Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I do apologise that you feel that way i didn't mean to snap, it's just i've heard it so many times before i want to know where the myth has come from that's all, Do apologise i feel bad now :/

dont worry adam, just ataken back a little by your harshness. :D The thing is the way jack worded it (no offence intended jack, utmost respect here) suggested there was a rough eqaution, which is why asked.

woody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Still have to go in on wednesday for an exam if the school is closed, Not looking foward to that! I think atleast monday the school could be closed, hope tuesday and wednesday it is even if i have to go in the morning for an exam. Fingers crossed things will go right for once and tuesday/wednesday will be heavy snow! lol Actually getting bit tired now, so maybe an early night is in need! Might be my last post of the night so good luck people and hope to wake up to light snow in the morning maybe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

thank you Jack. I'm off to bed now, so I'll read it in the morn. I've book marked it for early morning reading, LOL

woody

GFS 18Hz still very progressive in short term keeping snow risk down for breakdown due to the widespread above 0c uppers. However the next low undercuts, bringing the prospect of cold easterly winds once again.

Posted

Warning that includes Bridgend and many other areas:

This is the met office weather warning for heavy snow 1800 sun 10 - 1200 Mon 11.

Blaenau Gwent60% Bridgend60% Caerphilly60% Conwy60% Denbighshire60% Flintshire60% Gwynedd60% Merthyr Tydfil60% Monmouthshire60% Neath Port Talbot60% Powys60% Rhondda Cynon Taff60% Torfaen60% Wrexham60%

There is a high risk of severe weather affecting parts of northern England, the Midlands and eastern Wales. Outbreaks of snow developing on Sunday will become heavier and more persistent during late afternoon or evening and persistent through the night and into Monday morning. 5 to 15cm of fresh level snow is expected widely with 20-30cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in places. Disruption to transport networks and icing on power lines is possible.

It is expected that this Early Warning will be superseded by Flash messages.

Im not sure whats going to happen though, Will only know when it happens i guess, but hope to get a decent amount for a change!

I live around 8 miles inland, and 73m (236 feet) above see level in brackla, i doubt we will get anything over 15cm, but is there even a chance of getting 15cm here?

i deliver around your area DS, and thought 8 miles was a bit much, so I had a quick check on Google Earth, and you're actually around 5 miles from the nearest coast, at Ogmore by Sea. just thought you might like to know for future reference mate!

Still have to go in on wednesday for an exam if the school is closed, Not looking foward to that! I think atleast monday the school could be closed, hope tuesday and wednesday it is even if i have to go in the morning for an exam. Fingers crossed things will go right for once and tuesday/wednesday will be heavy snow! lol Actually getting bit tired now, so maybe an early night is in need! Might be my last post of the night so good luck people and hope to wake up to light snow in the morning maybe.

looking at the forecasts, i'll be surprised if you'll be sitting that exam on wednesday, but forecasts have been wrong before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

i deliver around your area DS, and thought 8 miles was a bit much, so I had a quick check on Google Earth, and you're actually around 5 miles from the nearest coast, at Ogmore by Sea. just thought you might like to know for future reference mate!

looking at the forecasts, i'll be surprised if you'll be sitting that exam on wednesday, but forecasts have been wrong before.

Lol ok well was not a bad guess :S Still seem to do not too bad sometimes with snow, like in feb last year. Im not actually expecing more than 15cm, i would say i'd be very luck to get that much!! But i can still have a bit of hope lol! Thanks though :cc_confused:

Posted

Ydy pawb wedi mynd i'r gwely?

Has everyone gone to bed?

Dwi dal yma :cc_confused: ond yn bwriadu mynd i'r gwely cyn hir

I'm still here but am planning on going to go to bed soon.

Posted

Ydy pawb wedi mynd i'r gwely?

Has everyone gone to bed?

yep I'm going now - this weather can make you very tired - exhausting really

night night

Posted

Lol ok well was not a bad guess :S Still seem to do not too bad sometimes with snow, like in feb last year. Im not actually expecing more than 15cm, i would say i'd be very luck to get that much!! But i can still have a bit of hope lol! Thanks though :)

15 cms drifting, will give you some surprising results, take my word for it. You'll have large patches of bare ground, and big tumps of snow here and there. :)

i'm only telling you this because i don't think you youngsters have seen TRUE drifting snow yet around here yet, have you? it's amazing, and quite spellbinding in full flow.

