Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Loving the forecast from Rob the legend! Could be seeing snow on and off all night today and tomorrow!

Snow showers from SW ?

Or Front Stalling ?

Didn't have chance to watch it tonight. :whistling:

Edited by mildmuck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

places have no snow are STOKE any more

Posted

Loving the forecast from Rob the legend! Could be seeing snow on and off all night today and tomorrow!

well..... looking at the radars im not sure im going to see much more snow tonight! stopped again here now dirol.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Drunk again are we? :whistling:

Stone cold sober tonight my friend :D

I had my 'once every 3 months drinking session' last night :lol: I'm usually mr healthy, tuna for breakfast, protein shakes etc... but last night I just went all out, 6 strongbows, jaffa cakes, pizza :D

Posted

Shame that real heavy precip the pink and white just fizzled and moved SE.

Yes we didn't quite tap into the pinks and whites this time but I'm just happy to see settling snow. I wonder what happened down in MK as it looked like a direct hit for them!

Posted

Snow showers from SW ?

Or Front Stalling ?

Didn't have chance to watch it tonight. biggrin.gif

woah!!!! are you saying we could have more snow tonite? Im down the road from u in redditch! drinks.gif

Posted

well..... looking at the radars im not sure im going to see much more snow tonight! stopped again here now dirol.gif

I wouldn't be so sure about that ..... :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Snow showers from SW ?

Or Front Stalling ?

Didn't have chance to watch it tonight. :whistling:

Front stalling and moving south slightly, so anyone in a line east to west of the West Midlands county could get something, and about 15 miles north or south.

Posted

Snow coming down in heavier bursts once again. Lovely to watch.

Gone somewhat lighter here for the time being - concerned its starting to clear the MK/Leighton Buzzard area... wasn't expecting this after a day of light rain nonetheless. Even if it does clear some patchy light rain/snow looks to follow overnight. Down to 0.2C here now... not expecting clearing skies! Good old covering, shame only the hardiest patches of snow remain from pre-Christmas.

Posted

Stone cold sober tonight my friend :lol:

I had my 'once every 3 months drinking session' last night :whistling: I'm usually mr healthy, tuna for breakfast, protein shakes etc... but last night I just went all out, 6 strongbows, jaffa cakes, pizza :D

Snow in Oadby no doubt about it. Any forecasts from you based on the radar andy?

Posted

Really heavy now here in New Invention.

good.gif

The last time I saw this much white stuff it was on the top of warm Norton Vic pint.

That would be the mould on the glasses mate there is no way you can claim that the beer in there has any sort of head on itwhistling.gif

Posted

The BBC forecast had a line of snow extending from N Wales through Shrops/Staffs/Leics/Northants tomorrow which looked quite interesting. Also some separate stuff towards Notts/Derby.

Posted

Really coming down now.

I expect a Met O warning of "BE PREPARED" for 1cm of lying snow. :wacko:

Posted

How the hell can it be 1.5 and still be throwing it down with rain? Tonight you can clearly see the effects of global warming. 

What has that got to do with global warming? surely it's just down to the dew points in your particular area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

How the hell can it be 1.5 and still be throwing it down with rain? Tonight you can clearly see the effects of global warming.

I bet if it were the same conditions 50 years ago you would still get rain, nowt to do with global warming, you can get rain down to freezing and beyond you know.

Edited by James M

Posted

I wouldn't be so sure about that ..... rolleyes.gif

mildmuck, stop raising your eyebrows at me mate! weather watching takes awhile to get a grips with! im only a learner here mate laugh.gif

Posted

Really coming down now.

I expect a Met O warning of "BE PREPARED" for 1cm of lying snow. :lol:

OMG!!! 1cm??? has an extreme snowfall like that ever been recorded in Britain?!! :wacko: :lol:

Dewpoints yes but I was looking forward to a nice day of snow tomorrow, our local radio forecast have got it wrong twice in the space of 3 weeks. The last time they forecast heavy snow for christmas eve and all we got was a slight covering then clear skys. The frost and ice was the main problem then it quickly melted.

Posted

Around 8" recorded over the highest ground in parts of Wales and from what I've read so far, a couple of inches in some parts of the west Midlands. Seems my estimates weren't too far off. Only managed to get 1cm at the most for this part of Birmingham, quite lower than my 1-2" snowfall estimates earlier on today (which would have materialised had it not rained in the way it did before the snow fell).

Can't wait until I get the proper snowfall, with 4-6" snow depths! Most likely will have to wait until February or March for that.

Funnyly enough...we did better in october last year 2"

That would be the mould on the glasses mate there is no way you can claim that the beer in there has any sort of head on itwhistling.gif

biggrin.gif

Wasn't offered a glass mate - only had buckets available - training in holding objects comes in next year's government handouts .

Posted

Around 8" recorded over the highest ground in parts of Wales and from what I've read so far, a couple of inches in some parts of the west Midlands. Seems my estimates weren't too far off. Only managed to get 1cm at the most for this part of Birmingham, quite lower than my 1-2" snowfall estimates earlier on today (which would have materialised had it not rained in the way it did before the snow fell).

Can't wait until I get the proper snowfall, with 4-6" snow depths! Most likely will have to wait until February or March for that.

I read that statistically march is the snowiest month in England. I never believed that statistic though

Posted

Very heavy snow falling here now, and i'm not one for exaggeration. About an inch on all surfaces and the digi thermometer is reading 0.1C! Hoping the band doesn't move much further northwards as this could be good stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

OMG!!! 1cm??? has an extreme snowfall like that ever been recorded in Britain?!! :wacko: :lol:

I think 1947 scraped 0.9cm, but 1cm is just insane...