Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I wonder, is South Woodham just on the edge again or are we going to get some heavy snow out of this streamer? light-moderate snow outside now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

Very Heavy Big Snowflakes now :drinks:

North Kent is going to get a lot of Snow out of this!

Paul S

I just know this lots going to miss me in DA11 Paul probably by about a mile, its the way its been so far this week. :drinks:

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

*sigh* - Looks like this streamer is going to be too far west for SE London. We never get anything from a straight NE'erly; too long a land track when the wind isn't heavy enough - hopefully we'll get some flakes once the strong winds start to kick in tomorrow afternoon.

I'm off to bed

TTFN

DS

Of course I meant to say East :drinks:

Edited by desperately seeking

Posted

*sigh* - Looks like this streamer is going to be too far west for SE London. We never get anything from a straight NE'erly; too long a land track when the wind isn't heavy enough - hopefully we'll get some flakes once the strong winds start to kick in tomorrow afternoon.

I'm off to bed

TTFN

DS

too far WEST ? which streamer are you looking at ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

seems to be heading more for the gillingham maidstone area. Another miss from Gravesend. Nevermindnonono.gifnonono.gif

That's my feeling too. :wallbash:

Posted

Very Heavy Big Snowflakes now :wallbash:

North Kent is going to get a lot of Snow out of this!

Paul S

Talikg good aim at me hope it does not bend anywhere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

I personally would love the winds to change to a ENE and start a Thames streamer, but that might make me very unpopular with those in Kent! :wallbash:

Not that it's going to happen, but it would be great to at least get a dusting to make it easier to get around here. There is sheet ice all over central London, and with absolutely no grit on the pavements in my borough Kensington and Chelsea, one of the richest councils in the UK!!!

Posted

too far WEST ? which streamer are you looking at ?

Indeed - have rectified that little error in navigation! :wallbash:

DS

Posted

seems to be heading more for the gillingham maidstone area. Another miss from Gravesend. Nevermindnonono.gifnonono.gif

We might have to start a snow dance class in Gravesend then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Off to bed now. Looking forward to seeing what daylight shows.

Cheers to all correspondents today. It's been fun.drinks.gif

Posted

Latest Radar @ 23z shows it Narrowing out at the Southern End but a definate Interaction with the NE In the Estuary pushing it more WSW Up the Estuary, it is wether it can hold it together, places further towards London on the N Kent Coast could be in line, further convection on the eastern side further North East in the Blackwater Estuary.

Paul S

Posted

I personally would love the winds to change to a ENE and start a Thames streamer, but that might make me very unpopular with those in Kent! :wallbash:

Not that it's going to happen, but it would be great to at least get a dusting to make it easier to get around here. There is sheet ice all over central London, and with absolutely no grit on the pavements in my borough Kensington and Chelsea, one of the richest councils in the UK!!!

I second that motion - the wind is far to low for anything to reach the capital at the mo...

DS

Posted

Button up- Snow wizard

Have u seen it out their?? excellent and that red dot is heading straight for us

certainley topping up yesterdays snow !! love ityahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Posted

Rain today and met office and meteox radars all show different things.. i don't know whether Gravesend DA12 is bang on or whether its on the western edge or the eastern edge? they are all different.wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Posted

ANYONE GOT A SHOVEL I CAN BORROW whistling.gif

Think your gonna need more than a shovel. No school again for me and kids tomorrow-drinks.gif