Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

My school has been confirmed shut again on Monday but students doing exams must attend, but I dont have any GCSE exams untill March then my main ones in June so im fine:) another day off! had nearly a week off now and it feels like another summer holidays because I was only in for 1.5 days last week after the christmas period ive had a real long time off school now lol.

I have a A level statistics exam wednesday..if we get the amount of snow we could get ....i won't be getting there.

Posted

WOW!! Ond wyt ti'n gallu malu cachu fel fy ngwr?!!!!

WOW!! But can you b***s**t like my husband?!!!!!!!

Edited by Elnonio

Posted

Wnai ddim canu cloch fy hunan ond dwi'n siarad Cymraeg, Saesneg ac Affricaans yn Rhugl, Dwi'n astudio Almaeneg lefel A, ac yn gallu cynnal sgwrs yn eidaleg, sbaeneg, cernyweg, gwyddeleg, rwsieg a ffrangeg :pardon: Dwli ar ieithoedd.

I don't want to blow my own trumpet but i speak Welsh, English and Afrikaans fluent, Im studing German level A, I can also hold a conversation to varying degrees in Italian, Spanish, Cornish, Irish, Russian and French, I love languages, Ok enough of the showing off I do apologise.

bloody hell

or should that be sacre bleu?

I have a A level statistics exam wednesday..if we get the amount of snow we could get ....i won't be getting there.

So what percentage chance is there of snow in Cardiff?

Sorry couldn't resist. :pardon:

Latest fax chart @ 24h:

http://www.meteociel.../fax/fax24s.gif

Upper warm front pushing over us heading up to N Wales, N England + parts of Ireland later on Sunday. How much snow we are going to get out of this im not sure.

GFS 18Z increases precipitation for tomorrow also.

It is a pity that we don't see if it still curls back for us and later charts as per the 12Hz,

Posted

So what percentage chance is there of snow in Cardiff?

Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

:pardon:

100% now, eh Jay?

you could always count the snowflakes as practise for your exam! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

This event seems delayed to me. Still nothing much PPN in the east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

My area of Cardiff is going to be in alot of trouble from this the only route near to me that is gritted and clear is the A470, there is still 7inches of snow on the ground and more to fall on top of that and its going to start drifting and it will certainly fall as snow here. Went to ASDA on the Corynton M4.A470 roundabout around 9ish the store is completely out of milk, bread and most freezers are empty. Driving out of the store the Traffic Control centre for south Wales looked busy in the middle of the roundabout with a gritting depot right next to it and all the gritters were lineing up many orange flashing lights in the midde of the roundabout. I personaly think this is going to be madness with very little grit and drifts.

Futher into Cardiff into the Canton and Llandaff area where my school is, I slept over my friends house last night and to be honest even though theres very little snow in that area of Cardiff (around an inch) its far more lethal as its not powder at all its basicaly a thick covering of ice on catherdral road (to walk on that is).

Edited by Wales123098

Posted

Hi. will you get the question what are the snow statistics for Cardiff?!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Posted

WOW!! Ond wyt ti'n gallu malu cachu fel fy ngwr?!!!!

WOW!! But can you b***s**t like my husband?!!!!!!!

Dwi ddim yn malu cachu ?

I'm not bull***ing

Posted

My area of Cardiff is going to be in alot of trouble from this the only route near to me that is gritted and clear is the A470, there is still 7inches of snow on the ground and more to fall on top of that and its going to start drifting and it will certainly fall as snow here. Went to ASDA on the Corynton M4.A470 roundabout around 9ish the store is completely out of milk, bread and most freezers are empty. Driving out of the store the Traffic Control centre for south Wales looked busy in the middle of the roundabout with a gritting depot right next to it and all the gritters were lineing up many orange flashing lights in the midde of the roundabout. I personaly think this is going to be madness with very little grit and drifts.

Futher into Cardiff into the Canton and Llandaff area where my school is, I slept over my friends house last night and to be honest even though theres very little snow in that area of Cardiff (around an inch) its far more lethal as its not powder at all its basicaly a thick covering of ice on catherdral road (to walk on that is).

Hi mate, i'm in Llanishen tonight...good 4 inches outside my dads backgarden.

Posted

This event seems delayed to me. Still nothing much PPN in the east

It is interesting that the precipitation in South East England has been squeezed out. So there is very light snow or flurries there now...Looking at the radar all snow over the Uk is getting squeezed out. Although I can see there are flurries moving into Mid Wales...Not really what was expected so we wait to see (1) if the radar is correct. (2) if it is why is it getting squeezed out.........

