Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Just had a 5 minute snow shower here in Telford with massive flakes :wacko: , started to give a dusting on all the areas which the snow had gone but its almost stopped now, just flurries gently falling in the hazy sunshine.

Looking good tommorow evening/night unless it moves further north...then the potential finally for a proper stalled snow event on Tuesday as its the perfect kind of setup to bring snow for the West Midlands, the type we do best out of.

Edited by conor123

Posted

They've just come to fill up our grit box. However the van has got stuck so instead of filling up the boxes, they're using it under their wheels.

I'm not sure I could deal with another week of this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just off topic for a minute but... Did anyone feel a tremor early on this morning around 7am? I was in bed and I woke up because of a feeling my bed was being violently shook. I thought it was an earth tremor but no one in here has mentioned it and it's not on the news either :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

They took it down yesterday but they fully should put it back up. Recent runs seem to have broguht us back in the game more.

I can't understand why they have done this, its even gone for the East Midlands! BBC weather forecasts thismorning clearly show tomorrows snowfall quite widespread and stretching further north, say, manchester/leeds area. I have seen moderate snowfall today with more showers packing in towards this area, by monday morning, travelling anywhere here will most likely be quite difficult and dangerous?

Posted

i have to say the bbc graphics have really annoyed me today. this morning, alex deakin was showing snow showers on and off for most of tomorrow with the graphics, then three or so hours later, the bbc are showing the odd shower making it into the midlands, but a very weak band of snow all in all. what sort of message is that supposed to give. another reason to bring back the old school graphics, play it safer!

Posted

They took it down yesterday but they fully should put it back up. Recent runs seem to have broguht us back in the game more.

Hope so. :o :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just off topic for a minute but... Did anyone feel a tremor early on this morning around 7am? I was in bed and I woke up because of a feeling my bed was being violently shook. I thought it was an earth tremor but no one in here has mentioned it and it's not on the news either :o

No earthquake sites reporting anything etc. :o

Posted

Just off topic for a minute but... Did anyone feel a tremor early on this morning around 7am? I was in bed and I woke up because of a feeling my bed was being violently shook. I thought it was an earth tremor but no one in here has mentioned it and it's not on the news either :o

that's just excitment at the thought of more snow :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

i have to say the bbc graphics have really annoyed me today. this morning, alex deakin was showing snow showers on and off for most of tomorrow with the graphics, then three or so hours later, the bbc are showing the odd shower making it into the midlands, but a very weak band of snow all in all. what sort of message is that supposed to give. another reason to bring back the old school graphics, play it safer!

Indeed it has completely got the wrong forecast for us today!!!

It shows quite scattered snow tomorrow bit in reality i expect there will be quite a large area with light to moderate snow. There always seems to be more Precip than they show.

Posted

Things further North on the UKMO 00z run for Tomorrow.

Good news!

Increasingly Snowy through out the day for us I would guess , I took these pictures yesterday as I was passing your street , you will have to let me know if you have abit more this morning.

post-2826-12630348873542_thumb.jpg

post-2826-12630350991542_thumb.jpg

post-2826-12630351834642_thumb.jpg

post-2826-12630352605542_thumb.jpg

Posted

Woke up to Radio 4 this morning. Forecast said at 8am that today for the West Midlands would be dry and sunny with an outside chance of the odd flurry.

Last hour has seen light to moderate snow and it looks like theres more to come.

Just stopped snowing now.

Posted

Just off topic for a minute but... Did anyone feel a tremor early on this morning around 7am? I was in bed and I woke up because of a feeling my bed was being violently shook. I thought it was an earth tremor but no one in here has mentioned it and it's not on the news either blink.gif

Sorry about that!! me and the Mrs tend to get over excited at times.whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just off topic for a minute but... Did anyone feel a tremor early on this morning around 7am? I was in bed and I woke up because of a feeling my bed was being violently shook. I thought it was an earth tremor but no one in here has mentioned it and it's not on the news either :blink:

That was the Nottingham snow shield falling down, but it should be back up by about 1pm.

Posted

Woke up to Radio 4 this morning. Forecast said at 8am that today for the West Midlands would be dry and sunny with an outside chance of the odd flurry.

Last hour has seen light to moderate snow and it looks like theres more to come.

Just stopped snowing now.

WELL! that forecast is spot on for my area so far! it has been dry and sunny all morning here! woke up to a slight dusting tho

Posted

Just purchased The Sun newspaper and turned a few pages to see Shrewsbury's Prostar Stadium plastered over a double page. Looks an absolute picture with a crisp, even covering of snow.

I would've been there today but it's been psotponed, obviously. Try and take a peak, it looks magnificent

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

If this can make it over the peaks, we're in business. It will weaken, but if it can hold together

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Moderate snow again here, decent sized flakes, but sun is out as well so it is probably a very brief and very isolated shower.

Posted

Indeed it has completely got the wrong forecast for us today!!!

It shows quite scattered snow tomorrow bit in reality i expect there will be quite a large area with light to moderate snow. There always seems to be more Precip than they show.

i think you're right tbh, light to moderate snow with the odd heavier burst. things could get interesting into next week, as the battleground commences, with the atlantic trying to make inroads, and giving very heavy snow for some areas, but i do suspect its only a matter of time before things get less cold, but perhaps not mild. it is interesting what they say about el nino winters and a tendancy for more northern blocking in late jan/feb. however, gp is tending towards a messier cluster of synoptics, with perhaps a milder february the form horse. still though, things could change, and if the stratosphere warms up, it could be game on again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Increasingly Snowy through out the day for us I would guess , I took these pictures yesterday as I was passing your street , you will have to let me know if you have abit more this morning.

post-2826-12630348873542_thumb.jpg

post-2826-12630350991542_thumb.jpg

post-2826-12630351834642_thumb.jpg

post-2826-12630352605542_thumb.jpg

OMG LOL, what time did you take them!!?? I went down to that doctors on the corner where you took those photos from at around 3:20pm, looks around the same time you took them with the position of the sun lol. I live up the top of that big hill, around here now there is 3 inches in the parts where the snow was untouched from Tuesdays event and our road is covered too.

Posted

Moderate snow again here, decent sized flakes, but sun is out as well so it is probably a very brief and very isolated shower.

Well, it's looking like Cannock will get what we had, so you might be surprised how long the snow lasts for!

Posted

They got the forecast totally wrong here... said there would be no snow here last night and none this morning, both have occured and looks like there's more on the way from the wash :blink:

Edited by Strider

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I think Gloucestershire has done pretty well out of this so far :-)

I keep wondering every morning if there has been fresh snowfall because there's still 5 inches of snow outside, with no thaw and an ungritted/ploughed road!

Still, I'm looking forward to some more this weekend and hopefully some more decent falls next week during the possible Atlantic attack :yahoo:

Posted

Had about an hour of steady light snow last night, another shower overnight and whilst out walking this morning another 30-35mins of moderate - heavy snow. Snow levels steadily getting higher, just had another 2-3 minute heavy shower. More to come this weekend :-)