Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes they were- but a good deal of that melted in the rain today.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well thankyou for the thread, hopefully all the news about the east returning next week will mean the return of our thread.drinks.gif

Fingers crossed.

Posted

Apologies if this has been posted before but Hitler's thoughts on the snow in Suffolk gave us a good laugh today.

John

Edited by Rezillo

Apologies if this has been posted before but Hitler's thoughts on the snow in Suffolk gave us a good laugh today.

John

That was brilliant

I suppose a song from the war as the hours tick by to the close of this thread would be appropriate 'We'll Meet Again.............' you know the rest:D

Chris

Edited by Chris Mantle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Thank you for giving us our own thread, if only for a brief time. We Three County folk usually end up in a no man's land limbo on weather forecast maps.

Perhaps next time we have a big snow 'event' (hate that term) we can have our thread back?

yeah it was good fun and got to know our more local posters a bit better!!! can't wait for the thread reunion!!

Posted

John

Lol

That is cool - I made one in the Summer about the lack of Decent Spanish Plume Thuderstorms - These are relatively easy to make if anyone else wants to do another!

Posted

Hi all,

Yes tis a great shame that we in 'no mans shires' will lose our thread. Have learned a lot in the few days I've been on this site. Still I reckon next week may get a little interesting with a possible ressurection of the thread.

Perhaps we may ask for a 'Thorm' thread in the months to come so we can follow the lightningwhistling.gif

tara4now

Tringaling

Posted

Lol

That is cool - I made one in the Summer about the lack of Decent Spanish Plume Thuderstorms - These are relatively easy to make if anyone else wants to do another!

Personally I like the one when he hears that Micheal Owen's late winner in the Manchester Derby! Great vid Paul though!

Posted

My last post before were shut down.

It's been fun, it's been emotional, it's been snowy and it's been icy.

The snow is still on the ground here despite some heavy rain today but the fog has been coming and going tonight, lets hope this thread is opened next week again! :unsure:

We have had great snowfalls here and tomorrow marks the 9th day of snow on the ground here, good luck everyone.

Goodnight 3 Counties and EA, where ever you are.

Posted

Okey Dokey!

Due to lots of pleading from various members on the Different Regional Forums Have spoken with the powers that be................and

Tomorrow there will be a New Sub Forum above this one near where the Snow Reports Live called "Regional Threads" and all the Regionals are going to be moved there and stay put for the winter, so this thread will be kept open until tomorrow when it will be moved into it's new home!

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Okey Dokey!

Due to lots of pleading from various members on the Different Regional Forums Have spoken with the powers that be................and

Tomorrow there will be a New Sub Forum above this one near where the Snow Reports Live called "Regional Threads" and all the Regionals are going to be moved there and stay put for the winter, so this thread will be kept open until tomorrow when it will be moved into it's new home!

Regards

Paul S

Thanks Paul! :good:

But I wasted my time on my very nice last post! :D :unsure: :drinks:

Posted

GREAT ta muchly......good to see that Mods on here have some compassion drinks.gif . OR they've seen the discussions on the model threads and had second thoughts about return of cold weather!!!

tara4now

Tringaling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

John

made me laugh so much it hurt - thank you

thought he'd choose to go to Kent tho

Posted

"Regional Threads"

...what a bit like the met office map? Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Iran, Oxfordshire, Sussex and Kentsnowshire...

please explain... so as not to have to trawl all the posts

Posted

...what a bit like the met office map? Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Iran, Oxfordshire, Sussex and Kentsnowshire...

please explain... so as not to have to trawl all the posts

???? What is there to explain - If you live in the Part of Hertfordshire that is within the Greater London boundary then go to the London thread if not stay put, or you could even flit between the 2, most people seem to be able to get the grip of this. Most of Southern Essex get the London News whereas areas to the North and East of the region get "Look East" for instance, there is never going to be a thread that pleases everyone. :rolleyes:

Posted

???? What is there to explain - If you live in the Part of Hertfordshire that is within the Greater London boundary then go to the London thread if not stay put, or you could even flit between the 2, most people seem to be able to get the grip of this. Most of Southern Essex get the London News whereas areas to the North and East of the region get "Look East" for instance, there is never going to be a thread that pleases everyone. :rolleyes:

yes sorry if I missinterpreted earlier posts.. I was just asking where to look for my region since it has changed over the weeks.. I live in Herts. No harm meant. Are you suggesting a Herts thread or merely a SE, or Greater London, subjective (where is it exactly?) just wanted to know which thread I should look out for... no worries I'll just find one where "most" seem to get a grip.

Posted

SC It will generally be the same as now just a new Sub Forum in the winter area (a bit like the Snow Reports above is in it's own Sub Forum) This is too free up the other threads in the winter area like the CET Thread and the Stratosphere Thread which get pushed down to page 2 & 3 for example. The Sub Forum will be called Regional Cold Spell Discussion threads or something like that and in there will be the threads we have been using for the past 2 weeks, lets just hope they get used and the Atlantic does not roar in :rolleyes:

Posted

SC It will generally be the same as now just a new Sub Forum in the winter area (a bit like the Snow Reports above is in it's own Sub Forum) This is too free up the other threads in the winter area like the CET Thread and the Stratosphere Thread which get pushed down to page 2 & 3 for example. The Sub Forum will be called Regional Cold Spell Discussion threads or something like that and in there will be the threads we have been using for the past 2 weeks, lets just hope they get used and the Atlantic does not roar in :rolleyes:

Cheers Paul, much appreciated:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Okey Dokey!

Regards

Paul S

That's great news, I just popped in to say 'bye for now' so now I will say 'see you on our new regional thread' instead !

Still got at least 50% snow cover here, and another damp and foggy night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Overnight minimum temp of -0.2c. Rain, heavy at times started 08:30, noticable breeze from SE making it feel very unpleasent. Current temp 1.3c and rain now stopped. Snow still lying in garden but path's now clear.

Posted

This thread has been ideal for us Three Counties folk, or as someone else called us , in the 'no man shires' Thank you again.

???? What is there to explain - If you live in the Part of Hertfordshire that is within the Greater London boundary then go to the London thread if not stay put, or you could even flit between the 2, most people seem to be able to get the grip of this. Most of Southern Essex get the London News whereas areas to the North and East of the region get "Look East" for instance, there is never going to be a thread that pleases everyone. :shok:

Posted

Although I'm not currently located in this region, the cold spell was one of the best I remember for my home, with a week of snow before Christmas then a week or so of below average temperatures, before a colder spell with 4 days in a row below freezing and a total of 9 days in a row below 1c. When I left on Tuesday it was 2c but I know there was some snow on Wednesday before rain Thursday and Friday. Whilst still not at average temperatures just yet, this cold spell will go down as one of the most severe for 20/30 years, especially for this region.

I'm rather looking forward to some proper wet and windy winter weather now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I have nothing further to add except to express a hope that I am the last person to post on this regional thread before it takes its new form! :cold:

I'll also take this opportunity to express my curiosity about why it is the BBC group up Herts with Beds and Bucks as "the three counties". Not that I have anything against Beds or Bucks, but I do wonder why Berkshire, with its smaller population and smaller area, warrants its own BBC local station and news site whereas we do not! :drinks:

Edited by Timmytour

Posted

Great GFS 12z, it would bring a EASTERLY here by the end of next week, in conjuction with the collapse of El Nino (Warming of the Pacific). But not yet a trend so there is plenty of twists and turns ahead.