Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Whats changed then? I thought we were having light, persistant snow over a few days with no huge accumulations. Have we had an upgrade today or is this wishful thinking?

Posted

Really hope your right, and yes its our turn to hog the news headlines,"sky news reporter trapped on the motorway bridge at junction 42 as Swansea Bridgend Llanelli Carmarthen are battered by severe blizzards, with the military being called in to help as local services are over whelmed".

Gordon Brown helicopters in to the centre of Swansea for a photo opportunity showing his caring touch.

Ok i guess not , but a few inches would be nice, just pleeeeeeeeeeees dont turn to rain!!

So funny pmsl ...... Reading post thinking uh!!!!! I live there and it's not snowing. Then I realised joke duh someone wake me up

Posted

BBC says Ammanford and Port Talbot is heavy Snow - Mrmonopoly talking poop again

Try looking here.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=4;type=free;ct=~SA12;sess=#forecast

So no I am not talking "Poop" again thank you

this one for Amman Valley

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=4;type=free;ct=~SA18;sess=#forecast

so it appears BBC is either correct and this site is wrong , or BBC are wrong and this one is right. Dont take what BBC says is gospel, if it said it be 53oC tommorow with a chance of a hurricane would you belive it.

Edited by mrmonopoly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Whats changed then? I thought we were having light, persistant snow over a few days with no huge accumulations. Have we had an upgrade today or is this wishful thinking?

Your pretty much right with the light persistant snow for sunday and monday, Tuesday *could* be a different story.

i find those forecasts very inaccurate

Posted

Your pretty much right with the light persistant snow for sunday and monday, Tuesday *could* be a different story.

i find those forecasts very inaccurate

I do to, but its what I am basing some of what I am saying on. people keep saying im talking poop as it where, its because I am using data from another source and im not so fast to jump on the cold will last till next decade run.

I totally belive what Jackone said.

Posted

All automated forecast are nonsense and poop as you say, In all fairness that was quite harsh and uncalled for, Because mrmonopoly does know what he's talking about, But these forecast are useless, they don't do science they do deafault which as we all know does'nt work, its like saying you paint a bench green it will dry within an hour, but it wont if its cold or if its raining will it? in other words local conditions aren't taken into account with these forecast neither is alltitude.

Edited by adamjones416

Posted

Really hope your right, and yes its our turn to hog the news headlines,"sky news reporter trapped on the motorway bridge at junction 42 as Swansea Bridgend Llanelli Carmarthen are battered by severe blizzards, with the military being called in to help as local services are over whelmed".

Gordon Brown helicopters in to the centre of Swansea for a photo opportunity showing his caring touch.

Ok i guess not , but a few inches would be nice, just pleeeeeeeeeeees dont turn to rain!!

As long as its not cameron i fear for his safety.Nothing to do with the snow lol.

Posted

All automated forecast are nonsense and poop as you say, In all fairness that was quite harsh and uncalled for, Becaus mrmonopoly does know what he's talking about, But these forecast are useless, they don't do science they do deafualt which as we all know deosnt work, its like saying you paint a bench green it will dry within an hour, but it wont if its cold or if its raining will it? in other words local conditions aren't taken into account with these forecast neither is alltitude.

Well said. Possibly the best automated forecast i think is Wunderground.com

Posted

As long as its not cameron i fear for his safety.Nothing to do with the snow lol.

Haha if he came within a mile radius of my family his life wouldn't be worth living :drinks:.

Posted

Yeah! Lets just keep quiet now and pray this happens!

I know, im trying my best not to get my hopes up.

Can we all start talking it down ?,get our hopes down a bit , as there is nothing worse than that frustration of watching the huge amounts on the radar simply peter out, or change course around your area.

I will start if you like.

I think there will be a couple of very light flurries in Swansea tomorrow (barely even a dusting) with the main band missing us by quite a way.

Same for Monday, and then Tuesday it will be sleety drizzly stuff then rain with most of the existing snow melting away.

Infact there may be no snow at all from Bridgend to Swansea.

sad.gif

Posted

All automated forecast are nonsense and poop as you say, In all fairness that was quite harsh and uncalled for, Becaus mrmonopoly does know what he's talking about, But these forecast are useless, they don't do science they do deafualt which as we all know deosnt work, its like saying you paint a bench green it will dry within an hour, but it wont if its cold or if its raining will it? in other words local conditions aren't taken into account with these forecast neither is alltitude.

They are pretty good under normal conditions, but this isnt a normal condition. i think its because there based on old GFS data which currently keeps chaning its mind like the wind "Pardon the pun".

I Really hope Tuesday turns into a snow fest wouldnt that be ser real. I not seen mega snow yet not since 1983 from what I can remember. It be nice to see one of these events to tell my kids about if it ever happens again.

