Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

could anyone tell me if the temp will be hovering around 1c on the coast line for the next few nights, dont want my wetsuit to freeze up like last time's experiance lol

Posted

could anyone tell me if the temp will be hovering around 1c on the coast line for the next few nights, dont want my wetsuit to freeze up like last time's experiance lol

Hi Craig, yes, the suggested minimum temps appear to be around 1c for the Whitbty area :unsure:

Posted

Not much here at my fathers house in Winterton N.lincs lot of cloud to the east ( you lucky people in hull )rolleyes.gif hope to get some snow soon whistling.gif

hope back home in Cleethorpes they get a some of those big showers drinks.gif

Edited by clee_snow

Posted

Hi Craig, yes, the suggested minimum temps appear to be around 1c for the Whitbty area :cold:

ahhh thanks mate :)

Posted

12z very nice for shower activity tonight/tomorrow :)

and its extending the Northerly flow much longer, HP further west, and the flow tightens again saturday night/sunday

thats good news for me then :cold: means the fetch on the flow will give the coast longer interval waves :) going to be sick!

Posted

LINK

There seems to be a fair amount of white stuff up there.

Hope it can make landfall. Wind has been NNW much of the day.

gobby

Posted

LINK

There seems to be a fair amount of white stuff up there.

Hope it can make landfall. Wind has been NNW much of the day.

gobby

Not looking good at the mo ashley,

clear window for a few hours by the looks of it :)

Possibly all the time, although the 12z shows more in the way of precipitation tonight and tomorrow, i'm not that convinced now.

Posted

Not looking good at the mo ashley,

clear window for a few hours by the looks of it :(

Possibly all the time, although the 12z shows more in the way of precipitation tonight and tomorrow, i'm not that convinced now.

Don't think the feed is due to move to more favourable conditions till midnight onwards.

Posted

Very cold here, already below freezing -0.1c, dew point is surprisingly low at -7.c.

Posted

0.9c temp with a -6 dew here, its freezing!

Certainly is becomong chilly, Lewis. I've just checked out my local weather station, and I'm getting reports of Temps at 0c with a Dewpoint of -6c.

Posted

Yes with the skies being clear its certainly getting cold. Now 0.4C with a dewpoint of -3.2C here.

Hopefully the wind will change a bit, but as it stands it looks like its getting more of a westerly component if anything!

Posted

Some phenomenal shower activity / trough in the N Sea at present.

Someone would get a real pasing if that line ran right through them....wacko.gif

Looks like it's going to hit us later :D

Updated 12z NMM model;

Shows snow over us from 2am right until sunday more or less (obviously with dry gaps in between after 5am tomorrow morning) with more in the afternoon

post-2644-12647854044188_thumb.pngpost-2644-12647854213688_thumb.png

Yes with the skies being clear its certainly getting cold. Now 0.4C with a dewpoint of -3.2C here.

Hopefully the wind will change a bit, but as it stands it looks like its getting more of a westerly component if anything!

Hi Reef,

I agree, i'm currently getting a SSW/NNW wind.

Posted

Looks like it's going to hit us later :)

Updated 12z NMM model;

Shows snow over us from 2am right until sunday more or less (obviously with dry gaps in between after 5am tomorrow morning) with more in the afternoon

Very nice :D Given that's the NMM as well, I feel confident of that happening

Posted

Am surprised by the vagueness of the met warnings, "some accumulations of snow" what constitutes "some"?

Posted

Looks like it's going to hit us later smile.gif

Updated 12z NMM model;

Hi Reef,

I agree, i'm currently getting a SSW/NNW wind.

If the Meto's Invent rainfall predictor is reliable then we have the real heavy stuff hitting here around 9.00 and lasting through till 6am before a restbite with lighter showers tomorrow.

Can anyone explain how the showers are to push west towards us with a NNW wind? It makes me a little dubious! If it were to happen though we should be looking at a good 5cm's at least.

The showers have died off at the moment but thats not such a bad thing as the strong wind has dried the ground from earliers thawed snow and i guess that will help anything else settle.

We shall see! yahoo.gif

Posted
yahoo.gif I really hope the BBC weather graphics are true, they have just updated and show snow for much for Yorkshire from 3am-12pm http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

Posted

If the Meto's Invent rainfall predictor is reliable then we have the real heavy stuff hitting here around 9.00 and lasting through till 6am before a restbite with lighter showers tomorrow.

Can anyone explain how the showers are to push west towards us with a NNW wind? It makes me a little dubious! If it were to happen though we should be looking at a good 5cm's at least.

The showers have died off at the moment but thats not such a bad thing as the strong wind has dried the ground from earliers thawed snow and i guess that will help anything else settle.

We shall see! yahoo.gif

You see the LP NE of Scotland?

As that swings round the gradient changes, we end up a different flow at the upper, but more or less the same at the surface. the isobars tighten and the embedded trough pushes back west.

Hope that helps.

Posted

We shall see! yahoo.gif

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing that the 850/700hpa winds will have more of an Easterly component to them