Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Ah well, my minds off the snow until tonight lol...looking forward to Cardiff - Blackpool.

cardiff swansea in the play off final this year?

should be fun. :lol:

Regional forecaster didn't show graphics on the snow for tomorrow lol.

Poor Quality Forecast IMO.

Wales:

Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Isle of Anglesey, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Swansea, Vale of Glamorgan

Heavy Snow Sun 10 Jan

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of England and Wales.

Further outbreaks of snow, some heavy and prolonged, with accumulations of 2 to 5 cm generally and locally around 5-10cm over high ground. Strong winds will cause drifting of snow. There will also be further icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Issued at: 1158 Sat 9 Jan

Wales:

60% Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Powys, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Torfaen,Wrexham

Heavy Snow 1800 Sun 10 1200 Mon 11

There is a high risk of severe weather affecting parts of northern England, the Midlands and eastern Wales. Outbreaks of snow developing on Sunday will become heavier and more persistent during late afternoon or evening and persistent through the night and into Monday morning. 5 to 15cm of fresh level snow is expected widely with 20-30cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in places. Disruption to transport networks and icing on power lines is possible.

It is expected that this Early Warning will be superseded by Flash messages.

Issued at: 1211 Sat 9 Jan

These two combined warnings make a lot more sense to be honest. which ties in with the latest BBC national forecast of heavy snow for Wales and Northern England later on Sunday.

-------------------

cardiff swansea in the play off final this year?

should be fun. :lol:

That would be fun. However I could see a dubious decisions against the second welsh team, if the first one made it.

Police wouldn't like that at all.

Posted

Wales:

Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Isle of Anglesey, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Swansea, Vale of Glamorgan

Heavy Snow Sun 10 Jan

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of England and Wales.

Further outbreaks of snow, some heavy and prolonged, with accumulations of 2 to 5 cm generally and locally around 5-10cm over high ground. Strong winds will cause drifting of snow. There will also be further icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Wales:

60% Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Powys, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Torfaen,Wrexham

There is a high risk of severe weather affecting parts of northern England, the Midlands and eastern Wales. Outbreaks of snow developing on Sunday will become heavier and more persistent during late afternoon or evening and persistent through the night and into Monday morning. 5 to 15cm of fresh level snow is expected widely with 20-30cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in places. Disruption to transport networks and icing on power lines is possible.

These two combined warnings make a lot more sense to be honest. which ties in with the latest BBC national forecast of heavy snow for Wales and Northern England later on Sunday.

-------------------

That would be fun. However I could see a dubious decisions against the second welsh team, if the first one made it.

Police wouldn't like that at all.

Heavy snow warning just north of me lmao, damn.

Posted

Heavy snow warning just north of me lmao, damn.

they haven't really got a clue Jay. it'll be down to radar watching tomorrow I think. you're definitely going to see snow, how heavy, and for how long though, I don't know, and neither do they. get NW radar if you haven't already. great value for £3 odd in a situation like this.

Posted

Wales:

Heavy Snow Sun 10 Jan

Nice to see the Vale of Glamorgan in that part, we still got a lot of lying snow here in Barry. Did thaw a bit over the past 2 days, but snow and ice is so thick it has hardly touched it. Fingers crossed for the next couple of days.

Posted

they haven't really got a clue Jay. it'll be down to radar watching tomorrow I think. you're definitely going to see snow, how heavy, and for how long though, I don't know, and neither do they. get NW radar if you haven't already. great value for £3 odd in a situation like this.

I have lol, i've had it for 2 months...i only buy it in the winter though for the snow haha.

Posted

I have lol, i've had it for 2 months...i only buy it in the winter though for the snow haha.

me too :yahoo:

Posted

The met office warning are messy and a shambells today i must say, And that's not because I'm not in the Warning zone well the read zone, How can they go from a forecast with no warning on an area to changing it to red and an area with a warning jst staying the same, it's a very messy forecast and quite ridiculous coming from the met office.