I really see winters getting worse now as years go on, to try and compensate for global warming. Someone mentiones a day after tommorow event and thats honestly how I see the globe reacting to our lifestyles.

When you rhink about it these snow storms cost us a fortune in money, keeping house warm, council tax cleaning up the mess, not to mention on health. So its a bit of give and take

Posted

Can we all start talking it down ?,get our hopes down a bit , as there is nothing worse than that frustration of watching the huge amounts on the radar simply peter out, or change course around your area.

I think there will be a couple of very light flurries in Swansea tomorrow (barely even a dusting) with the main band missing us by quite a way.

Same for Monday, and then Tuesday it will be sleety drizzly stuff then rain with most of the existing snow melting away.

sad.gif

Haha :drinks: let's just be REAL>

Posted

sad.gif

Do you hate the snow? I think we will see plenty over the coming days.

Raining here now

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

At last wind as moved easterly at last.

Pacal you got that big stirring stick out put it AWAY.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

They are pretty good under normal conditions, but this isnt a normal condition. i think its because there based on old GFS data which currently keeps chaning its mind like the wind "Pardon the pun".

I Really hope Tuesday turns into a snow fest wouldnt that be ser real. I not seen mega snow yet not since 1983 from what I can remember. It be nice to see one of these events to tell my kids about if it ever happens again.

I really see winters getting worse now as years go on, to try and compensate for global warming. Someone mentiones a day after tommorow event and thats honestly how I see the globe reacting to our lifestyles.

When you rhink about it these snow storms cost us a fortune in money, keeping house warm, council tax cleaning up the mess, not to mention on health. So its a bit of give and take

Well I've never been a fan of automated forecast so we can agree to disagree yet again :(. Fel cath a chi.

But they just give a basic picture i suppose, and yes it would be nice well this is currenlty the deepest snow in Cwmamman sicne 1986 from what i've heard off the locals and it's sticking around long like 1982, Drifting is starting to become a problem here, you can see places that look like theyve had a fresh layer of snow when really its the snow drifting. Tomorrow we shall see what happens, because we all know dry and powdery snow amounts up to more than wetish snow and doesnt compact very much which could mean depths greater than first progged.

Posted

Well I've never been a fan of automated forecast so we can agree to disagree yet again :(. Fel cath a chi.

But they just give a basic picture i suppose, and yes it would be nice well this is currenlty the deepest snow in Cwmamman sicne 1986 from what i've heard off the locals and it's sticking around long like 1982, Drifting is starting to become a problem here, you can see places that look like theyve had a fresh layer of snow when really its the snow drifting. Tomorrow we shall see what happens, because we all know dry and powdery snow amounts up to more than wetish snow and doesnt compact very much which could mean depths greater than first progged.

I think im going to take a trip up there on sunday for a butchers.

Posted

Do you hate the snow? I think we will see plenty over the coming days

No one loves it any more than i, and there is nothing more i would like to see and be out in than a major blizzard event with Swansea on the national news.

However like before,

Taking in all the models etc GFS GBH ABC XYZ , i really cant see anything but minor snow turning to rain for Swansea wihin a few days.sad.gif

Please tell me to stop, if this is winding anyone up or offending anybody , as last time when i talked about the "s**w shi*ld* i was booted off the message board for a day.

Edited by pascalsbongo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Lol i would love the BBC news to say, Swansea has been the worse affected with up to 1 foot of snow

It's happened before, it can happen again

NOOOO Bridgend can be worst affected for once lol.

Posted

No one loves it any more than i, and there is nothing more i would like to see and be out in than a major blizzard event with Swansea on the national news.

However like before,

Taking in all the models etc GFS GBH ABC XYZ , i really cant see anything but minor snow turning to rain for Swansea wihin a few days.sad.gif

Mmmm Great :) Can we keep with the positive stuff for the time being? :(

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I'm self emplolyed in the building trade and believe me they cost me a fortune! Mind you any excuse for a day off... LOL

woody

Posted

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IABERAVO1

i use this as it is very local dont now if it is any use too you

Posted

I'm self emplolyed in the building trade and believe me they cost me a fortune! Mind you any excuse for a day off... LOL

woody

or a month, even.

Posted

I think im going to take a trip up there on sunday for a butchers.

Hehe i think you should, The main road is Fine you'll have no trouble getting here but be carefull on any side streets currently very poor.

Posted

Mmmm Great :(

Ian furgesson reckons 30cms possible tues wednesday now try to talk it down pascal.

Posted

Thinks will change by tuesday the precip might not even make it this far north as Jackone stated earlier. Dense cold hair is jst like a wall for anything against it. Yes it's looking good atm but it will change by tomorrow no doubt so in the mean time let's just ocnentrate on tomorrow i say.