Posted

Went to that Asda at about 7 and they were out of milk and bread then. Popped into the tesco by memory lane cakes and there was plenty of milk etc. As you say, the A470 has been gritted (passed twop gritters on the way home) but not sure what else is going to get done in and around this area of Cardiff.

I live up that dredful Pentyrch Hill and beyond onto very bad b roads, I have no chance lol.

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Hi Guys,

Well - from the latest models, looks as though the PPN is decaying? A few posts on the general discussions are saying we are in for a slow thaw with a dry 10 days and going out with a whimper. I thought this was going to be a classic - all I can see is rapid downgrades tomorrow - am I missing something here?

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It is interesting that the precipitation in South East England has been squeezed out. So there is very light snow or flurries there now...Looking at the radar all snow over the Uk is getting squeezed out. Although I can see there are flurries moving into Mid Wales...Not really what was expected so we wait to see (1) if the radar is correct. (2) if it is why is it getting squeezed out.........

Yeah :) Plenty of cloud pushing into most of Western Europe at the moment.

Posted

Dwi ddim yn malu cachu ?

I'm not bull***ing

Ddim yn meddwl dy fod ti, dim ond bod bo fy ngwr yn giamstar ar falu cachu ac yn methu siarad unrhyw iaith arall!!

You mis-understsand, I am very impressed indeed!! I wish I could speak so many languages but my husband can indeed b**ls**t but only in Welsh and English

Posted

Hi Guys,

Well - from the latest models, looks as though the PPN is decaying? A few posts on the general discussions are saying we are in for a slow thaw with a dry 10 days and going out with a whimper. I thought this was going to be a classic - all I can see is rapid downgrades tomorrow - am I missing something here?

JK

I very much doubt this cold spell is going out with a whimper. The ecm is very strong on continuing the cold spell. I could be wrong of course and I do know many peeps , including me would like a bit of mild, very mild will do, laughs, but in my opinion having seen these kind of charts before, and winters, although there will be atlantic attempts to break the cold, the cold will stay. Expect it to stay cold in the long term with maybe a slightly warmer interlude - that is normal in all severe winters.....

Posted

Oh here goes the whinging again, Its snowing here and its not even on the radar, I think the radar is playing up because it has been for the last hour and its not just a flurry its quite steady but nothing on the radar.

Posted

Oh here goes the whinging again, Its snowing here and its not even on the radar, I think the radar is playing up because it has been for the last hour and its not just a flurry its quite steady but nothing on the radar.

There could well be something with the radar. It is showing the south east as losing its precipitation and most the Uk - of course I do not know if this is the case without being there. Reports like yours help give a true picture....

Posted

there seems to be alot of doom and gloom around the threads tonight

i think it will come but it will be a slow thing

but been keeping an eye around the jersey area something brewing there

Posted

raintoday showing plenty of snow showers poping there head up south east of the beacons! :whistling:

Posted

Still snowing here i expect it not to stop know the cloud that is thick is full of it, there is alot of doom and gloom coming rom yes the South EAST and because temps have increased a degree or too on the coast this spell is over, Bollucks, of course the sea will modify it, its a WARM front what do they expect? Luckily or us it will be travelling over cool surface and the temps wont really change and they will drop of again in the south east they've only risen a raction above freezin or so and tehre is a SLOW THAW, nonsense. People are becoming to frustrated and their expectations are too high.

Posted

Still snowing here i expect it not to stop know the cloud that is thick is full of it, there is alot of doom and gloom coming rom yes the South EAST and because temps have increased a degree or too on the coast this spell is over, Bollucks, of course the sea will modify it, its a WARM front what do they expect? Luckily or us it will be travelling over cool surface and the temps wont really change and they will drop of again in the south east they've only risen a raction above freezin or so and tehre is a SLOW THAW, nonsense. People are becoming to frustrated and their expectations are too high.

Lol, it can all melt there for all i care.blum.gif

Posted

My expectations are not high :whistling:

Cold here, no precip at the current minute.

Posted

tonights and tomorrows snow is not coming in as a front. It is basically moist air that will form showers of snow -particularly over the high ground. Evidence of that happening is already occuring on rain today. Have patience all you snowbies. Keep the lampost watching and you will see. laughs...True. But for me I am off to bed and will peep out the window if I get up in the night:-)