed the temp was a steady 0.5c.

Got up this morning to 3c, rain and mud, but hey ho I'm still delighted that I actually saw some snow both falling and on the ground.

Is there any chance of some more or is that it for the time being?

Posted

thanks ... heading for Church Stretton first and the Ragleth Arms.

If going down the A49 The Bridge Inn at Dorrington is nice too, let us know how you get on, i went up there in 2005 i think, the Burway was bad!! (pictures please :D) We had pretty good snow last night, it was always the wet stuff, all but gone this morning, still some on the grass but sleety rain at times.

Posted

I see that my signiture has come to pass! (points below)

What a miserable day, I too thought that I'd be waking up to a bit of snow this morning, but all there is, is the most cold damp grey and depressing winter scene that you could ever ask for.

Reminds me of winter cross country at school in the eighties where it was always like this, only there was a nasty PE teacher who used to have a mousatche like hitler and with good reason.

Well at least we have the next (failed) snow event to look forward to.....Do I sound depressed?? :)

Posted

Got up in the night after over indulging on baileys and mince pies, I was so pleased to see heavy snow hurtling past the window and starting to stick on the grass. It was really magical with just the soft noise of the snow and wind. I went to back to bed with dreams of waking to a snowy scene this morning. When I went back to bed the temp was a steady 0.5c.

Got up this morning to 3c, rain and mud, but hey ho I'm still delighted that I actually saw some snow both falling and on the ground.

Is there any chance of some more or is that it for the time being?

I think that all for a while.

we we want now is this band of rain sleet to move rapid to the SE , this will allow much colder air to move over us.

Give me 5 days of cold dry weather with very cold nights, then let the cold to establish it's self over our region.

AGAIN I'll say let the cold establish it's self over us, and WHEN more fronts from the SW move over us Temps and DP's will be ready and waiting.

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

I see that my signiture has come to pass! (points below)

What a miserable day, I too thought that I'd be waking up to a bit of snow this morning, but all there is, is the most cold damp grey and depressing winter scene that you could ever ask for.

Reminds me of winter cross country at school in the eighties where it was always like this, only there was a nasty PE teacher who used to have a mousatche like hitler and with good reason.

Well at least we have the next (failed) snow event to look forward to.....Do I sound depressed?? :)

Hugs and passes the valium.

Posted

There was about 1cm of snow and EVERYTHING covered in snow when i went to bed at 2am, however when i woke up at 11am all of that was gone other than a few patches.

Dissapointing, and now were in the dry spot as usual..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

If it's any consolation to those who had no snow lying or falling, most of my snow has melted overnight, was simply too warm.

I think you'll find that was the Cannock sized hairdryer I switched on :smiliz46:

Posted

Yep. Noticed those too Phantom, although worth remembering, these are only warnings, so keep an eye on the forecast for any materialisation.

Has been raining again all day today. Noticed the BBC and METO have snow for Derby at the 15.00 point. Not looking too promising, but it can surely be said, that it is definately biting out there today. Cold and damp certainly makes it more unpleasant than cold and dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

LOL what the heck!!!

East Midlands: Derbyshire

Leicestershire

Nottinghamshire

Heavy Snow Wed 30 Dec

There is a moderate risk of severe weather continuing to affect parts of England and Wales on Wednesday.

Further periods of sleet and snow are likely at times during the day. Accumulations of 2-5cm are possible at low levels with a risk of 10-20cm over high ground.

Issued at: 0420 Wed 30 Dec

OOOOOK!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just been to the Welsh hills, had loads up there, a good 6-8 inches of fairly wet snow, great for making snowballs with. Very cold as well with snow still falling.

Mine has almost completely melted.

Andy, that was issued first thing this morning for the remnants of the front, I think it's safe to say that the warning is now obsolete!

Edited by nick2702