Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

It is still snowing here, we have even had a light dusting/

Same here... if it was a little heavier then it would be a whole different story. It was settling very well early and the main road has patches of snow. I've noticed that about 4 or 5 cars the snow has thawed on the windscreen :S

Oh and who is that with the red hair in your Avatar Marcus_S?

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

Hope you all get some snow. I can't see now ! Someone has turned out the street lamps at 1230 and I aint standing outside the front door with a torch counting snow flakes...bed for me

If it snows overnight then ill see it in the morning...pesky radar showing it passing me right by....no doubt that will change....Abergavenny isn't far away but far enough...it may be snowing there but it may stay dry all night here...

Good luck all

Cwmbran SEWales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Same here... if it was a little heavier then it would be a whole different story. It was settling very well early and the main road has patches of snow. I've noticed that about 4 or 5 cars the snow has thawed on the windscreen :S

Oh and who is that with the red hair in your Avatar Marcus_S?

hayley williams from Paramore

Posted

hayley williams from Paramore

thought so, preferred the other picture though.

Back on topic currently very light snow, not expecting much unless some stuff near Hampshire makes it here and peps up.

Posted

have had another 3 inches here overnight

Posted

Joe B from accuweather's take on the next couple of weeks/months

SUNDAY 6:00 PM LONDON TIME

WINTERS ICY GRIP TO RELEASE JAN 15-25, BUT BACK FOR FEB.

The physical drivers for the overall cold winter remains. The atlantic tripole, the warm, cold warm profile from the north atlantic to off the southeast US coast favors a negative nao. The central Pacific remains the focus of the nino. In addition the mei is similar to where it was it previous years when there was major cold over parts of Europe, but the problem is where.

I remain partial to 02-03 which had a nasty February, however as bad as the first half of Jan has been over the northwest part of Europe, I think February will have the worse part of winter relative to averages from Germany eastward into Russia. There is likely to be more cold further southeast than there has been. The message is that winter, which will retreat over the continent to some degree in its severity will return but the worst will be over in the northwest compared to the areas targeted. So the Battle of Britain and Francemag-glass_10x10.gif this winter, while not over, will be more of a skirmish than what it has been.

Now let me be clear. If it had not been so bad, lets say it had been as Hadley (Exeter) had said (mild winter forecasted from the met), I would be telling you that February would be a wintery month. But I dont think relative to the 30 days ending 15 Jan, it will be able to compete. So when reading this, I have to rely on you to understand.. there are two things that I am trying to draw attention too, what it should be in relation to normal and what it has been. And by the way I think Feb 15-Mar 14 is as cold as Jan 15-Feb 14... as the reload may mean some ugly weather deep into March.

So winter is not over..but the current siege will let up. I will be updating you as I can a firm handle, but if I am going to tell you when its going to get brutal before it does, I owe it to you to tell you when it will get warmer. I cant answer email on specific sites as this is a general column to show the generalities of the pattern and to make the major points.. like this winter was not going to be a walk in the park, at least not one without overcoats and snow boots

From all the signs and forecasters it looks like quite a lot of wales is in for a pasting from tomorrow lunchtime onwards into a fair bit of wednesday as well - with high winds and heavy snow! - this applies especially to south east wales!!!!!

got some light snow here now - seems to be coming in from the south now!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

weather is very dull with light snow at the moment although the sky looks full of the white stuff .

Posted

A dusting of wet snow overnight (early this morning I think from about 4am-7am) in Machynlleth, with the thaw really setting in.

On the way to work however around 0830 coming through the villages of Derwenlas to Taliesin (basically a couple of miles either side of the Powys/Ceredigion border on the A487) was quite a heavy pocket of thick snow cloud - pelting down with snow with that section of road having a good inch on on it, with more coming. Interestingly, car thermometer showed temp as -1C. Once out of the pocket of snow temp came up to +0.5C, with clear roads and no rain/sleet/snow at all.

Funny old weather this ain't it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Looks like I might be in school Tuesday then off school wednesday. My snow is only 3inches thick now, at the start of yesterday it was over 6inches.

Currently snowing moderatly though temperture falling to around the freezing mark again.

Posted

i work outside all through the year and always carry a lot of kit this time of year.it looks from the reports i`ve just seen on bbc news 24 just now we are in for a tough time tomorrow through wed,gov are bringing extra grit supplies to west country and wales because they are worried about amount of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Heavy settling snow here, snow starting to pile back up on the 3inches we got alredy.

Posted

Netweather/BBC/ forecast both giving sleet tomorrow for Caerphilly

Met Office giving snow until Wednesday then turning to sleet

Thought BBC took their guidance from the met

So who will be right, can see this ending up being a nothing event down the south

Posted

The meto have orange warning for heavy snow for tuesday 12 0nwards but net weather have heavy rain which forecast should people go by?

Posted

morning

trying to snow here in port talbot few flakes in the air but dont think it will come to much to me it is too warm very mild current temp as of 10:30 is 1.3c with a dew point of 0.4c

but the sky do look full of it

will see what happens play it by ear now as i have not much trust in forcast anymore

good luck everybody hope you get loads over the next 24h even thou i dont think im going to get much

Posted

morning

trying to snow here in port talbot few flakes in the air but dont think it will come to much to me it is too warm very mild current temp as of 10:30 is 1.3c with a dew point of 0.4c

but the sky do look full of it

will see what happens play it by ear now as i have not much trust in forcast anymore

good luck everybody hope you get loads over the next 24h even thou i dont think im going to get much

Edited by madian2

Posted

The meto have orange warning for heavy snow for tuesday 12 0nwards but net weather have heavy rain which forecast should people go by?

Met Office, although the way that models and forecasters are struggling with this you may as well just draw straws. :(

Posted

light snow for the past hour or so now near Aberystwyth. Very light, but as has been posted elsewhere, 'the sky looks full of it'.

Impster