Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Do we think the constant stream of snow from Boro can make it down here?

Well at least Derbys/Notts, Leicestershire is a very long shot! :lol:

Edited by Strider

Posted

Sorry. I'm not trying to be an I have a problem here, but in the current set up, the s/e is in a favourable position. Also, with the population bias, in combination with the former sentence, of course the model discussion is going to be quite heavily focused on the outcome of the s/e.

However, I post in there when I can, as do others, who do not live in the s/e. However, I would also of course say more about the s/e, as there is where there is more 'action'. There are also plenty of people in there, who do live in the s/e, who comment on other areas as well.

Without being rude, whilst you find a higher s/e mode discussion annoying, i'm just not sure why? How about reading the charts? There is some very good information in the beginners threads on how to do that, or if in doubt, raise some questions on here.

Anyway...still some flakes in the wind, but nothing really constituting as a shower yet.

Posted

How much snow is on the Wrekin from that low the other day,looking from here there doesn`t look to be much.

There was about 1-2 inches according to my friend who went up yesterday but the majority of that seems to of melted now.

Still got a few floating flakes here, in fact it looks pretty overcast currently.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Its not fair its not fair its not fair! I want to be snowed under (prefbably so I dont have to work tommorrow) :lol: lol!! I think didcot has permenant sheilds.

Posted

Do we think the constant stream of snow from Boro can make it down here?

Well at least Derbys/Notts, Leicestershire is a very long shot! :lol:

Have been watching those Strider.

I'm really to sure, but at a guess, I would say not. However, slight changes in wind direction, and it could get further south towards us.

Posted

Who wants to join my new club? It's known as...

STSE club.

Sod The South East club rofl.gif

Just kidding, just kidding, just a bit of fun tongue.gif

Well can we start a new LE3 gets no snow club? - I'm just of the Groby Rd nr Glenfield Hospital and I think your snow shield theory is right!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well can we start a new LE3 gets no snow club? - I'm just of the Groby Rd nr Glenfield Hospital and I think your snow shield theory is right!!

LMAO yeh i'm starting that one up soon :lol:

Another Leicesterian snow lover!!! *dances around the room* haha awesome stuff!

The more Leicesterians the better, we are such a fine bunch aren't we :D Much better than those BRRUUUMMIEEE sorts.

KIDDING, IM KIDDING!!! *uses snow shield as shield from the bullets and knives coming in from the West Midlands*

Posted

Very light dusting here, should add to the frost in the sunlight tomorrow am!

Posted

the latest nmm looks bad for tomorrow night. leicestershire just doesnt want any snow this winter it seems, whilst the rest of the country will be referring bk to it 4 years to come, just to f**k us off even more.

Posted

There is a very light dusting of snow outside making everything white, even though there is absolutely nothing showing on the radar over us.

Posted

LMAO yeh i'm starting that one up soon :D

Another Leicesterian snow lover!!! *dances around the room* haha awesome stuff!

The more Leicesterians the better, we are such a fine bunch aren't we :D Much better than those BRRUUUMMIEEE sorts.

KIDDING, IM KIDDING!!! *uses snow shield as shield from the bullets and knives coming in from the West Midlands*

Awww you simple leicestershire folk, when will you ever learn that you never get snow for a reason...........the weather gods and humankind hate you

:lol: :D

Posted

the latest nmm looks bad for tomorrow night. leicestershire just doesnt want any snow this winter it seems, whilst the rest of the country will be referring bk to it 4 years to come, just to f**k us off even more.

You are having me on?? UKMO and GFS looks good for us tomorrow.

Posted

Sorry. I'm not trying to be an I have a problem here, but in the current set up, the s/e is in a favourable position. Also, with the population bias, in combination with the former sentence, of course the model discussion is going to be quite heavily focused on the outcome of the s/e.

However, I post in there when I can, as do others, who do not live in the s/e. However, I would also of course say more about the s/e, as there is where there is more 'action'. There are also plenty of people in there, who do live in the s/e, who comment on other areas as well.

Without being rude, whilst you find a higher s/e mode discussion annoying, i'm just not sure why? How about reading the charts? There is some very good information in the beginners threads on how to do that, or if in doubt, raise some questions on here.

Anyway...still some flakes in the wind, but nothing really constituting as a shower yet.

im just jealous rolleyes.gif

i grew up in the s/e! tunbridge wells! my parents still live there along with other relatives scattered round kent! i love it down there! dad sent me loads of photos of the snow they had down there before xmas and i was wallbash.gifblink.gifaggressive.gifblush.gif

Posted

You better be kidding. :lol:

:D

I saw 2 blokes from Birmingham speaking to each other in the street the other day, one went...

"Y'alraight Dave?" and his friend said "Yeh i'm alraight are you alraight?" "Yeh i'm alraight are you alraight Dave?" "Yeh i'm alraight" Walking past a shop one of them saw something they liked in the window and he turned to his friend and went "I loike it, do you loike it" "I do loike it, do you loike it? "I loike it i loike it"

:D:D:D

Posted

You are having me on?? UKMO and GFS looks good for us tomorrow.

I would certainly keep an eye on it. the NMM and the GFS Op run showed some potential for (I think by memory) yesterday about 24 hours beforehand, yet, the GEFS Ensembles did not support it. In fact, I think the NMM eventually backed down, but the GFS Op continued the potential.

Eventually, the GFS Op (and the initial NMM - roughly a similar time frame to the potential tomorrow night) were wrong.

The potential for tomorrow night (for Derbys.) has some support this time, but whilst having a look at the ensembles for Leics., the op run seems to go for a slightly later ppn.

My advice, be it right or wrong, is keep an eye on ensembles agreement, rather than the specifics on the Op run.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

There is one downside about all this though. My driving test is on Jan 12th, and after failing in October and having cancellations and unexplained movement by the DSA I would actually like to take it this time! :whistling:

Posted
mellow.gifIs there any possibility of snow in the LE3 area or are we just doomed to never have any?

Posted

What is the best snow for snowballs???

How much steam would the snow lose comming across to me??

I know it's early but what dpeth are we talking say East, East Mids, West Mids, Wales???

By the way I had 6 inches or so in February

6 inches????? Here in northeast Shrewsbury the most we managed last Feb was 2 inches overnight 2nd/3rd; that mostly disappeared on the 4th before another inch or so early on the 5th. There wasn't 6 inches anywhere within 8-10 miles of Shrewsbury; I think even Telford only managed 4 at most.

The last time there was definitely 6 inches in Shrewsbury was December 1995; March 2006 came close (5" with drifts), Feb 2007 managed 3-4".

Posted

mellow.gifIs there any possibility of snow in the LE3 area or are we just doomed to never have any?

With it looking cold for all of next week, if we do get anything it should be snow, but so many times

we have missed out, my mum had snow in welford and we got hardly anything just before xmas.