Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Andy whats your feeling for this far west tomorrow/mon?

woody

Posted

You have to believe babe - the easterlies will defo deliver for you and if they don't your welcome to come and help me dig my car out - no probs - yeah the noah's ark bit is right - by the time I've fed them all it's time to feed them again - (after I've been on this forum) and after I've tried to get my car back!!!!!

GFS has it here sometime between 6 - 12pm tonight

andy sorry to fail you mate but my guys in garage dont have the tow clip you need. i am waiting for them to let me know if the tow clip from a volvo SC60 will work. hang in there mate. garage told me same about flatbed truck it will be a struggle. will let you know shortly.

Posted

You have to believe babe - the easterlies will defo deliver for you and if they don't your welcome to come and help me dig my car out - no probs - yeah the noah's ark bit is right - by the time I've fed them all it's time to feed them again - (after I've been on this forum) and after I've tried to get my car back!!!!!

lol, i feel like that with my puppy, cat, fish and hampsters... I Believe, I believe but if not i will bring my shovel. lol

GFS has it here sometime between 6 - 12pm tonight - only light to begin with

Posted

Andy whats your feeling for this far west tomorrow/mon?

woody

pretty much everyone in Wales will get a taste of this snow - obviously due to the direction of the winds south/south easterly then the south east of Wales will get first dabs of the snow so will get more of it but with the slightly heavier bits in amongst the steady light stuff - anywhere could get some too - and then into tuesday - the snowstorm of the decade could well be breaking out that will give you south westerners a chance at some mega snow potential

andy sorry to fail you mate but my guys in garage dont have the tow clip you need. i am waiting for them to let me know if the tow clip from a volvo SC60 will work. hang in there mate. garage told me same about flatbed truck it will be a struggle. will let you know shortly.

you on about an XC60 4x4 - I think volvo like to keep everything seperate with all of there models so that they can make maximum money on all there cars and parts - I have been offered a 2005 S60 (different body shape to my 2002 towing eye but I'm not even sure that'll fit as he mentioned he wasn't sure which thread (left or right) and I don't know about that either - I don't wanna drag the farmer with his tractor and him (guy with 2005 towing) down from merthyr to find when we get to the car the part is the wrong type - wasting peoples time - especially the farmer with his sheep and horses etc to look after in this bitter cold and snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

pretty much everyone in Wales will get a taste of this snow - obviously due to the direction of the winds south/south easterly then the south east of Wales will get first dabs of the snow so will get more of it but with the slightly heavier bits in amongst the steady light stuff - anywhere could get some too - and then into tuesday - the snowstorm of the decade could well be breaking out that will give you south westerners a chance at some mega snow potential

you on about an XC60 4x4 - I think volvo like to keep everything seperate with all of there models so that they can make maximum money on all there cars and parts - I have been offered a 2005 S60 (different body shape to my 2002 towing eye but I'm not even sure that'll fit as he mentioned he wasn't sure which thread (left or right) and I don't know about that either - I don't wanna drag the farmer with his tractor and him (guy with 2005 towing) down from merthyr to find when we get to the car the part is the wrong type - wasting peoples time - especially the farmer with his sheep and horses etc to look after in this bitter cold and snow!

Yes Andy if the cold air wins and the low is near by, a spell of heavy snow could be likely for SW England and S Wales. I'd say a 35-40% chance at the moment

Posted

can anyone give me a timeline of what the snow LOOKS like it will do over the next few days based on what we know NOW?

Posted

Well its -5 with complete cloud cover at 5 o clock B) i've never seen that.

Posted

this is exactly what garage are going to find out for me now. if so then i will come up my jeep and (bring spare tow hook!) that way i can actually tow you myself. thats as long as you done mind the attention of a doctors car! will let you know shortly.

Posted

can anyone give me a timeline of what the snow LOOKS like it will do over the next few days based on what we know NOW?

you got loads coming like me mate - and tuesday's blizzard is looking good too and more afterwards - breakdown if at all not until saturday - too far to call yet

Posted

you got loads coming like me mate - and tuesday's blizzard is looking good too and more afterwards - breakdown if at all not until saturday - too far to call yet

Really? Why is the BBC and netweather showing only a few cm's over 2 - 3 days then - what am I missing?

