Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

andy let me see if i can help you with it. cannot promise anything but we run volvo 4x4s but mine is in garage at moment. will speak to our engineers and see if i can sort something for you. would a flatbed truck which can revoer it be any easier? we have permanent ones on call already paid for, so as long as you make out your one of our employees that can work too!! let me know. where is your car exactly?

Well thanks very much for the offer - I did get in touch with the AA as I'm a member but unless the flatbed truck has major 4x4 abilities it's likely to get stuck as well as it's a narrow single track country lane! - Black Rd just outside of Pencoedcae village at the top of the Graig hill - it's so bad the police have stuck a sign saying road closed either end

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Heres the Metoffice update for Wales:

This Evening and Tonight:

Dry and clear at first but becoming cloudier overnight with occasional snow spreading across the country by dawn. Strengthening east or northeasterly winds will make it feel very cold and it will be an icy night with a severe frost. Minimum temperature -8 °C.

Sunday:

Cloudy with snow affecting most parts of the country at some point. Feeling bitterly cold in the biting northeasterly wind, which will also cause lying snow to drift. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Updated: 1543 on Sat 9 Jan 2010

As you can see they mention Snow for most parts.

12Z GFS precipitation charts:

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs243.gif

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs273.gif

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs303.gif

Slightly more precipitation around if you ask me. Chances are there for Frontal Snow Tuesday and Wednesday.

Latest NAE brings in the light snow across Wales- E-SE Wales could see quite a bit by Monday.

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/01/09/basis12/ukuk/prty/10011018_0912.gif

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/01/09/basis12/ukuk/prty/10011100_0912.gif

Posted

GFS - round two coming up - mild tries to get in again overnight wednesday - thursday - once again it could be a knockout for cold - YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ding ding - and that low looked even more menacing but just bounced of the high and was deflected into the continent - wow - GFS is on a roll this afternoon

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Well thanks very much for the offer - I did get in touch with the AA as I'm a member but unless the flatbed truck has major 4x4 abilities it's likely to get stuck as well as it's a narrow single track country lane! - Black Rd just outside of Pencoedcae village at the top of the Graig hill - it's so bad the police have stuck a sign saying road closed either end

let me make a few phone calls! i know exactly where your talking about!

Posted

IF Gfs is right (mmmm who knows) then snow and quite heavy snow at times right through till friday by the looks of things- anybody got a snowblower I can rent - getting a bit worried now - think i got enough food but the gfriends foot might have to go in a stew if we get desperate (lol!!!!!!!!!)

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well its gone from clear to quite a bit of cloud coming from the east/northeast now! temp seems to be dropping quicker than yesterday, the "dodgy" thermometer now says its 0.0C with the sun behind the cloud to the southwest.

Posted

let me make a few phone calls! i know exactly where your talking about!

this why im proud of wales everybody helps each other out

good on u mate

Posted

sorry this might be a bit off topic but my car is currently stuck in the snow on a country lane in Ponty - it's an S60 2002 volvo - went to try and retrieve it with a farmer's tractor and unfortunately I found to my cost that my towing eye (the bit that you screw into the front of the car to have it towed) is flippin missing - I can't get one from Volvos cause all there parts dept are shut - I did have someone ring me from merthyr with a possible 2002 s60 towing eye but his friend has it and he can't get hold of him - I was just wondering if anyone on here either has a 2002 s60 with a towing eye i can borrow or knows someone with that type of car that might do me the favour of getting it to me so I can get my car out.

Aw sorry, but if I did It would have been my pleasure. Good luck.

Posted

IF Gfs is right (mmmm who knows) then snow and quite heavy snow at times right through till friday by the looks of things- anybody got a snowblower I can rent - getting a bit worried now - think i got enough food but the gfriends foot might have to go in a stew if we get desperate (lol!!!!!!!!!)

There's quite a few huskies around here so if you want to borrow them we can arrange a sled together and use that for transport? Would fair much better for sure.

Posted

blizzard at the Emirates Stadium, as per Netweather correspondent Jeff Stelling!

laugh.gif

Come on Everton! pardon.gif Just went for a smoke, and my hands nearly dropped off. Strong ENE wind in Newport, and a mini flurry of snow. Either that or a lot of snow blowing around in the wind!

Posted

Aw sorry, but if I did It would have been my pleasure. Good luck.

Aw Ali - thank you babes - appreciate the offer - my own silly fault really - got really confident with me Volvo as I was getting about really well - then decided without thinking to try going down Black rd - rather than backing out of it like I have normally been doing and I ran right into a bowl in the road both ways impassable due to the inclines on both sides - no problems with the car - just can't drive it out - got an offer from a farmer and we tried earlier today but when I went to get this part for my car to be towed (towing eye) it wasn't there - somebody must have took it before I bought the car. oh well - if the snows come tomorrow like they are gonna then it's game up I think until the thaw occurs - god knows when that'll be!!!!!!!!!

