Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I must admit that given the uncertainties for my area for this low from the SW I would prefer it to remain cold but dry rather than "average" and wet. Nothing worse than cold rain..... and seeing others further inland get an absolute dumping again. I saw this many times during the fabled 70's and 80's. Yes, we got lucky one or two times and had snow (which more often than not proceeded to melt by mid morning) whilst watching TV and that program that used to be broadcast from Birmingham that had glass panels so that you could see outside.... and guess what they were having a dumping whilst we were swimming. Frustrating but I guess its what you get for living on the coast with fantastic beaches all around (great during the summer) but does not satisfy my hunger for what my brother had in Hampshire last Tuesday..... over 1 ft of snow and still stuck in his village. Jelousy in old age is a strange thing !!

WelshSnowFan (Swansea)

Posted

We have light snow here a sign of things to come ?

Same here tomorrow should be heavier than this and alot more prlonged.

WTF lol BBC forecast only showed snow over SE....how have most of Wales and England be forecast snow if they don't show it on the forecast?

Snowing here lightly.

Last BBC forecast I saw showed snow extending across to Wales during tomorrow 2-5cm generally, 10cm on hills.

Posted

do the charts take into account the AMOUNT of snow lying on the ground, and the effect that has on the temperatures over land, especially in the UK, where we very rarely have this situation?

if not, then maybe what they are saying at the moment is way off, and the block is going to be far harder to break down than they think?

Great summary.

Going to be ace model watching over the weekend.

Only one thing is certain: what will be, will be...

Cheers for that, my guess is the GFS is too progressive, the mild will win out eventually but not before heavy snow for many parts (especially inland and over hills).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I think you'll find with this set up over the next couple of days your username says it all!!!!!!!!!! + drifting

Hope so :o at the moment, i think monday could be a snow day! fingers crossed. Looking foward to this snow, met office have heavy snow here for tuesday, that would be nice!!

Posted

Last BBC forecast I saw showed snow extending across to Wales during tomorrow 2-5cm generally, 10cm on hills.

Graphics were poor on the 1056 bbc news forecast and she concentrated on SE england. but my update above is direct from ian in work the met office from briefing this morning.

Posted

Cheers for that, my guess is the GFS is too progressive, the mild will win out eventually but not before heavy snow for many parts (especially inland and over hills).

I know I like cold and hate mild but the fact you say the mild will win out eventually there is no certainty at that, yest its got to become less colder that's happens, but its quite possible we don't become Mild. Nobody seems to be looking into the possibility of the Cold air sitting here stubborn, We haven't really had anything to challenge it yet. Why does everyone in this country switch to mild default?

Graphics were poor on the 1056 bbc news forecast and she concentrated on SE england. but my update above is direct from ian in work the met office from briefing this morning.

Looking at the charts, the upper warm front does not look like reaching us, but there is a trough over Wales on Sunday noon, and an occlusion Sunday midnight.

From the briefings, are they downplaying snow amounts at 2-5cm generally, 10cm in places more likely.

I know I like cold and hate mild but the fact you say the mild will win out eventually there is no certainty at that, yest its got to become less colder that's happens, but its quite possible we don't become Mild. Nobody seems to be looking into the possibility of the Cold air sitting here stubborn, We haven't really had anything to challenge it yet. Why does everyone in this country switch to mild default?

Perhaps I should have said milder.

Posted

The Forecast Poetry Style,

Snow in the South east nothing in the West

Lets concentrate on London we don't care about the rest

We're funded by westminster, THe national Met

But never trust our forecasts if your placing a bet

Our GW agenda suits is to the core

We rabbing on day after day, the bore, bore , bore

Oh yes one coner of the map is more relevant than the rest

Yes you've got it the East and not the West

Sunday shall see widespread snow as long as its in the East

A dusting is significant well call it the Eastern Beast

The West will plough themselves out free

Whilst We consentrate on Essex, Kent and Surrey.

News 24 with its presenter across the country

Well within a 30 mile diameter of Essex, Kent and Surrey

Oh no it's an ice age 2cm in Buckingham

The tubes shut down and theres 50 miles traffic jams,

Let's concentrate on London because it's the South East

It's the worsly affected place from that Eastern Beast

We'll forget about the West and the shivering North

Our focuse lies solely on canary warf

By Moi.

Posted

adam shakespeare

:yahoo:

light snow falling here now, out of blue skies with high fast moving clouds.

Posted

adam shakespeare

:yahoo:

light snow falling here now, out of blue skies with high fast moving clouds.

Haha no no more of a Dylan thomas :) joke lol yes same here has been for the last hour.

Posted

By Moi.

WELL DONE ADAM - Gold star mate

snowing in Ponty now

Posted

Latest NOAA briefing is for Negative AO and they believe that this will push the jet further south than ALL the models are showing which increases likelyhood of heights rising to the North. Great for medium range outlook and shows that fi is probably in the 96 - 120 range as subtle changes will be huge in that timeframe.

Posted

Like I've said before the english truely believe that only sheep live in wales with a few shepherds oh and that's where they buy there holiday homes as well and price every welshman out of the market with the money they greedily rip off the rest of the country

Posted

Latest NOAA briefing is for Negative AO and they believe that this will push the jet further south than ALL the models are showing which increases likelyhood of heights rising to the North. Great for medium range outlook and shows that fi is probably in the 96 - 120 range as subtle changes will be huge in that timeframe.

Hi mate, are we likely to see any snow as the BBC are SE biased and don't want to show snow over wales and sw?

By Moi.

Seren Aur i Adam.

Posted

Hi mate, are we likely to see any snow as the BBC are SE biased and don't want to show snow over wales and sw?

You will see plenty Jay - over the following couple of days - if you really wanna see some snow now your welcome to help me get my car out of it with the help of the local farmer's tractor shortly today!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just been looking at some forecasts, and not all so good, net weather say snow sunday into moday, but sleet for the rest of monday. And others say sleet or rain from tuesday/wednesday :S starting to feel less confident and hopeful this will be a good snow event here now! Not actually quite sure what to make of it, would it be best not to get hopes up and just wait to see what happens like normal?

Just been looking at some forecasts, and not all so good, net weather say snow sunday into moday, but sleet for the rest of monday. And others say sleet or rain from tuesday/wednesday :S starting to feel less confident and hopeful this will be a good snow event here now! Not actually quite sure what to make of it, would it be best not to get hopes up and just wait to see what happens like normal?

Net weather forecast based on GFS, the worst option for us and quite possibly the least likely.

Posted

You will see plenty Jay - over the following couple of days - if you really wanna see some snow now your welcome to help me get my car out of it with the help of the local farmer's tractor shortly today!!!!!!!!!

No thanks haha - going to the Cardiff game today, haven't missed one yet - season ticket holder lol.

Posted

Net weather forecast based on GFS, the worst option for us and quite possibly the least likely.

Oh ok, so take that with a pinch of salt then?

Posted

I don't think there is conspiracy not to show Snow over Wales lol. That's a bit over the top. They're just showing whatever model and outcome the forecaster has decided to show. Ignore it and resort to this forum thread and nowcasting :)

Posted

Jay, you will see some snow this weekend and next week your gonna see some more, possibly disruptive snow tuesday evening into wednesday.

The futures white, the futures Snow .

Edited by pyrotech