Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

mildmuck, stop raising your eyebrows at me mate! weather watching takes awhile to get a grips with! im only a learner here mate :wacko:

:lol: :lol:

Posted

look! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

a big green blob is heading for coventry......(hope it's not Grottbags, my god she scares me :wacko: )

Big chunks coming down now with grottbags....(you know him...big chunk from the goonies? )

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Rob had the snow too early and too far south for today except for Wales and East Midlands perhaps, based on last nights forecast.

snow1.jpg

Edited by xanadu

Posted

(hope it's not Grottbags, my god she scares me :wacko: )

My god, you fancy Grotbags. I believe she is panto somewhere. And imagine my shock that Emu lives on despite Rod Hull's hand up his backside. Talking of Rod Hull, I need to sort out an aerial in the loft.

Posted

look! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

a big green blob is heading for coventry......(hope it's not Grottbags, my god she scares me :wacko: )

Big chunks coming down now with grottbags....(you know him...big chunk from the goonies? )

Ive been watching it on the radar, its reached the Nuneaton area but has failed to deliver anything, grotbags ran out of snot methinks.

Posted

Around 8" recorded over the highest ground in parts of Wales and from what I've read so far, a couple of inches in some parts of the west Midlands. Seems my estimates weren't too far off. Only managed to get 1cm at the most for this part of Birmingham, quite lower than my 1-2" snowfall estimates earlier on today (which would have materialised had it not rained in the way it did before the snow fell).

Can't wait until I get the proper snowfall, with 4-6" snow depths! Most likely will have to wait until February or March for that.

Why Feb/March? Have you not checked the models lately? This is just the start of at least a week long cold spell with progressively colder NEly winds bringing snow showers well inland.

The 18z does bring milder southerlies later on in the low-res part of the run but I don't buy that personally. The mild weather is now FI material for a change and no more likely to materialise than cold weather showing in FI during a mild run of the mill winter!

Anyway-- enough ramping from me. Not a bad event tonight considering we were never in the favoured zone and at only 90m ASL it could have easily been a washout all night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Snow in Oadby no doubt about it. Any forecasts from you based on the radar andy?

Moderate to heavy snow due in the next 20 mins. Nice yellow blob on the radar heading straight for Leicester, don't think it will last too long but it should give some fat flakes :wallbash:

Posted

Ive been watching it on the radar, its reached the Nuneaton area but has failed to deliver anything, grotbags ran out of snot methinks.

Actually its now delivered a bit more snow, presently not much compared to rates achieved earlier, and I doubt it will last long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Gah, I'm trying so hard not to whinge or moan but if I don't have a nice covering of white in the morning, there's going to be some serious soddin' foot stamping from me. I want snow godammit!

Sorry folks - back to cheery stuff, got that out now! Good luck for serious snow for everyone else :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nice big flakes now and settling a pity it could be the finale though.

Posted

Moderate to heavy snow due in the next 20 mins. Nice yellow blob on the radar heading straight for Leicester, don't think it will last too long but it should give some fat flakes :wallbash:

Cheers andy., I'll look forward to it. I hear that the beeb tv forecast gives us snow tomorrow too, but i haven't seen it myself so I cannot verify it! my birthday tomorrow and it's going back a few years since it snowed on my birthday.

Posted

Gah, I'm trying so hard not to whinge or moan but if I don't have a nice covering of white in the morning, there's going to be some serious soddin' foot stamping from me. I want snow godammit!

Sorry folks - back to cheery stuff, got that out now! Good luck for serious snow for everyone else :good:

something really god damn spectacular is gonna have to happen to give us a snowcover to last even the night out.

If it's any consolation my half inch has now shrunk to 1/4" even though the snow is still falling. :wallbash:

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

ARGHHHHH! im bored!

nothing else is going to happen where i am tonght and if it does it will just be showers! no lying snow in the morning for me because it has stopped here and looks like it is starting to melt already!

i dont know whether to go to bed or not?whistling.gif

Posted

biggrin.gif

Wasn't offered a glass mate - only had buckets available - training in holding objects comes in next year's government handouts .

lol you,ll be back in there you know you will lhelp.gif Still lightly snowing here must have in excess of 2" now shok.gif It should be fun tomorrow as I drive for a living. Just hope the Coleshill area has,nt had too much snow tonight, anyone on here from there??????

Posted

The 18z does bring milder southerlies later on in the low-res part of the run but I don't buy that personally. The mild weather is now FI material for a change and no more likely to materialise than cold weather showing in FI during a mild run of the mill winter!

GFS said no, and there is an inch of snow outside. The low-res part of the runs is only good for pattern spotting as we all know. Looks like the current snow might clear through in the next half hour which is a dissapointment, but the temperature is just above freezing so its all good stuff. Usually the GFS precipitation charts are pretty accurate - much better than the MetO's half arsed attempts.

Posted

Thats the blob formally known as grotbags, that I was recently moaning at for going rubbish when it reached Nuneaton. Well since then it has produced some nice big flakes that are blowing around nicely, it arrived later than the radar suggested it should, and I dont expect it to last long, so dont expect too much from it other than some nice lamppost views.

Posted

Been pretty rubbish here, started as rain turned to sleet,snow,sleet then back to rain no covering here atm. Still waiting for my first covering of the winter, only mangaged a slight dusting during the pre xmas cold snap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Thats the blob formally known as grotbags, that I was recently moaning at for going rubbish when it reached Nuneaton. Well since then it has produced some nice big flakes that are blowing around nicely, it arrived later than the radar suggested it should, and I dont expect it to last long, so dont expect too much from it other than some nice lamppost views.

LOL grotbags :wallbash:

Posted

I'm coming to have a look tomorrow!

Very wet here on the low ground.

Yeah still snowing now, be careful on the A515 ( if your'e coming that way) they have a habit of only gritting to newhaven!!

Cheers,

Posted

Hi Steve, when you have a minute, would you pop your location into your avatar please?

It's just so the other members know where you are

Many thanks

Brian :wallbash:

Posted

Yeps, Grottbags is currantly sitting directly overhead and that's a sight for sore eyes I tell ya!!

She's also dumping her load right on top of us, and by the look of it, she's been on the ale as it's coming down in great blobs! :good:

grottbags.jpg

actually, she's looking quite fit??? :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Temperature rising quite quickly here now the snow has stopped. 0.3c now, it better not melt the snow!