From the GFS it sounds like I'll be digging it out of 3 -4ft snow drifts

Edited by andymusic

Posted

'really blizzard conditions at the Emirate Stadium now'

Jeff Stelling, Soccer saturday

Posted

There's quite a few huskies around here so if you want to borrow them we can arrange a sled together and use that for transport? Would fair much better for sure.

got a jack russell and a mini huski (german spitz - looks like a fox) if that'll do!!!!!!!! oh and a cat with anger mangement problems! OOOOOOOOOOOOOh I almost forgot- we got a horse un all - Honey a welsh mountain cob - now she could pull my car out!

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

BBC Weather have hardly anything over Wales.

UKMO 12Z precipitation:

http://www.meteociel...8-594.GIF?09-16

http://www.meteociel...4-594.GIF?09-16

http://www.meteociel...0-594.GIF?09-16

Light Snowfall looks likely.

Edited by SnowStorm(Jamie)

Posted

Temp -1.5C at 4.30pm.

Wind now deciding to go SSE.

Mostly clear, few bits of snow flying about.

dirol.gif

Posted

Aw Ali - thank you babes - appreciate the offer - my own silly fault really - got really confident with me Volvo as I was getting about really well - then decided without thinking to try going down Black rd - rather than backing out of it like I have normally been doing and I ran right into a bowl in the road both ways impassable due to the inclines on both sides - no problems with the car - just can't drive it out - got an offer from a farmer and we tried earlier today but when I went to get this part for my car to be towed (towing eye) it wasn't there - somebody must have took it before I bought the car. oh well - if the snows come tomorrow like they are gonna then it's game up I think until the thaw occurs - god knows when that'll be!!!!!!!!!

From the GFS it sounds like I'll be digging it out of 3 -4ft snow drifts

Aw well good luck with it anyhow. And I am jelious now of all that snow. lol im not sure i believe anymore.... lol

Posted

BBC Weather have hardly anything over Wales.

UKMO 12Z precipitation:

http://www.meteociel...8-594.GIF?09-16

http://www.meteociel...4-594.GIF?09-16

http://www.meteociel...0-594.GIF?09-16

Light Snowfall looks likely.

Yes they were not very giving for snowfall on Sundays Chart here, looked scattered... but their description suggested light and persistent snow.

Posted

got a jack russell and a mini huski (german spitz - looks like a fox) if that'll do!!!!!!!! oh and a cat with anger mangement problems! OOOOOOOOOOOOOh I almost forgot- we got a horse un all - Honey a welsh mountain cob - now she could pull my car out!

You got yourself a real noah's ark their. lol You would have to share the girlfriends foot with the horse at least. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

here's what some of you have been waiting for

mod's feel free to remove

post-10324-12630551657842_thumb.png

Posted

Come on Everton! pardon.gif Just went for a smoke, and my hands nearly dropped off. Strong ENE wind in Newport, and a mini flurry of snow. Either that or a lot of snow blowing around in the wind!

lol

2-1 to the toffees!

:yahoo:

Posted

Round Three (outside of the reliable timeframe) the GFS does finally break through next saturday with ever so slightly milder weather with a beefy low but that's a long way off yet! and even then into the more unreliable low res the cold sweeps back in - this is definitely not a "standard mild winter" that we've been used to - seems we could be locked into this cold spell right till spring time - it's gonna be a long winter - cabin fever will start kicking in soon - CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Based on the 12Z output from GFS and UKMO, we're heading for a real, full-on Blizzard Tuesday onwards. :yahoo:

All might change of course, so don't get you're hopes up (or down!) too much just yet, there's still plenty of room for change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Anyone got any idea what time the snow is ment to get to south wales? will it be tomorrow morning?

Posted

Based on the 12Z output from GFS and UKMO, we're heading for a real, full-on Blizzard Tuesday onwards. smile.gif

All might change of course, so don't get you're hopes up (or down!) too much just yet, there's still plenty of room for change.

I'm gonna just stick to looking out of the window....this is the only guarantee.........................on wednesday its either gonna be blazing sunshine or blizzards going by the forecasts today on here...

Posted

You got yourself a real noah's ark their. lol You would have to share the girlfriends foot with the horse at least. lol

You have to believe babe - the easterlies will defo deliver for you and if they don't your welcome to come and help me dig my car out - no probs - yeah the noah's ark bit is right - by the time I've fed them all it's time to feed them again - (after I've been on this forum) and after I've tried to get my car back!!!!!

Anyone got any idea what time the snow is ment to get to south wales? will it be tomorrow morning?

GFS has it here sometime between 6 - 12pm tonight - only light to begin with

Edited by andymusic