Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Rob and Dan Corbett are by far the best forecasters on the BBC. Rob loves the cold but Dan just seems in control and knows what he is on about too!

:)

not keen on Dan, he is on bbc website video, looks very good for snow, especially monday when heavy showers move persistently well inland

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Although i shouldnt but i have just looked at the latest BBC graphics and they are far much better than earlier. Bring it on i say. :)

Monday does look good, surprised as to why theres no weather warnings as it does look like it may be persistant snow fall for much of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

not keen on Dan, he is on bbc website video, looks very good for snow, especially monday when heavy showers move persistently well inland

I don't think those are showers Mark, rather the remnants of Sunday's snow.

Posted

well yet another snow shower here, really been continous all day, if tommorrow pans out like the met off warnings then theres going to be some serious accumalation in these parts. Looks like as the ppn moves North West and comes up against the Southern slopes of the Pennines starting at say Ashbourne northwards then i;, confident that the ppn will intensify. Should be enough lift over the eastern slopes to give the 15 to 30cm that the met off warn about ( although only 60% ) :whistling:

Posted

Moderate snow here, looks like there should be at least an hour of this light/moderate snowfall. I have to get to the university of leicester tomorrow as I have exams monday, how easy do you think this will should be?

Posted

Sorry my lover, nothing at this end of the A52. dry.gifunsure.gif

I've never met you, honest ohmy.gif

It is disppointing though - you track the radar - theres abig red blob over your head and there's no snow nea.gif

Maybe freebie radar is rubbish huh.gif

Took pic below - Darley Park, Derby looking fab in the snow

post-9607-12630671079442_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Moderate snow here, looks like there should be at least an hour of this light/moderate snowfall. I have to get to the university of leicester tomorrow as I have exams monday, how easy do you think this will should be?

I would leave in the morning because things will slowly get worse later on.

Posted

Hey All!!!!!

Heres my technical snow report from the depths of Long Eaton, twas snowing when I got up this morning, then stopped all day, then it has just been floaty snow since about 3pm, nothing accumulating, but very pretty all the same!!

As for the temperature......................I AM FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The boiler packed up last night so I now have no heating and no hot water arghhhhhh!!!!!! and it won't be fixed till Monday - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! though I have just ordered and eaten a very hot curry which has helped my mouth keep warm, and am washing it down with some alcohol, which might keep me a little bit warm too!!!!!!!!!

So, whats the news for tomorrow, is there any snow coming this way??!!!!!pardon.gif

Posted

It is disppointing though - you track the radar - theres abig red blob over your head and there's no snow nea.gif

Its not just the freebie radar. I had the same thing yesterday. People in the Yorkshire thread suggested that it was because snow takes a long time to fall it could technically be falling over you but being blown elsewhere.

Posted

Hey All!!!!!

Heres my technical snow report from the depths of Long Eaton, twas snowing when I got up this morning, then stopped all day, then it has just been floaty snow since about 3pm, nothing accumulating, but very pretty all the same!!

As for the temperature......................I AM FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The boiler packed up last night so I now have no heating and no hot water arghhhhhh!!!!!! and it won't be fixed till Monday - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! though I have just ordered and eaten a very hot curry which has helped my mouth keep warm, and am washing it down with some alcohol, which might keep me a little bit warm too!!!!!!!!!

So, whats the news for tomorrow, is there any snow coming this way??!!!!!pardon.gif

Lots of boilers breaking down lately, condenser boiler by any chance ?

jk.

Posted

Its not just the freebie radar. I had the same thing yesterday. People in the Yorkshire thread suggested that it was because snow takes a long time to fall it could technically be falling over you but being blown elsewhere.

Well I could buy that if it was just a small red blob - but these blobs are huge

www.raintoday.co.uk - its let me down today dry.gif

Posted

Lots of boilers breaking down lately, condenser boiler by any chance ?

jk.

