Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion - Part 15

Ross B

Posted

Just plain moderate bursts of rain here too.

I think i'm done with this cold spell. Actually, if i'm being honest, after the last few months, i think i'm just fed up with rain!

Posted

Gord, today is just about the mildest day for the next 2 weeks more then likely, the cold air isn't really that well established yet and importantly we've got some higher profiles over the top of us at the moment.

The problem is the first trough was stronger then expected thanks to the streamer partly, therefore upper profiles are even more marginal then expected, then you also have to remember the flow from those showers are coming from the Irish sea which is probably also modifying the surface conditions somewhat.

Today really is just the tip of the iceberg...something which may be forming soon in some northern places haha!

The second trough coming down is the one thats bringing in the colder air.

Remember troughs bring in a slightly different airmass...sadly the first trough was bringing in slightly milder air, the 2nd trough is the one dragging in lower profiles yet again..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just plain rain thats already passed. Bit pathetic. However it should all get fun from now on i hope.

Posted

Gord, today is just about the mildest day for the next 2 weeks more then likely, the cold air isn't really that well established yet and importantly we've got some higher profiles over the top of us at the moment.

The problem is the first trough was stronger then expected thanks to the streamer partly, therefore upper profiles are even more marginal then expected, then you also have to remember the flow from those showers are coming from the Irish sea which is probably also modifying the surface conditions somewhat.

Today really is just the tip of the iceberg...something which may be forming soon in some northern places haha!

Remember troughs bring in a slightly different airmass...sadly the first trough was bringing in slightly milder air, the 2nd trough is the one dragging in lower profiles yet again..

Just our luck.. another bunch of showers heading into northants laugh.gif

post-9498-12624517821213_thumb.png

Posted

Oh yeah, i know that. I'm just having a moan because yet again i've gone out somewhere and got wet. I feel like that since the end of October, rain just waits for me to decide to have a day out somewhere!

Maybe i'll give the cold spell one last chance! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Just as the rain comes to an end, my temp goes down to 0.8 with a dewpoint of -0.5, cold enough for snow :wallbash: It's just going to be a skating rink by the morning now as this will all freeze. What a let-down yet again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

For my area tonight...

Sleet and snow showers Saturday evening could give accumulations of 1 to 3 cm in places before clearing southwards overnight. Widespread ice is likely to form on untreated surfaces.

Probably nothing will happen then. whistling.gif

Well you have 'your area' as 3/6 counties so must help ?

Posted

nothing here in wednesbury apart from a bit of drizzle earlier.

hoping we get something later but i very much doubt that its cold enough just yet.

Posted

Just as the rain comes to an end, my temp goes down to 0.8 with a dewpoint of -0.5, cold enough for snow wallbash.gif It's just going to be a skating rink by the morning now as this will all freeze. What a let-down yet again.

Thats a good sign!!!

Posted

Stats at Chilwell which is about a mile from me: Temperature1.6 °CDew Point 0.9 °CWindchill-0.9 °CHumidity95%Trend-0.3 °C/hrHeat Index1.6 °C

Just went out with the dog and its drizzling a bit :wallbash:

Posted

Well you have 'your area' as 3/6 counties so must help ?

Increases the odds. :wallbash:

Meto and NW show snow risk from around 9pm tonight.

Posted

These troughs have been surprising today, they weren't forecast but the one from the NE was. However, that looks alot lighter and more fragmented as it comes South, so why did they pick that one up?

Still light rain here

Posted

Fine and dry here (NN4)at the moment, apart from the earlier brief light rain. Temp currently 0.1c

Posted

rain/sleet/hail/wet snow turned to snow a short while ago,now light sleety snow 0.7c wind more NW.

Max temp today was 2.4c

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Fine and dry here (NN4)at the moment, apart from the earlier brief light rain. Temp currently 0.1c

Thats a big drop from 2.4c at 16:43shok.gif

Posted

Its definately a bit sleety here now, precip band almost moved on though. Hoping the band further north produces something, still waiting for some snow which isnt equal to a harsh frost. The charts look full of potential, but after 2weeeks of charts full of potential cant guarentee anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

stoke had the snow this time get in and more to comecold.gifcold.gifbiggrin.gif

Posted

Its only just starting Strider...nowt to be concerned about.

I'm talking about this weekend ... there may be a couple of light flurries if we're lucky, but that's it until next week.

Posted
Thats a big drop from 2.4c at 16:43

I suppose, but it is dark now and I probably don't get affected to much by the town's heat where I am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The moderate rain falling just starting to sleetify. :)