Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

we have sleety rain I realise on closer inspection. Certainly looking onto the conservatory roof there is ice in it anyway.

Posted

Yeah, probably. But then again, even if the Midlands was in the firing line, BFTP probably wouldn't have mentioned it. :wallbash:

IMBYism maybe? lets face it. when it comes to snow here, three words come to mind; snow, midlands, hopeless :lol: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

so its back to looking into FI again for possible snow, felt mild today really, roll on tomorrow night for the cold air and sub zero nights, the low on 3-4 Jan looks to be trending north, but looked better on the 06Z, a one to keep an eye on?

because really its cold and dry from tomorrow for the forseeable future

my prediction for January 2010, snowless for Stafford, one of the coldest January's ever, infact memerorable legendary snow wise for the UK in general :wallbash:

Sorry Mark, but calling today "mild" is ridiculous. Mild perhaps for Sweden, but it was anything but mild out there today.

2c with a biting wind and rain making it feel sub zero is cold in my book!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Sorry Mark, but calling today "mild" is ridiculous. Mild perhaps for Sweden, but it was anything but mild out there today.

2c with a biting wind and rain making it feel sub zero is cold in my book!

If he calls 2c and rain mild then I can't imagine what he is like during a heatwave :lol:

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

There is gonna be a massive cold and bitter spell over the next week or so, i know this coz our central heating has just packed up, and we have no heat or hot water.

Luckly we have open fires back and front, so we should be ok until i get paid middle of next month (gulps) :lol:

Posted

There is gonna be a massive cold and bitter spell over the next week or so, i know this coz our central heating has just packed up, and we have no heat or hot water.

Luckly we have open fires back and front, so we should be ok until i get paid middle of next month (gulps) :lol:

That is terrible news , sorry to hear that mate :lol: I currently live with my Grandparents and our heating and hot water packed up at the start of October and we have been without it since then. Have to fill up kettles and saucepans to have a bath and we have 2 big plug in radiator heaters we use and there is a fire in the living room so that helps. All being well we are getting it fixed in mid January but it has been a nightmare the past 2 months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Have you got 'Home Emergency' cover on your household insurance - I know we called out someone out on ours when our boiler packed up earlier in the year. They fixed the problem and there was no charge (frozen condensate in the pipe going out to the drain). Might be worth a look, see whether you've got it and can get it fixed on your policy instead - there's not usually an excess on Home Emergency cover as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What temp you got as you are not too far away from me?

Not too sure. Its stopped at the moment though did see a few flakes before.

Posted

Have you got 'Home Emergency' cover on your household insurance - I know we called out someone out on ours when our boiler packed up earlier in the year. They fixed the problem and there was no charge (frozen condensate in the pipe going out to the drain). Might be worth a look, see whether you've got it and can get it fixed on your policy instead - there's not usually an excess on Home Emergency cover as well.

Cheers guys, we haven't got insurance, but should have some cover from the "warm front" thingy, it's my mum's house i just rent a room here.

We'll find out in the morning, I think the only problem will be hot water, but I'm old school and don't mind sponge baths and such every morning, I can go around the neighbours or my sisters for showers.

Also i leave my bedroom window open until the temps get below about -8'c , just pile on the blankets, It@s cosy and wakes you up in the morning.

I have got an open fire upstairs but I'll have to sweep it first (we even have our own set of chimney brushes lol).

I'll let you know anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Also if it`s just the pump thats died the`re only around £30 to replaceph34r.gif

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

How come SW'lys travel way up north past Manchester but NE/E'lys never get near Wales or Ireland.

We're cursed, I'm telling youdiablo.gif

laugh.gif

It's times like this make you think it's some kind of divine retribution against Shrewsbury for giving the world Charles Darwin :lol: :lol:

Suffice to say yet more sleety rain today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

What a thoroughly awful, miserable day...biting cold, wind driven horizontal rain.....I loathe winter, jeez, give me the summer any day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What a thoroughly awful, miserable day...biting cold, wind driven horizontal rain.....I loathe winter, jeez, give me the summer any day!

Well I do my paper round on a Thursday. It will be biting cold with wind driven drizzle. I would take that over 25c and scorching sun any day of the week! It's far easier to get warm than cool down.

Edited by nick2702

Posted

Quite a bit of optimism in the 'Model Discussion' thread, and that can only mean one thing; EA and the south east could see significant snowfall over the next week. I'm not too optimistic for snow chances for here. Unless the E/NE flow can be sustained with perhaps a few troughs within the flow, then it looks like staying dry with the chance of the odd snow shower, but very cold.

The EA/SE bias in the model discussion thread is ridiculous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Well I do my paper round on a Thursday. It will be biting cold with wind driven drizzle. I would take that over 25c and scorching sun any day of the week! It's far easier to get warm than cool down.

I'd definitely rather the 25oC!, hopefully no drizzle though tomorrow, I hoped dry, looks dry all day

Posted

At least in Summer though I have a tan and look ok, in Winter I just look plain pale and ill, probably the stress of snow non-events taking it's toll though :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The EA/SE bias in the model discussion thread is ridiculous.

thing is though by this time next week they will be under 6ft of snow :lol: and they'll have no internet

Posted

It's bloody freezing up here. cold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

How do you lot do it? ph34r.gif

Back in Notts then? drinks.gif How was the drive up??pardon.gif I guess pretty normal apart from the rain!wallbash.gif

Posted

Us Northerners are built ard my son aggressive.gif

However, some of us are more northern than others!! ph34r.gifyahoo.gif

Just realised I`ve been lurking on here for two years today! Happy b`day me!!drunk.gif

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6