Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Cold Spell Discussion Part 13

Posted

But the busiest of those are surely Slochd and Drumochter, hence them being more well known? Otherwise, Bealach na ba would probably win out in a NWly snow event :lol:

Oh yeah they're the busiest.

I forgot about the legendary Bealach na ba! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

General movement as it comes down seems to be NNW to SSE ... Lothian\Embra would also miss it. Assuming that either of these precip areas actually gets here in any way intact anyway !

Thinking your best bet might be the one to your NW in the hope that some wind shear at the frontal boudary nudge some precip eastwards...

Failing that, just wait for the easterlies !

post-9298-12626284626413_thumb.pngpost-9298-12626286531913_thumb.pngI think the band to our north might just hit us, while the other one might just clip southwest Fife also! Knife-edge stuff.

LS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

General movement as it comes down seems to be NNW to SSE ... Lothian\Embra would also miss it. Assuming that either of these precip areas actually gets here in any way intact anyway !

Thinking your best bet might be the one to your NW in the hope that some wind shear at the frontal boudary nudge some precip eastwards...

Failing that, just wait for the easterlies !

Good idea, school's off here tomorrow anyway so I've got all day tomorrow to work on getting enough snow cover to keep us off for another day!

edit: Having said that, the band to the north appears to be expanding westwards a bit.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Just been reading that the daily Tesco freight train up to Inverness has derailed at Carrbridge, with the loco and several wagons plummeting down the embankment and the driver is missing - weather not helping the rescue effort...

Posted

Hi Pol :lol: Welcome to the thread!

------

Got my fingers crossed for snow... Although, I'm doubting it, I hope I wake up to more snow than the icy snow we've got at the moment:whistling:

Anyone seen (for all I know, my neighbour) Blitzen? Haven't seen her in here for a while :lol:

Edited by snowmess

Posted

Many parts of the Forth and Clyde canal are frozen over. Saw this first hand earlier today.

Stretch from Bonnybridge to Allendale and beyond been frozen since before Christmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Hi Pol smile.gif Welcome to the thread!

------

Got my fingers crossed for snow... Although, I'm doubting it, I hope I wake up to more snow than the icy snow we've got at the moment:whistling:

Anyone seen (for all I know, my neighbour) Blitzen? Haven't seen him in here for a while cc_confused.gif

She was on earlieryahoo.gif

Posted

Reporting Scotland had a decent report just now. I did laugh at the pitiful amount of grit at the Fife depot and did you see how clean and unused those gritters from East Renfrewshire council looked? LOL

Not good news Shuggee on the loco :whistling:

Posted

Time for a new thread?

Time for a new thread?

It will be if we keep spamming this thread :lol:

I reckon the snow band is not far away now, snow by 7.30pm at the latest here. It will be interesting to see BBC Scotland's 18.50ish forecast. They may well have the snow band through a tad on the early side, we shall see!!