Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion - Part 15

Ross B

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Wet snow in Coventry

2c

Posted

I suppose, but it is dark now and I probably don't get affected to much by the town's heat where I am.

Hunsbury?

I'm only a 10 min walk to the Northamptonshire countryside.

Posted
Hunsbury?

I'm only a 10 min walk to the Northamptonshire countryside

Indeed I am in West Hunsbury. I must admit though the temp gauge I use is only a £50 jobby, nothing to flash or expensive. Temp now -0.3c

Posted

Indeed I am in West Hunsbury. I must admit though the temp gauge I use is only a £50 jobby, nothing to flash or expensive. Temp now -0.3c

I am even closer to you in Blisworth and I am recording 3.2 so one of us is out surely. :rolleyes:

Posted

Temp has risen... that would be the cloud cover coming in.

post-9498-12624544995313_thumb.png

Posted

hi all just been looking at the radar and it looks like it is just rain that is heading down any thoughts if this will be correct ? than

Edited by snowless

Posted

hi all just been looking at the radar and it looks like it is just rain that is heading down any thoughts if this will be correct ? thanks

I think it will almost certainly be snow later, question is will it get here without breaking up and if so how heavy will it be. At the minute it looks like being a good 3-4 hours away. At 9pm we should have a better idea.

Posted

I am even closer to you in Blisworth and I am recording 3.2 so one of us is out surely. cc_confused.gif

Getting really confused now laugh.gif

2.4c at 16:43

0.1c

and now

3.2c

laugh.gif

Posted

I think it will almost certainly be snow later, question is will it get here without breaking up and if so how heavy will it be. At the minute it looks like being a good 3-4 hours away. At 9pm we should have a better idea.

thank you for your reply

Posted
Getting really confused now

2.4c at 16:43

0.1c

and now

3.2c

Hmmm! I guess from those readings that my gauge has gone to pot. :rolleyes:

Posted

post-9314-12624548732513_thumb.jpg

Took this earlier on the Leek to Buxton rd,snow drifts over the roof of the car!!!!! sorry bout quality on me mobile...unsure.gif

Posted

Plenty of showers to come later.

See how the showers come from the NE then turn back heading SE over the Midlands.

radar2.jpg

Posted

Hmmm! I guess from those readings that my gauge has gone to pot. wallbash.gif

It's gone from being cold in North Northampton to very cold south of A45 then sub-tropical 2 miles south of you.laugh.gif

Posted

Plenty of showers to come later.

See how the showers come from the NE then turn back heading SE over the Midlands.

radar2.jpg

i have to say that im trying not to get too excited here. im still concerned that even later on it could fall as sleet/rain tho because my temp is still at 2 and d/p at 1wacko.gif

Posted
It's gone from being cold in North Northampton to very cold south of A45 then sub-tropical 2 miles south of you.

So what weather stations/temp gauges do you guys recommend for home use? As it seems mine could do with replacing.

Posted

post-9314-12624548732513_thumb.jpg

Took this earlier on the Leek to Buxton rd,snow drifts over the roof of the car!!!!! sorry bout quality on me mobile...unsure.gif

I know they had some snow up there but that is a dump and a half :drinks:

Posted

We must have at least an inch of lying snow where I live, but down in town it is very, very slushy and wet. Hopefully there will be more later from the trough coming down from the north, before it all freezes making a slippy morning. Its all fun...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

sleet and wet snow today, very heavy snow for a time, didnt stick but left things slippy, temp now 0.3C, looks marginal tonight, then cold and dry

Posted

i have to say that im trying not to get too excited here. im still concerned that even later on it could fall as sleet/rain tho because my temp is still at 2 and d/p at 1wacko.gif

I reckon from around 9pm we should see more snow reports than rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I reckon from around 9pm we should see more snow reports than rain.

Hi xanadu - you're near me. We have rain right now and temps are too high for snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

So what weather stations/temp gauges do you guys recommend for home use? As it seems mine could do with replacing.

This one's mine http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acatalog/info_ES_WS2350.html (loads of la Crosse ones on ebay much cheaper though) and it's not too bad. Only trouble is that I can't hook it up to the computer as I keep losing the signal to the outside station when I move it to the PC. I know Vantage do some brilliant weather stations but I suppose it depends on your surroundings and your budget. If you're in a very urban/built up area, the anenometer is very often useless and probably the same could be said for the rain collector unless it's right in the middle of the garden with no surrounding trees, etc.

Edited by dvdfjojo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

This one's mine http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acatalog/info_ES_WS2350.html and it's not too bad. Only trouble is that I can't hook it up to the computer as I keep losing the signal to the outside station when I move it to the PC. I know Vantage do some brilliant weather stations but I suppose it depends on your surroundings and your budget. If you're in a very urban/built up area, the anenometer is very often useless and probably the same could be said for the rain collector unless it's right in the middle of the garden with no surrounding trees, etc.

I used to live down the road from you in Baddesley Ensor!

Posted

We've had nothing but rain and sleet this afternoon; yesterday's light cover of snow had all gone by 2pm, even in the shade. Must have been at least 5C this afternoon (couldn't even see my breath outside at one point)- what the hell is going on?? The forecast was for a max of 2 and snow showers.