Combi Boiler, one of the valves has gone :( But luckily a friend of mine who is a plumber came over and says he can get the part for Monday, so fingers crossed! In fact, everything else crossed now just to keep warm lol!!!! :)

Posted

Combi Boiler, one of the valves has gone :cold: But luckily a friend of mine who is a plumber came over and says he can get the part for Monday, so fingers crossed! In fact, everything else crossed now just to keep warm lol!!!! :cray:

:drinks: B.I.L is a plumber and heating engineer all the call outs to people with condenser boilers the problem as been condensing pipe frozen so a few kettles of boiling water did the trick, So anyone with condenser boilers should check, Save you some money and get the heating working again.

jk.

Edited by jk

Posted

cold.gif B.I.L is a plumber and heating engineer all the call outs to people with condenser boilers the problem as been condensing pipe frozen so a few kettles of boiling water did the trick, So anyone with condenser boilers should check, Save you some money and get the heating working again.

jk.

yeah, I'll bet loads of people are having probs at the mo with their boilers. What angered me even more though was British Gas!!!! We ran out of gas (am on a horrid pre-payment thingy) so I went to put the emerg on and it said 0 available!!!!! I reckon it was because they are all on about people not using gas!! But what if I was 80yrs old and couldn't get out to the shop to get any credit because of the ice/snow??!!!!! Soooooooooooo Angry diablo.gif

Anyways, off for a ciggie now (out the back to play in the snow lol!!!!!) and will be back soon!!!!

Whats the chances of snow tomorrow? and how much? Fom the latest reports it seems to be looking good!!!pardon.gif

Posted

Don't worry, just a South Western term of endearment! :good:

Oooh, I'm glad you're a Forest fan, rather than a Magpies fan. The Magpies have given us a lot of grief this season. :)

I still don't think we've had any snow falling in Nottingham since my last update, though I have been eating dinner, so could be wrong. Either way, we have tomorrow to look forward to! :)

Posted

Don't worry, just a South Western term of endearment! hi.gif

Oooh, I'm glad you're a Forest fan, rather than a Magpies fan. The Magpies have given us a lot of grief this season. dry.gif

I still don't think we've had any snow falling in Nottingham since my last update, though I have been eating dinner, so could be wrong. Either way, we have tomorrow to look forward to! pardon.gif

Forest Ladies - Derby County men's team pardon.gif Is that worse than Magpies cc_confused.gif

Posted

Damn Forest fans... that badge is making me feel sick. I look forward to the 30th of Jan.

...But back on topic, looks like the really feeble show showers are dying out.

Posted

Forest Ladies - Derby County men's team pardon.gif Is that worse than Magpies cc_confused.gif

Ohhh...I missed the ladies part. Tool I am. :(

Not at all! The only things worse than Magpies in my estimation are Southampton and Leeds, in that order! :( AFC Bournemouth fan, see.

To make this weather relevant, there's some dandruff in the air. Just flakes buffeting in the wind, if you can call them flakes. :(

Posted

just flurrie (?) flakes here!!! all floating about in the wind and nothing substantial.

Whats happening tomorrow? Are we going to get lots of snow??!!!??

Tomorrow is indeed good - you not seen the weather warning?

Risk of disruption Warning Valid from Valid to East Midlands:60% Derby60% Derbyshire60% Nottingham60% Nottinghamshire Heavy Snow 1800 Sun 10 1200 Mon 11 There is a high risk of severe weather affecting parts of northern England, the Midlands and eastern Wales. Outbreaks of snow developing on Sunday will become heavier and more persistent during late afternoon or evening and persistent through the night and into Monday morning. 5 to 15cm of fresh level snow is expected widely with 20-30cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in places. Disruption to transport networks and icing on power lines is possible.

It is expected that this Early Warning will be superseded by Flash messages.

Issued at: 1211 Sat 9 Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Forest's men's team kicked our ass last night :(

Continued light snow flurries here now, wind starting to pick up somewhat.