Posted

what the snow LOOKS like based on what we know NOW?

umm, very powdery fluffy white stuff, thats quite cold and lays on the ground?? :wallbash:

Sorry, I know it's no help just couldn't resist.

woody

Posted

Things are going to turn nasty around these parts by the looks of things, My mother works for a dementia clinic and has been informed that she might ave to go into work at 9 tonight untill tuesday lukily work is around the corner but other staff won't make it they're having difficulty as it is and we haven't had significant snowfall since last tuesday night. She told me that they had been informed by carmarthenshire council that they would only be gritting trunk roads into the major towns now, Ie, Llanelli, Carmarthen, Ammanford, Burry Port and The road towards lampeter from Carmarthen. They are however putting gravell on the roads to dry and make more grip which is a good thing. But this has told me that there is definetly bad weather on the way.

Posted

this is exactly what garage are going to find out for me now. if so then i will come up my jeep and (bring spare tow hook!) that way i can actually tow you myself. thats as long as you done mind the attention of a doctors car! will let you know shortly.

sounds great but I wouldn't recommend we try this in the dark - Black Rd (as it's name suggests is pitch black at night - no street lighting at all) so I would feel happier about attempting this in daylight - obviously the snow will be with us tomorrow but I might get a chance to do it around lunchtime as it's not progged to get heavier till later sunday afternoon - but we'll have to see - by the looks of things after that I don't think I'm gonna get another chance till towards the end of this week otherwise!

Posted

Yes Andy if the cold air wins and the low is near by, a spell of heavy snow could be likely for SW England and S Wales. I'd say a 35-40% chance at the moment

Come on the cold air !!

If the end really is coming (temporary end as its still first half of jan lol), then i hope South Wales goes down fighting.

Was getting a little bored with the cold but dry days, but now its all set to kick off and i for one am very excited about this.

If it really is going to get mild then lets have 10 degrees plus, as the gas meter has been whizzing round so fast the bill must be enormous!

Imagine November rain actually becomng snow!! wow , would be talking metres and metres !

Come on mild system lets see what youve got!!

Posted

umm, very powdery fluffy white stuff, thats quite cold and lays on the ground?? :wallbash:

Sorry, I know it's no help just couldn't resist.

woody

:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Latest fax charts are coming out:

http://www.meteociel.../fax/fax24s.gif < 24h

http://www.meteociel.../fax/fax36s.gif < 36h

No trough on this anymore for Wales, however the upper warm front does reach us.

As for Snowfall events the potential is there Tuesday and Wednesday, although looking at the UKMO 12z you can see upper air temps start to rise slightly:

http://www.meteociel...W72-7.GIF?09-17

Then by 96h you can see undercutting taking place and a flow from the East keeping us in the colder air- snowfall event seems likely in this case:

http://www.meteociel...96-21.GIF?09-17

Posted

sounds great but I wouldn't recommend we try this in the dark - Black Rd (as it's name suggests is pitch black at night - no street lighting at all) so I would feel happier about attempting this in daylight - obviously the snow will be with us tomorrow but I might get a chance to do it around lunchtime as it's not progged to get heavier till later sunday afternoon - but we'll have to see - by the looks of things after that I don't think I'm gonna get another chance till towards the end of this week otherwise!

thats fine andy i am around lunchtime tomorrow - all depends now on what garage comes back to me and says! stay safe!

Posted

thats fine andy i am around lunchtime tomorrow - all depends now on what garage comes back to me and says! stay safe!

Thanks mate I appreciate all your efforts

Posted

Just got back from Carmarthen... they have resorted to using gravel/chipins around the town as Adam mentioned..

Some parts on the journey home was -6C in the car (But I think the car over does it)

Anyway, very cold.

Posted

Just got back from Carmarthen... they have resorted to using gravel/chipins around the town as Adam mentioned..

Some parts on the journey home was -6C in the car (But I think the car over does it)

Anyway, very cold.

If anything the car will under doo it.

Posted

Latest fax charts are coming out:

http://www.meteociel.../fax/fax24s.gif < 24h

http://www.meteociel.../fax/fax36s.gif < 36h

No trough on this anymore for Wales, however the upper warm front does reach us.

As for Snowfall events the potential is there Tuesday and Wednesday, although looking at the UKMO 12z you can see upper air temps start to rise slightly:

http://www.meteociel...W72-7.GIF?09-17

Then by 96h you can see undercutting taking place and a flow from the East keeping us in the colder air- snowfall event seems likely in this case:

http://www.meteociel...96-21.GIF?09-17

sorry benny, just what does that mean in "real terms" for us tomorrow and monday?

cheers

woody