Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Hey supercell, from about 7 till 10 there were some amazingly heavy showers. I had to work in them laugh.gif It was quite fun although slippery as hell.. at least we have a bit on the ground. I hear tomorrows snow will be light so hoping it prolonged

Hey Demon,

Tomorrow will be interesting. It reminds me a little of recent easterly set-ups where it has snowed constantly all day, but temps have been too marginal and gave nothing but a soaking wet ground. We have the temps this time and the snow cover. Any prolonged snow will continue to build on what we have. Ice day and an initial overnight dip in temp will compact it furter. This is new to me too. Snow on top of snow building over time. Snow events !

Great photos, Phil. The countryside looks so beautiful Your snowman certainly appears well fed on snow !

Edited by Supercell

Posted

I have two a level exams in the coming week :| and this weather isnt looking brilliant for the college being open! and ill have to wait until the summer to do them when we also have our other exams but i dont see how this could be fair on us really because our grades are more likely to be lower grrr its just stressing me out ahha :|!! I love the look of outside though aha :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I have two a level exams in the coming week :| and this weather isnt looking brilliant for the college being open! and ill have to wait until the summer to do them when we also have our other exams but i dont see how this could be fair on us really because our grades are more likely to be lower grrr its just stressing me out ahha :|!! I love the look of outside though aha :closedeyes:

My school will remain open for exams if it has to close, I would have thought most schools would do this.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Another cm of snow this morning and it's snowing again now! Never known so much snow :(

Notice the MetO have put their weather warning back on for tomorrow!

Posted

Had some light showers here today.

Meto forecast snow here continuous from 6pm Saturday until Tuesday.

Meto warning also here for wednesday, yet they show bright sunshine as forecast.

The snow approaching from the SE seems to be growing as the further NW it moves.

Posted

My school will remain open for exams if it has to close, I would have thought most schools would do this.

Thats exactly what i thought, but on the news it said thousands of students will miss exams because of the weather. But i think they said even if were shut come in because someone will be here. So even if its shut im getting there some how!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I must be the biggest idiot there is. I just took my dog for a walk across the park and I didn't put any gloves on.. BIG mistake. Now I can hardly move my fingers and they are painful as heck :shok:

Took a few nice pics though at the cost of my fingers :shok:

Pick of the bunch...

post-2115-12630465584942_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Might just squeeze an ice-day today...currently -0.2C, judging by the last few days, about now is the daily max...That'll be 4 ice-days on the bounce

I must be the biggest idiot there is. I just took my dog for a walk across the park and I didn't put any gloves on.. BIG mistake. Now I can hardly move my fingers and they are painful as heck :(

Took a few nice pics though at the cost of my fingers :shok:

Pick of the bunch...

I'll second that!.... :shok:

Posted

Yeah i copped around 9cm earlier in the week and with the continuing cold temps.it`s stayed crisp and even.

It`s always suprising how snow depths can vary so much within a few miles.

Anyway let`s hope for some more for everyone in the next few days before inevitably the cold starts to lose it`s grip.

I took these yesterday when out for my run.All within a mile or 2 of my house.

Look forward to seeing your snow photos when you have been out tomorrow.

The middle photo is the fields behind my back garden wall.

By the way i can`t claim any credit for the snowman-that was built by a neighbour,but i thought he was a good un.

Great pictures Phil :shok: I think your snowman ate all the Christmas pies!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Great pictures Phil biggrin.gif I think your snowman ate all the Christmas pies!

He's claiming it was his neighbour's. I don't believe him !

The sky has cleared here. I think that now heralds a change as we begin to look to the SE.

What a fantastic cold spell this is, had a top up with heavy snow last night and then some heavy snow showers earlier this morning, it feels bitterly cold out there in that wind and in wide open country spaces it feels like you are at the north pole :clap:

The snow is starting to drift too giving nice deep snow cover, very wintry scene out in the countryside and perfect for walking, wrap up warm though :lol:

And don't go out without gloves on unless you want numb hands. :lol:

Nearby comyn is full of people, absolutely teething with people enjoying the cold and snow, now who says the public doesnt like snow, to me it seems they do with loads of happy people around and people tell me they love this kind of weather and hate the usual mild dull drizzly crap.

Posted

to me it seems they do with loads of happy people around and people tell me they love this kind of weather and hate the usual mild dull drizzly crap.

Agreed! When I went out with my dog there was loads of people about. Adults pulling kids on sledges, kids making snowmen and having snowball fights. Incredible to see so many people having fun and it's all down to the Weather.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Temp starting to drop again here at the moment, a question to the more knowledgeable than poor old me - Would a drop in temp help to pep up the showers at all? :cc_confused:

Posted

I must be the biggest idiot there is. I just took my dog for a walk across the park and I didn't put any gloves on.. BIG mistake. Now I can hardly move my fingers and they are painful as heck :(

Took a few nice pics though at the cost of my fingers :lol:

Pick of the bunch...

I can rival that. I just popped down to the supermarket in my car. Now, in order to get going, I had to get the snow off the car. So, I did what any mildly sensible person would do, so I turned on the ignition and whacked the heater up, then proceeded to scrape the snow off the car. When it got to the windscreen, I thought "hey, I could use the windscreen wipers for that" - so I gave them a wipe to see all the snow come off...right into the driver's seat because I'd left the driver door open. Silly boy. :oops::doh:

Still, I have pictures of what happens when the Nottingham Snow Shield is on the blink! :cc_confused:

post-7705-12630472762042_thumb.jpg

post-7705-12630473384242_thumb.jpg

post-7705-12630474012642_thumb.jpg

post-7705-12630474294042_thumb.jpg

Posted

Looks like I will get an ice day, making it the 4th consecutive one. -1.6c here after maxing out at -1.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hey all, still beaming from this mornings snow!! NG5 now has 2" on the ground! yahoo.gif and I must say I am VERY IMPRESSED with Meto warnings!!!! This might be the event I've been waiting for!!!! Lots more snow showers coming in now from NE after a pretty dry few hours!! Lets hope they stay together for more snow!!!!

I also went to the park this morning to walk my dog with NO GLOVES!! My head was killing from my ears hurting from the cold. Naos had fun in the snow though hee-hee

post-8050-12630483183942_thumb.jpg

post-8050-12630484823242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lots of reports of Blizzards in the SE and big flakes. :)

Posted

Hey all, still beaming from this mornings snow!! NG5 now has 2" on the ground! yahoo.gif and I must say I am VERY IMPRESSED with Meto warnings!!!! This might be the event I've been waiting for!!!! Lots more snow showers coming in now from NE after a pretty dry few hours!! Lets hope they stay together for more snow!!!!

I also went to the park this morning to walk my dog with NO GLOVES!! My head was killing from my ears hurting from the cold. Naos had fun in the snow though hee-hee

At this moment in time the only places in the warnings in the Central Midlands is Nottingham and Derby, no Leicester at the moment :) I'll go APE if you see heavy snow and I don't :)

Posted

Moderate snowfall with large flakes here. Shame they are only brief showers or I could get a cm or two out of all this.

Posted

Lots of reports of Blizzards in the SE and big flakes. :rofl:

Hopefully will be us tomorrow! They are getting pasted down there though, radar shows no sign of letting off for them :yahoo:

Anyone watching the darts? OOONEE HUNDREEED AND EEEIIGHTEEEEY!! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Blimey look at the channel streamer on the radar.. hitting the exact same area of france that it did yesterday. There must be several feet of snow there now :yahoo::yahoo: