Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 21

Posted

I really dont care about next Saturday etc. That can change so much. Get a bloody grip angel delight.

Posted

Typical I missed it!. Did they happen to include essex in the effected regions as i hear lots of posts about kent and Northeast anglia but nothing much about essex over the next few days.

BBC news is on at 10:50pm, the weather forecast around 11:05pm. Phil Avery quoted that "Eastern areas could see up to 20cm on Tuesday" He didnt mention specific regions though

Drifting possibly also?

With winds like that then probably, but 7 days is an age for models and forecasting!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

There is a chance of some snow showers tomorrow for the south east region but amounts will be small. The main snow chances for this region come from after midweek - from Thurs onwards, assuming the models stay consistent. Until then areas further north east will see most of the snow, although other regions of the UK also look promising as well.

We are going to have to be patient.

But towards the end of the week there could be significant snow down here.

Posted

Not looking so good here :whistling:

Temps were down around freezing now on a slow steady rise, around +2.8 currently as clouds build. Any precip' coming down will prob be sleet or rain, or at the least snow melting on contact!

C'mon, I wanna BIG FREEZE, snow and weather armegeddon!!:) lol (or a teleport lifestyle system to Aviemore!!)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I really dont care about next Saturday etc. That can change so much. Get a bloody grip angel delight.

Or was that next sunday... or monday... maybe tuesday :whistling:

Posted

cold.gif

london can expect snow showers on sunday he said a thames streamer so he must be one of uscold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

A Thames Streamer ?

:whistling:

Posted

I couldnt resist posting the chart! But yes 7 days is a very long time for forecasts and models, and Im sure that will change, I was just a little excited!

Posted

Lol the snow for the se has now moved to next friday and saturday. Still no closer then i was a week ago.

No, there is still the snow risk for Mid week, I may of misled people. Winds will start off as a NE midweek and this may produce up to 20cm of snow in some areas (Phil Avery), expect snow showers thereafter, then the models show a Easterly after. Sorry if I misled anyone

Posted

Lol the snow for the se has now moved to next friday and saturday. Still no closer then i was a week ago.

Oh no. Not in 5-6 days time, again :whistling:

Typical I missed it!. Did they happen to include essex in the effected regions as i hear lots of posts about kent and Northeast anglia but nothing much about essex over the next few days.

Areas north of the river look to have the best chances for snow for the coming few days. Essex might well be on the boundary of that - the further north the better I would guess.

Kent and East Sussex also look to see quite a lot of snow too towards the end of the week, assuming that the models are consistent on output beyond midweek

Posted

we have a great chance for some significant snow from tuesday eve to thurs morning, which is not into FI latest GFS upgraded our ppc.

post-10842-12624714172513_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

bbc forecasts saying it will be 5C on wednesday , not exactly cold :whistling:

Posted

Areas north of the river look to have the best chances for snow for the coming few days. Essex might well be on the boundary of that - the further north the better I would guess.

Kent and East Sussex also look to see quite a lot of snow too towards the end of the week, assuming that the models are consistent on output beyond midweek

typical sounds like we will be on the boundary for both those snow events!

Posted

No, there is still the snow risk for Mid week, I may of misled people. Winds will start off as a NE midweek and this may produce up to 20cm of snow in some areas (Phil Avery), expect snow showers thereafter, then the models show a Easterly after. Sorry if I misled anyone

Yes, but up to next friday the low is centred over us therefore no convection will occur midweek until the low moves south. Then i believe it looks rather like feb 2nd again. But troughs and fronts will give us a cm here and there until friday and then the fun really begins. Of course if it doesn't move further away again.good.gif

Posted

Yes, but up to next friday the low is centred over us therefore no convection will occur midweek until the low moves south. Then i believe it looks rather like feb 2nd again. But troughs and fronts will give us a cm here and there until friday and then the fun really begins. Of course if it doesn't move further away again.good.gif

As far as im aware the main event has always been next weekend. The snow during the week is just a bonus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Evening all lots going on on here tonight. temps here 1.7cdewpoints -2c :yahoo:

Once again we look to be close to a centre of a low pressure and will see the colder air to our north and west. A bit like pre xmas. It is only later in the week that the low moves southwards and we may see the colder air and some snow move south into the south east corner.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Just checked the 5 day forecast for Reigate on the BBC website and it is suggesting sleet (yeah right!) for Tuesday and light snow showers on Wednesday and Thursday... I have to say this is good news as I have never seen them forecast snow for 4 or 5 days out!

Posted

Look everyone, stop fretting, we shall all be snowed in our houses by next weekend and if we are not I shall eat my hat! :(:yahoo::(

Terms and conditions apply.

Edited by saint

Posted

There's no doubting that the charts at the moment are pretty amazing but I can't get excited (yet) over a potential easterly in six days time. This is a long, long way off and much could and will change. As we've seen over the last few days a slight change can make a big difference regards precipitation amounts and type. Also, I haven't found the GFS precipitation charts for my area particularly accurate over the last few days. I think it's best to stick to the Met Office for more accurate and up to date forecasts though these often change at short notice as they become more confident.

Posted

Evening all lots going on on here tonight. temps here 1.7cdewpoints -2c :lol:

What's going on then?

Lot's of nothing here at the moment. :clap:

Posted

Once again we look to be close to a centre of a low pressure and will see the colder air to our north and west. A bit like pre xmas. It is only later in the week that the low moves southwards and we may see the colder air and some snow move south into the south east corner.

Yes noticing this too - could be quite a frustrating wait in the SE corner and always subject to less cold conditions due to nearness to the centre of the low pressure.

Edited by Steve Edgefield

Yes noticing this too - could be quite a frustrating wait in the SE corner and always subject to less cold conditions due to nearness to the centre of the low pressure.

Yes, unfortunately areas south and east of London look like we could be in the midst of less cold short waves and/or away from the convective tracks of the snow further north. Too close to the upper trough mess on the near continent.

Your own area looks well primed for snow thoughsmile.gif