Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Those showers to the north of me are moving south ! come to papa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

We are cut off again on this estate. Nobody can get up the bank, and someone has crashed at the bottom, again! A couple of weeks back a car was in the bushes, last week a car was stuck against a bungalow and now a car into a tree!

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

A few shots of the Cb's out at sea taken between 3:00 - 4:00pm.

post-5386-12622820849413_thumb.jpg

post-5386-12622820685313_thumb.jpgLooking west.

post-5386-12622820529913_thumb.jpgLooking west.

post-5386-12622820391513_thumb.jpg

post-5386-12622821039513_thumb.jpg

post-5386-12622821348213_thumb.jpg

Wall cloud visible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

That hail shower has brought loads of muck down the chimney, I was out when it occurred. Looking at the radar some showers must arrive soon, and it's -0.3ºC so if it snows it will lay quite easily. Oh and the car has started to ice up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A long line of showers skirting just to my north, damn it!

These lines of showers are heading slowly south with time, so you'll probably catch a short sharp shower shortly- most likely hail, judging by what the band brought further north.

Another band approaching Cleadon now, but it's up to 2.7C here so could be anything of a wintry nature really. Pretty exciting stuff nonetheless! I expect temperatures to fall here overnight as winds slacken and switch to more of a northerly, so marginality this early in the night isn't much cause for concern.

Posted

This is so frustrating! aggressive.gifwallbash.gif the snow showers to my north are taking an age to get here i know its not really permitted but can some post the latest 5minuite radar because im so anxious! lol whistling.gif

Posted

This is so frustrating! aggressive.gifwallbash.gif the snow showers to my north are taking an age to get here i know its not really permitted but can some post the latest 5minuite radar because im so anxious! lol whistling.gif

get coughed up the same as the rest of us lol.

Posted

We are cut off again on this estate. Nobody can get up the bank, and someone has crashed at the bottom, again! A couple of weeks back a car was in the bushes, last week a car was stuck against a bungalow and now a car into a tree!

I am sure everyone on this thread wishes you a happy new year Mark and that you can get out to do what was intended.

Posted

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SNOWING ONLY GRAUPLE BUT DUSTING WE HAVE! yahoo.gifdrunk.gif propper snow now! drinks.gif

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

I have to say, i'm still surprised by the lack of shower activity and i am surprised that the showers have organised themselves into bands mostly and not normal random splodges.

Admittedly, there are more showers around now but they are hit and miss and it would seem Aberdeenshire has so far had very little way of showery activity today and i thought that would be hardest hit.

Oh well, still time to go i suppose, i'll just settle for a reasonable covering if that is going to be possible.

Posted

There you go,hope the postcode is near enough.

The radar only costs about £4 a month,now would be a good time to start.:)

Posted

These lines of showers are heading slowly south with time, so you'll probably catch a short sharp shower shortly- most likely hail, judging by what the band brought further north.

Another band approaching Cleadon now, but it's up to 2.7C here so could be anything of a wintry nature really. Pretty exciting stuff nonetheless! I expect temperatures to fall here overnight as winds slacken and switch to more of a northerly, so marginality this early in the night isn't much cause for concern.

Temp still hovering around 2.5°C-3.1°C Dp's are still in the minus so that'll be a help. Ive just been round to the shop (more booze even though ive not had a drop to drink yet.!!) and the flags are an absolute nightmare, icing over and the hail/graupel shower we had a couple of hours back is well settled and crunchy underfoot, next shower should be here in about 10 mins time pretty sure it'll be hail/graupel and snow.!

Posted

I'm under them at the moment Paul. Thundersnow too. A flash of lightning about 5 mins ago and a new covering of maybe 0.5cm of graupel/snow. I'll have to make sure I balance myself properly when I go out - 4 cans of 1664 in each hand should do the trick. :-)

Yeah we must have caught the edge of them, just looked outside and there's about 0.5cm fresh snow all over the shop.

Posted

Next year i probably will invest in it :)

Posted

Still got nothing in Middlesbrough even though the radar shows it over TS3 the netweather.tv radar????

Eh i have propper snow falling here and im what a mile or two south of you ohmy.gif anyways good dusting now smile.gif

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

Weird, actually just looked and its snowing, pavements is white. :p

Doesn't look good for further showers though, bit disappointed!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I am sure everyone on this thread wishes you a happy new year Mark and that you can get out to do what was intended.

A bit early but Happy New Year to you and everyone else in here.

I'm in all night, next time I need out is Monday morning back to work!

For those who can see the moon the shadow is visible now, should be at it's best at 19:22.

Posted

What shadow?

thought it was just going to be another full moon? Nothing spectacular?

On the radar ts3 looked like it was going to get at least 30min of snow as it was in direct line for the whole shower to come over, but just before it came over, it died just before it got to my post code. I only got the back end, got a nice thin coating though. I'm sceptical about any more showers though, not looking that good tbh.