Posted

The met office warning are messy and a shambells today i must say, And that's not because I'm not in the Warning zone well the read zone, How can they go from a forecast with no warning on an area to changing it to red and an area with a warning jst staying the same, it's a very messy forecast and quite ridiculous coming from the met office.

Lol, we'll see what happens...

Posted

personally, i don't think they want the population panicking, and emptying every shop in the country, and are DELIBERATELY flip flopping in their warnings, and the severity of them, to give the impression that i's a knife edge situation, out of their control, when in fact they know exactly what is about to occur.

thought that for a while too.

must be what the chief of the Met Office gets his 'performance related bonus' for, eh?

:crazy:

Posted

Just been looking at some forecasts, and not all so good, net weather say snow sunday into moday, but sleet for the rest of monday. And others say sleet or rain from tuesday/wednesday :S starting to feel less confident and hopeful this will be a good snow event here now! Not actually quite sure what to make of it, would it be best not to get hopes up and just wait to see what happens like normal?

starting to get heavier here an really blowing in the wind - it's gonna be a case of watching the radar now and lampost watching - I think there's gonna be plenty of snow for everyone, don't you worry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Wales:

Heavy Snow Sun 10 Jan

Wales:

Well this could be good afterall if it comes off, would love the 20-30cm locally part lol but i imagen that would be more higher ground? still 15cm/6inches would be great if we get it, thats what we had back in feb last year and would love that again!

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Looked at charts for BBC... they show a front from west coming in Tuesday Night and turning to snow over us.

If that occurs we could have a significant amount of snow from that too. pardon.gif

Posted

Looked at charts for BBC... they show a front from west coming in Tuesday Night and turning to snow over us.

If that occurs we could have a significant amount of snow from that too. pardon.gif

Lol, i'm not going to get too excited...take one day at a time.

Posted

^^ I know lol!

Especially it being the always changing BBC online forecast.

It's snowing out of a clear sky?! And there's not even a brisk wind to be lying snow drifting (I think, lol!)

Edited by Jamie.ed

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I' m sure that an Independent Met Office Cymru would do a much better job.

Posted

take part

dont think we need one we have much better here and we all take part

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Still have the odd snow flake blowing around in the wind! a few more small clouds around atm. Today seems colder as even in the sun my thermometer says 2.3C instead of 5-9C like over last few days. Just spoke to my dad in Norwich and he said they have loads over there, not fair atm but looks like our time could come soon!

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Looks like east wales doing well over the next days again, west wales seeing less.

Oh and its snowing very light at times here too, even though there is little cloud

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

Still have the odd snow flake blowing around in the wind! a few more small clouds around atm. Today seems colder as even in the sun my thermometer says 2.3C instead of 5-9C like over last few days. Just spoke to my dad in Norwich and he said they have loads over there, not fair atm but looks like our time could come soon!

0.8C here. Colder day than previously in the Sun.

We were getting 2.5C-ish around now last 2 days.

Posted

DS, is that thermometer knackered, or something?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

instead of 5-9C like over last few days.

5-9C? I doubt that very much

Posted

Couldn't agree more we have the callibur i Wales to do it, Swyddfa Dywydd Cymru - Wales Met Office

Had light snow here which is accumilating since 10am :S sumtimes from a sky without any clouds it's weird. Could it be blowing off the mountain? and not an actuall snow shower?

Looks like east wales doing well over the next days again, west wales seeing less.

Oh and its snowing very light at times here too, even though there is little cloud

I don't know mind swansea could do very well atm because in the next few days we have the chances of snow on everyday whereas the east doesn't currently.

Posted

DS is getting 5-9C because the thermometer is being exposed to direct sunlight all day I assume.

I get temps 1/2C off in the Morning when my thermometer is most exposed to the Sun. It falls during the Day.

I need to find a more shaded spot.

We've had that here. It's odd.