Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Ian furgesson reckons 30cms possible tues wednesday now try to talk it down pascal.

WOOOOHOOOOOO .oh ooops sorry,

This 30cms could possibly be a typo error and i would say it is possibly a maximum of 3cms which is borderline sleet/snow which may or may not even happen.

sad.gif

Posted

This 30cms could possibly be a typo error and i would say it is possibly a maximum of 3cms which is borderline sleet/snow which may or may not even happen.

sad.gif

Haha you crack me up :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

sad.gif

Yeah heatwave by tuesday i think, up to 28C

Posted

Yeah heatwave by tuesday i think, up to 28C

Yes latest bit of data from Cyngor Sir Gâr is that they have been told to conserve snow in order to melt it amid fears of drought next tuesday with the coming heatwave forecast by GFS, ECM AND UKMO all in agreement, the GEM seem's on its own on this once but who knows maybe its cold outlier might pan off :drinks: Confussed:P? Only messing :L

Edited by adamjones416

This website, go to forecasts and enter post code for the week ahead (SA18) and (sa12). 20% chance of snow apparently at 12:00 which is when it says heaviest rain is forecast

Again based on GFS, which is likely to be too progressive.

Posted

Ok i cant keep it up any more.

However is there any point lamp post watching later on this eve? or are we talking 6- 9am kick off for this area?

I won't be watching the lampost tonight, i'm not expecting any flurries until mid morning.

Posted

However is there any point lamp post watching later on this eve? or are we talking 6- 9am kick off for this area?

I'de be vijalent around 1 am ish but it will still be painstaking waiting for significant accumilation your best up waking around 8ish to see whats accumilated already and go from there mate. And jay you'r having a bashing in the South West Thread, But don't worry as a fellow Welsh compatriot I've given them a piece of my mind :rofl:

Posted

Cant see much point tonight glued to radar especially teatime tommorow onwards.

Posted

I'de be vijalent around 1 am ish but it will still be painstaking waiting for significant accumilation your best up waking around 8ish to see whats accumilated already and go from there mate. And jay you'r having a bashing in the South West Thread, But don't worry as a fellow Welsh compatriot I've given them a piece of my mind :good:

WILL it snow in cardiff adam?

Posted

Colder tonight this time last night it was -2.7c and clear temps went up for some reason.

Now it`s -3.6c and cloudy.

Posted

WILL it snow in cardiff adam?

Not here as well. :good:

Come let's have some humour, It will snow in cardiff amounts won't be huge we don't really know how amounts will be anywhere untill the time comes.

Posted

Wheres the heavy snow gone in SE England seems to have died away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Looking foward to waking up in the morning, thats when it will be proper interesting to see how things go through the day! Met Office warning for locally 20-30cm cover Bridgend, but what are the chances of getting anywhere near that amount?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

met office updated map forecast for milford at 21.01 tonight. now showing snow at 03.00 then a gap until midday then snow constantly until weds night. Tuesday night they are showing heavy snow for us. WOW! Thats the first time I have ever seen that on ukmo.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/milford_haven_forecast_weather.html

woody

Edited by ukwoody

Posted

Things not going to plan at the moment guys...The SE of England not getting much snow yet, snow died away..Whats going on?

Have a look at the SE thread.

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

Okay, so I've been back and fore all day here and checked a couple of forecasts..

so can someone tell me what is going to happen here in Carms? I really don't know, I've just seen lots of messy predictions and would like some confidence in a forecast from someone?

Come let's have some humour, It will snow in cardiff amounts won't be huge we don't really know how amounts will be anywhere untill the time comes.

Ian Fergusson does say that snow amounts progged (and other models) by NAE, are likely to be understated due to the powder nature. This also relates to radar, which is similarly set to under reflect falling powdery snow.

Posted

Ian Fergusson does say that snow amounts progged (and other models) by NAE, are likely to be understated due to the powder nature. This also relates to radar, which is similarly set to under reflect falling powdery snow.

And the radar allthough good isn't overly accurate either and you can't really expect it to be, I've had continuous snow flurries all day they haven't been picked up and i don't ault the radar it's difficult to register.

Posted

J1, When is the heavier snow forecast for SE England going to start falling? I think they are fed up with there 15cm and want more!

Posted

Things not going to plan at the moment guys...The SE of England not getting much snow yet, snow died away..Whats going on?

Have a look at the SE thread.

If things aren't going according to plan that's probably because there was no plan! Am I right in assuming that nobody really knows what's going to happen? BBC forecasts looked quite good earlier - I think we will all get loads of snow but we have to be patient. This is based on precisely no charts, no forecasts, no vast meteorological knowledge only blind faith and ignorance. Keep the faith !! xx