Posted

Where did you get that from??? forcaster earlier on bbc wales on the radio just now has said that costal areas of south wales including newport, cardiff and swansea will only see a sleet/rain mix tomorrow and moday followed by heavy rain Tuesday, Would welcome comments on this as was expecting at least a dusting here in Bridgend

confused or what???

Thats what I have been saying all along but I got slated for it lol

Posted

Certainly in your magnificent Great Britain has made a winter with snowflakes. Here in Northern Italy expects a decent snowfall

My link

very pretty Lemine. welcome to Wales. well, the Wales weather forum anyway! :)

:)

Posted

Certainly in your magnificent Great Britain has made a winter with snowflakes. Here in Northern Italy expects a decent snowfall

My link

CROESO - BENVENUTO - WELCOME

Noi siamo il Galles, preferisce essere chiamato Galles non e Gran Bretagna, Non ti preoccupare nevicherà presto.

Rydym yng Nghymru, Base well gennyf os buaswch chi'n ein galw ni'n Gymru ac nid Prydeinwyr :). Paid a phoeni gewch chi eira cyn hir

We are Welsh not Great Britain, I would prefer to be just Welsh , hehe, but don't worry the snow will come to you soon,

Edited by adamjones416

Posted

15 cms drifting, will give you some surprising results, take my word for it. You'll have large patches of bare ground, and big tumps of snow here and there. laugh.gif

i'm only telling you this because i don't think you youngsters have seen TRUE drifting snow yet around here yet, have you? it's amazing, and quite spellbinding in full flow.

Never witnessed a winter like this, i have iccicles in my backgarden and never witnessed drifting snow...going to be fun.

Posted

yep I'm going now - this weather can make you very tired - exhausting really

night night

Nos da Andy. hope you can get to your car soon rolleyes.gif

My link

Buongiorno. I am sure that must be wrong but my Italian is very bad. Welcome to Wales!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

My school has been confirmed shut again on Monday but students doing exams must attend, but I dont have any GCSE exams untill March then my main ones in June so im fine:) another day off! had nearly a week off now and it feels like another summer holidays because I was only in for 1.5 days last week after the christmas period ive had a real long time off school now lol.

Posted

Noi siamo il Galles, preferisce essere chiamato Galles non e Gran Bretagna, Non ti preoccupare nevicherà presto.

Rydym yng Nghymru, Base well gennyf os buaswch chi'n ein galw ni'n Gymru ac nid Prydeinwyr tongue.gif. Paid a phoeni gewch chi eira cyn hir

We are Welsh not Great Britain, I would prefer to be just Welsh , hehe, but don't worry the snow will come to you soon,

Yay Adam - aml ieithog - pob parch!!

Yay Adam - multilingual - I am impressed!!

Posted

Agh jeez.. just relised I have my AS ICT Exam Monday afternoon....

Please tell me it will not be snowing Monday afternoon? I really need to get to this and I hope the roads will be okay (usually are here but the further inland where campus is it gets worse)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Latest fax chart @ 24h:

http://www.meteociel.../fax/fax24s.gif

Upper warm front pushing over us heading up to N Wales, N England + parts of Ireland later on Sunday. How much snow we are going to get out of this im not sure.

GFS 18Z increases precipitation for tomorrow also.

Edited by SnowStorm(Jamie)

Posted

Yay Adam - aml ieithog - pob parch!!

Yay Adam - multilingual - I am impressed!!

Wnai ddim canu cloch fy hunan ond dwi'n siarad Cymraeg, Saesneg ac Affricaans yn Rhugl, Dwi'n astudio Almaeneg lefel A, ac yn gallu cynnal sgwrs yn eidaleg, sbaeneg, cernyweg, gwyddeleg, rwsieg a ffrangeg :unsure: Dwli ar ieithoedd.

I don't want to blow my own trumpet but i speak Welsh, English and Afrikaans fluent, Im studing German level A, I can also hold a conversation to varying degrees in Italian, Spanish, Cornish, Irish, Russian and French, I love languages, Ok enough of the showing off I do apologise.

Posted

Agh jeez.. just relised I have my AS ICT Exam Monday afternoon....

Please tell me it will not be snowing Monday afternoon? I really need to get to this and I hope the roads will be okay (usually are here but the further inland where campus is it gets worse)

My take on this system coming across although it is sub zero air it is moist. This will bring in what I call in 'normal; weather when we get rain ' the mountain effect'. This will be the case still with this air coming across. As this moist air rises it will condense further and create heavier snow over high ground and of course the valleys. I could be wrong but I think the worse snow will be in the valleys and high ground, lower down such as Cardiff and Swansea will see much lighter snow and flurries. All will be revealed by morning...