Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Looks like tomorrows wind only looks moderate at best now,bit more wind than today which did just about drift the snow more so when 2 snow showers came along,but I noticed just before dusk it was drifting the older snow which could be heard blowing in patches when the wind picked up. :)

Anyway more chance for drifting sunday with snow falling.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_12_UTC/24_30.gif

Tuesday will be the next day when major drifting will come off in strong/gale force E/SE winds thats what I`m hoping for. :pardon: there will be less wind Monday but there will be more snow,wind turns east then.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Just got back from Carmarthen... they have resorted to using gravel/chipins around the town as Adam mentioned..

Some parts on the journey home was -6C in the car (But I think the car over does it)

Anyway, very cold.

My Car underplays the cold.

It's -2C now but the car would say 0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Just watched the BBC Forecast and for tomorrow dry for Wales ?

they also showed a occluded front for monday, this isnt even on the fax charts anymore.

Very confusing

Posted

they also showed a occluded front for monday, this isnt even on the fax charts anymore.

Very confusing

Is it old though? They recently updated their online charts and there's plenty of snow Sunday Evening/Night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very confusing

Haha just seen this too, very little snow for SE england too, the map is dry apart from some very light areas of white in the midlands. Stupid.

Posted

Is it old though? They recently updated their online charts and there's plenty of snow Sunday Evening/Night.

I have no idea what going on with them to be honest, Metoffice have warnings out NAE and GFS shows snow but the bbc graphics look very poor

Posted

Haha just seen this too, very little snow for SE england too, the map is dry apart from some very light areas of white in the midlands. Stupid.

I've noticed recently quite a few times that the beeb have been having probs with their graphics and not showing the correct info - go with the met office rather than the beeb - more reliable

There is a high risk of severe weather affecting parts of northern England, the Midlands and eastern Wales. Outbreaks of snow developing on Sunday will become heavier and more persistent during late afternoon or evening and persistent through the night and into Monday morning. 5 to 15cm of fresh level snow is expected widely with 20-30cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in places. Disruption to transport networks and icing on power lines is possible.

It is expected that this Early Warning will be superseded by Flash messages.

Issued at: 1211 Sat 9 Jan

Posted

It does look like they are having trouble with the graphics- should be corrected at times like this though i think

Posted

It does look like they are having trouble with the graphics- should be corrected at times like this though i think

A blind man can predict more than the BBC........ they are terrible......god knows where they get their forecasts fromnonono.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Is the 1st attempt from the atlantic going to win on tuesday then or is the cold spell going to continue?

Forcast on bbc radio wales jus said it looks like most south wales costal areas including cardiff newport swansea will missout as the precipitation is forcast to head north west. Hope this is not true as I was expecting at least a dusting here in Bridgend, but it does tie in with what is being shown on N24 with morth and mid wales getting all the snow :yahoo: any thoughts guys

They have said this in the past and have been wrong, and the weather issued and indeed tonight's charts do not support this. It is probably fair to say that areas further north may get more, but that its a different matter.

Posted

Is the 1st attempt from the atlantic going to win on tuesday then or is the cold spell going to continue?

Cold is gonna win - tuesday with blizzard - Dan the man Corbett just did his news 24 forecast and loads of snow everywhere on the graphics so I've no idea what you saw earlier - this week is gonna be a snowfest for wales - if you don't get enough snow this week for your snow addiction then you wanna consider moving to the artic!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

They have said this in the past and have been wrong, and the weather issued and indeed tonight's charts do not support this. It is probably fair to say that areas further north may get more, but that its a different matter.

Quite agree and its unlikely the first attempt will win out i wouldnt say certainty because then it will happen but highly unlikely i can't see any MIld air untill atleast the 20th and then its not particularry mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Looking very snowy on Monday:

But notice the warmer air arriving in South West England :blush:

Monday 11th Jan.doc

Edited by soupsurfer7

Heres the Metoffice update for Wales:

As you can see they mention Snow for most parts.

12Z GFS precipitation charts:

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs243.gif

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs273.gif

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs303.gif

Slightly more precipitation around if you ask me. Chances are there for Frontal Snow Tuesday and Wednesday.

Latest NAE brings in the light snow across Wales- E-SE Wales could see quite a bit by Monday.

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/01/09/basis12/ukuk/prty/10011018_0912.gif

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/01/09/basis12/ukuk/prty/10011100_0912.gif

I agree there is more snow than previously shown, The Met Office warnings seem about right.

Cold Spell to carry on, at least for the time being.

Interesting the change in the FAX charts from earlier, bringing the upper warm front over Wales which is a complete change from earlier, it is also bang on us as well.

late Result form the ECM

Cold 1 Mild 0 all the way out to T+240.

Posted

where's it coming from andy?

rogue showers will start popping across from the east and will increase as the night progresses

some already into somerset/bristol way

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Well we have snow flakes blowing around here againg which has been for most of the day with a slight accumilation in places mainly on snow Cover as Jackone stated, For example the path i cleard to get to the front door is clear all be it full of ice but it won't budge. I expect me aving to redig that out come monday afternoon.

Posted

Cold is gonna win - tuesday with blizzard - Dan the man Corbett just did his news 24 forecast and loads of snow everywhere on the graphics so I've no idea what you saw earlier - this week is gonna be a snowfest for wales - if you don't get enough snow this week for your snow addiction then you wanna consider moving to the artic!

Ha, with those polar bears and Mamouths? rolleyes.gif