Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 6

Posted

Steve, looking at raintoday I can see that we enjoyed quite a spell of "heavier" snow but that an amazing "clear finger" sprang up out of nowhere just to the north of us and to the south of Bishop's Storford so I'm guessing you must have been in this "finger". Look like that is really the front beginning to fizzle out so on this occasion we've been lucky to be just far south enough to catch it. It is still snowing back home, but very lightly now and I doubt it will stick around like last wednesday's snow did.

Yes run the NW radar sequence for CM21 and you'll see how Sawbridgeworth and Harlow, were just north of some heavier snow. I am off to dismantle the shield.

Posted

Rain has turned into snizzle, doubt anything will settle unless it turns into snow and gets very very heavy ! biggrin.gif

Just had to go up to the window to see that there is something falling from the sky here, similar stuff, very very light snizzle lol eurgh. another miss for Peterborough lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Meltz I live up near Vandyke but the kids are at school near you. I can't believe that the upper schools have now shut and a few middle schools but the lower schools are staying open. Ours seems determined to stay open til 3:15. It is madness out there on the roads and I have watched the Gilbert's kids on their way home slipping all over the paths. I am glad I decided not to take mine in today as 3pm will be chaos!

While I appreciate the schools trying to open I also think it is rather silly and forcing unnecessary traffic on already dangerous roads.

i agree and to open then send them home makes it pointless opening!! Just saw a few pupils from gilberts slipping over my self! Its going to be chaos later in town and outside calls that are still open, Highfield road is dreadful!! good luck if you have to go out in it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Yes run the NW radar sequence for CM21 and you'll see how Sawbridgeworth and Harlow, were just north of some heavier snow. I am off to dismantle the shield.

:lol:

Hammer, you called this well :drinks: In terms of what we were told by the BBC 48 hours ahead the weekend promised us a fair bit and delivered nothing whereas today showed nothing and delivered around 3cm... at least to us. Sorry you guys missed out on most of it now.

I'm amazed at how it's sticking around at home, albeit light. I'm also wondering if some sort of Thames Streamer is setting up to deliver still more :wallbash:

Posted

yeap its thawing slowly as my wind speedometer is off and running again ,i did say yeaterday mild air would follow it :wallbash:

Posted

i agree and to open then send them home makes it pointless opening!! Just saw a few pupils from gilberts slipping over my self! Its going to be chaos later in town and outside calls that are still open, Highfield road is dreadful!! good luck if you have to go out in it!!

I am going nowhere today! I got my food shopping done yesterday so I have no reason to leave the house. I am all set for it to snow for the next week at least (wishful thinking I know LOL)

Posted

oooh oooh oooooooooh Snow here now, not settling ATM, coming down fast, noticeable through the window voiles! Fingers crossed x

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

Is there a Sea Horse of heavier snow at 12.45 on raintoday to the east of us? Surprised to see it perk up there when so much seems to be fizzling out. Could it be pivoting. if so we might just get a little more snow early this evening....even in Sawbo! :wallbash:

Posted

Getting heavy snow now, starting to stick to cars and roads increasingly slushy looking. Any ideas how big a band of PPN this is going to be?

Posted

Is there a Sea Horse of heavier snow at 12.45 on raintoday to the east of us? Surprised to see it perk up there when so much seems to be fizzling out. Could it be pivoting. if so we might just get a little more snow early this evening....even in Sawbo! :shok:

Remarkably the heavier band that has developed in the past 30 minutes is to our east and looks like it will not imapct here either. I am off to bang my head against the wall. :drinks:

Posted

oooh oooh oooooooooh Snow here now, not settling ATM, coming down fast, noticeable through the window voiles! Fingers crossed x

yes but we will need it to it get heavy otherwise it just won't settle :drinks:

Posted

I am going nowhere today! I got my food shopping done yesterday so I have no reason to leave the house. I am all set for it to snow for the next week at least (wishful thinking I know LOL)

lol not long got back from the tesco run..............epic!!! And no one wants a driving lesson so stuck at home myself!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Pretty much stopped here now got a good fall from that will put pics on later , gutters starting to drip etc. Good look to everyone still waiting. Even it dont, winter is not finished yet,not by a long shot. cold spell be back from the east monday,maybe sooner.drinks.gif

Met office warnings out till 6pm so who knows.

Posted

LOL, as said, nothing more than a dusting is what i predicted and not even had that, just very light to light (not once been heavy) sleety fine snow melting in contact with the ground and actually speeding up the melting of remaining snow from last week.

Posted

lol not long got back from the tesco run..............epic!!! And no one wants a driving lesson so stuck at home myself!

Pain in the bum for you not being able to work but I think learner drivers are the last thing we need out there today. I am putting off learning to drive until all the snow has gone, I figure the last thing this town needs is me (who seems to struggle controlling my own two feet) in control of a chunk of metal on icy roads LOL

Posted

Remarkably the heavier band that has developed in the past 30 minutes is to our east and looks like it will not imapct here either. I am off to bang my head against the wall. :drinks:

trying to creep over though! Still going in Broxbourne. It seems to have got stuck over us :shok:

Posted

Pain in the bum for you not being able to work but I think learner drivers are the last thing we need out there today. I am putting off learning to drive until all the snow has gone, I figure the last thing this town needs is me (who seems to struggle controlling my own two feet) in control of a chunk of metal on icy roads LOL

LOL that is a good point!! And knowing my luck some one would crash in to me and then i will have no car to work with when the snow melts!!!

Looks like its melting now slowly but still snowing slightly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

yes but we will need it to it get heavy otherwise it just won't settle :lol:

Same here in Norwich- it's turning heavier now but failing to settle. However, I was half-expecting to see just sleet or rain from this because of the marginality in North Sea areas, so I'm not too disappointed by the outcome.

Posted

Surely Sawbo's had some now???!!!!

What I can't understand is that a band lying inbetween Stevange and Brentford looks to have intensified :lol:

Why would this be? Not that I'm complaining mind because Broxbourne's underneath it! :)