Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Right on cue... the snow is falling moderately and giving a further covering now its graupel/snow mixture, looking very pretty indeed..!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Snow still falling here....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

A heavy blowing snow shower has just arrived, settling on all surfaces reinforcing the dusting which already existed. I think there'll be a pasting by the morning :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

What shadow?

thought it was just going to be another full moon? Nothing spectacular?

On the radar ts3 looked like it was going to get at least 30min of snow as it was in direct line for the whole shower to come over, but just before it came over, it died just before it got to my post code. I only got the back end, got a nice thin coating though. I'm sceptical about any more showers though, not looking that good tbh.

It's a partial eclipse. It's not that spectacular.

Got a nice clear view of it here, but there's another couple of showers coming to block it. I'd much rather have the snow showers though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Temps rose to 2.8C (after having fallen to 2.1) as a gusty wind got up but fell abruptly as the hail shower got underway, which has whitened all surfaces.

NL's snow appears to have largely passed just to the north of here but there are plenty more showers following behind, looking at the 5min radar.

Posted

Light snow shower, lasted for a couple of mins then stopped again, hopefully we can get a heavier one soon enough!

Not sure we will get a pasting, these showers are quite unpredictable it must be said.

Moon is showing rather hazy and it looks like a quarter eclipse to me, if that. And another snow shower is here, bit heavier than the last one.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

Light snow shower, lasted for a couple of mins then stopped again, hopefully we can get a heavier one soon enough!

Not sure we will get a pasting, these showers are quite unpredictable it must be said.

Perhaps, but this heavy snow shower is still falling here, and the wind suddenly increased with it's arrival so it was snowing sideways, but that burst of strong winds only lasted for about 5-10 minutes. 1cm where the snow melted earlier.

EDIT: Shower just about finished, and despite it being dark you can see it clearing away (milky colour compared with the dark sky otherwise) with a large anvil and sheets of snow / precipitation :)

Edited by alza

Posted

Next shower coming in now, looks heavy on the Rain Today radar. Hopefully the showers will be more frequent from now onwards as there was only a 20 minute gap since the previous one :drinks:

Posted

a long band of heavy snow just going to miss Middlesbrough, Hartlepool might get it though.

It's looking a direct hit for Newton Aycliffe! The radar is not 100% accurate as it may show the precipitation displaced a couple of miles from where it actually is, so keep checking your window.

Posted

Large cloud almost here now, but even bigger clouds appear to be moving to my north. I still expect a heavy snow shower but it might only last 10-15 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Enjoy your Snow Guys and Girls

To one and all have a very Happy and safe 2010

C.S

Posted

Its been an hour now since the last snow shower when are more coming please i only have an icy sugar dusting atm :)

Posted

This is agony with my icy sugar dustingwatching the radar there are north south and west but missing me wallbash.gif lmao! anyways hopefully thta changes soon drinks.gif

Posted

Comeon these showers are getting tantalising close now!

Posted

This is agony with my icy sugar dustingwatching the radar there are north south and west but missing me wallbash.gif lmao! anyways hopefully thta changes soon drinks.gif

it annoying isn't it!!!

Posted

Nice 'streamer' strolling through Tyne and Wear presently. The NW radar is showing more to come, perhaps we might get a foot of the white stuff come the end of the weekend then more to top it up for the fore-see-able...( i'm sure thats not the right grammer but what the 'ell its new year..)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It's catching Cleadon as well- mainly graupel rather than snow, settling readily on all surfaces, and the wind off the sea has eased resulting in a temperature of just 1.0C.

We really do look like being in the firing line over the next few days!

Posted

TWS do you think that streamer eventually affect me coz its doing my nut in atm wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Have had a couple of flashes of lightning in the snow / hail showers over Peterlee this evening, the last flash was seen around an hour ago after a rather heavy hail shower; now had a dusting of snow, rather large snowflakes at times.