Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 6

Posted

Oh no you don't Snowman :blush:

Well TEITS has his sign for the Easterly :blush: ..... he shared it on the model thread if you want to know

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Not talking about your prediction....just your claim to have the last ever post on the region thread!!! :blush:

Edited by Timmytour

Posted

No, Im gonna make it! Tomorrow may bring something a little wintry in the front, especially in the morning, sleet and wet snow possible, but any snow that does fall wont settle

Posted

No, Im gonna make it! Tomorrow may bring something a little wintry in the front, especially in the morning, sleet and wet snow possible, but any snow that does fall wont settle

No me! <_<

Damn snow means St. Albans City's home match tomorrow has been postponed, still over an inch of snow on the pitch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

o so quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Dont look to the east for our next REAL cold spell, look to pressure building to the south of us at the end of the month and then pushing

north over scandernavia.

This is what happend prior to christmas and I think this may happen again, time will tell.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well TEITS has his sign for the Easterly drinks.gif ..... he shared it on the model thread if you want to know

I saw TEITS post earlier and I'm not at all surprised.

I mentioned the seagulls on here a few days ago and we are about as far from the sea as you can get here in MK, it has been like Hitchcock's 'The Birds' on a couple of occasions and each time guess what happened next !

It just proves that nature and animals have a better idea of what weather is coming next than we do biggrin.gif

o so quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and so peaceful until...................

Zing boom, the sky caves in,

wow bam, you blow your fuse clap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Very heavy rain overnight and continuing, has now washed away all the snow. Temp rose during the night to a max of 5.1c and now at 3.5c with a stiff breeze from SE. Pressure falling and currently 1003.7

Posted

Hmmm - just got a Met Office advisory for heavy snow on Wednesday... cc_confused.gif

Yes, our part of the country will have the coldest temps next week, possible snow event Wednesday and Friday according to the FAX charts

Posted

Hi all,

Deadly quiet on here today! Is it because all our snow has gone? Not even any comments on what the models are, or not, showing in relation to our 'no mans shires'.

Mayhap we'll have a short lived snow event this week........mayhap we won't....but interesting none the less. I think we'll have a couple of frosts as well and it is cold/mild as opposed to the mild/mild we have grown accustomed to in recent years. All in all a cold winter so far and the possibility of it continuing to be so in due course.

Not even any real comments on the Seagull revelation of 'TEITS'!!!!! As an ornithologist I would like to know a little more on this....does anyone else know this Seagull weather lore? or any other weather lore relating to animals and birds?(except for the very discredited cows lying down forecasting rainwhistling.gif ).

tara4now

Tringaling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well met/o warning still there (sorry ADVISORY)... Models look better now i think, Have to say tuesday be better for state of play.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Hi all

Well all our snow got washed away saturdaycray.gif and we had a high of 6c.

I looked on the BBC weather saturday and it had forcast heavy snow for wednesday, but when i looked today its forcasting sleet!!wallbash.gif

Would be nice to get some more snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It was quite a cold and frosty start here first thing but it has turned out to be a lovely bright and sunny day.

The last bit of snow on my drive (where it was piled up high from clearing the path) is still there, only because it is out of the sun.

I have seen the Countryfile forecast and had a Met O 'advisory' for SNOW on Wednesday, anyone think this may come to more than some wintery showers for our part of the country?

Posted

Hi all,

Reckon that Wednesday will be rain/sleet then snow for a while before returning back to rain unfortunately, although I am often wrong. I can not see a return to real cold conditions for some while yet and probably not too long lasting either. However the set up is very interesting and confidence in any forecast more than 4 days off is low.

tara4now

Tringaling

Posted

Some very intense cold from the models in deep FI (Fantasy Island). With many signals, I seriously believe another cold spell will be upon us soon, probably around the 27th at this stage.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

would anyone agree that the trends and models we are seeing now look very similar to last decembers before the last severe cold spell hit, as what we have current seems to be a copy more or less prior to it. Think things will change pretty quick from tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

would anyone agree that the trends and models we are seeing now look very similar to last decembers before the last severe cold spell hit, as what we have current seems to be a copy more or less prior to it. Think things will change pretty quick from tuesday.

See my previous post on this page, I think a euro high forming will give us mildish weather for a time but then ridge slightly north

alowing cold air to pour in, but not till the end of the month, What do the experts think ?pardon.gif