Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Aha, I see the culprit of the snowflakes. Got a visual on the shower which is currently to my NNE, butlooks like it will just slide to my NW. Anyway, more snowflakes falling here now. Should give a slight dusting if it is heavy enough.

Edit: woah, it's coming down now!!

u lucky bugger tongue.gif

Posted

Looking at the lastest radar, my previous comment is completly wrong! Shows what i know!

Lots more showers developing more towards the south. I reckon that Solihull, Redditch and Bromsgrove should get in on some showers later.

oohhhh goodie clap.gif

Posted

Yaaayy another big flake snow shower here :D This is terrific, must be the 5th heavy snow shower since midnight here.

Have you been up since then? You tart! :unsure:

Some dandruff on the wind in the gun capital, probably blowing snow off the ground, the sun is beating down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Have you been up since then? You tart! :D

Some dandruff on the wind in the gun capital, probably blowing snow off the ground, the sun is beating down!

Nope I fell asleep about 2am and woke up at 10am :D I checked the radar though and ran it back and could see that we had about 4 snow showers overnight :unsure:

IF tomorrow delivers another 5cm on top of what we have already here it will be the best snow event I have witnessed here in my life. There is currently about 8cm on the grass and 6cm on hard surfaces and if this breaks the 12cm mark it will be equal or better than Feb 2009.

It is already better than that Feb event in some ways... The first is the fact that the snow hasn't melted even off the road for 5 days straight which is highly unusual here. Secondly... The snow has actually settled around our backdoor alleyway part and when it snows it usually ALWAYS melts round there because it's inbetween 2 houses but this time it's not melted 1 bit, even right upto the house it's not melted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Our Met Office advisory is back for tomorrow! :)

Posted

West Midlands: Herefordshire Shropshire Staffordshire Stoke-on-Trent Telford + Wrekin W Midlands Warwickshire WorcestershireHeavy SnowSun 10 JanThere is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of England and Wales.

Further outbreaks of snow, some heavy and prolonged, with accumulations of 2 to 5 cm generally and locally around 5-10cm over high ground. Strong winds will cause drifting of snow. There will also be further icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Issued at: 1158 Sat 9 Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Decent fall? Dark blue echoes indicate heavy snowfall. Dark greens indicate heavy-very heavy snowfall, and then anything above this such as light green or peach or orange echoes indicate very heavy snowfall to almost whiteout conditions, provided there is already snow on the ground. So if anyone is situated under dark blue and/or dark green coloured echoes on Radar, they are most likely experiencing heavy snowfall. Which was the case for me on Tuesday morning.

Anyway shower has almost gone, didn't leave anything on its travels here as most of the snow was been blown around in the light-moderate breeze.

Sorry i meant on the traditional version of the radar. You must use a different one. You use the original one i take it?

Heavy Blowing snow all over the place now. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

At least the Met Office advisory is back!

Posted

Ah right. :D I use the Netweather original because the traditional one doesn't show how intense the precip is if it's gone over the 32mm per hour mark. Regading the Met Office advisory, didn't I say yesterday that they woud re-issue it for the west Midlands? I was confident they would, and when I'm confident, I rarely wrong. :D

Edit: Good lord, snow is falling heavy now!

These showers are great. Large flakes blowing all over the place now. :D

Posted

Sorry i meant on the traditional version of the radar. You must use a different one. You use the original one i take it?

Heavy Blowing snow all over the place now. :D

Traditional radar type with smoothed edges FTW. None of that pixelated nonsense.

Thats my preference :D

Posted

Heavy snow here with quite a bright sky. Either show the wind taking effect or how localised showers are?

Doesn't matter, as the snow already there has gained a cm or 2 and it's managed to settle on a few warmed surfaces (roads, used cars), it's managed to melt a bit but it's cooling down fast.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Traditional radar type with smoothed edges FTW. None of that pixelated nonsense.

Thats my preference :D

Same. I will use orginal radar when showers are over 32mm-Rarely! But yeah Traditional and Smoothed owns! :D

Posted

If the radar is right then that shower came from 1-2mm/hr intensity. GREAT! :D

Posted

For some, not others. :D The NG7 Snow Shield is back with avengance! :clap:

The LE3 snow shield is forever dead now :D Another 15 minute 50p sized flakes shower just finished. The shield has just had it's last breath.

R.I.P LE3 snow shield.

If the radar is right then that shower came from 1-2mm/hr intensity. GREAT! :D

It's incredible isn't it? 1-2mm an hour intensity showers on the radar are causing 50p sized snowflakes here, I can't imagine in the current conditions what a 10mm an hour snow shower would produce :clap: Armageddon probably.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Butler_son, I would take a look at the warnings again, you will be very pleasantly surprised!