Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Laying fast and a couple of cm's already. Nearly white out conditions.

I second that, I'm in Scarborough too and it's whiteout! Coming down really heavy now. I'd say it started about half an hour ago and we have 2cm's already! It aint half blowing too!! temp has dropped from +0.4 to -1.3 since the snow arrived with Dew point of -3.6C and windchill of -9.5C! Brrrr. :cold:

Posted

I think there's more chance of Grimsby winning league 2 biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ha the way we play at the moment, we will be lucky to win the blue square premier next season nonono.gif

Edited by clee_snow

Posted

Should be alright here, as Im only 9 miles from the coast. I have on several occasions drove into Hull and seen nothing in these situations as the precipitation struggles to move inland. Should be OK in this case though as the whole band is moving slowly westwards. It will weaken as it hits land though as upper level winds are blowing NNW off the land killing off the convection.

Fingers crossed mate. Lets hope the humber can help us one way or another.

Best of luck mate! Whats your current conditions?

-0.3c here with a dew -6.2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I picked a good time to walk home from town. 2 miles, uphill, in a blizzard.... Not got much laying this end of town yet mind you. It's so windy it's all just blowing around and gathering against walls. Just as I got in it was starting to get a proper dusting on the roads and hopefully this will cause the snow to lay and not blow so easily. Still, it was quite fun watching the eddies the wind was whipping up. I'm supposed to be driivng to Leeds tomorrow so hopefully it won't get too bad on the roads. :cold:

okay.. bit of a correction, in the few minuites it took to get upstairs, turn on the PC and make a drink, it's been hammering it down and there is a nice covering already... It is seriously hammering it down with a very strong wind now.

Posted

Currently -1.0C with a dewpoint of -4.7C.

Still mostly clear for now. Most areas around here should get a dusting/covering, but it all depends what the higher ground to the North does to the band. It could quickly turn it light and patchy.

Posted

I picked a good time to walk home from town. 2 miles, uphill, in a blizzard.... Not got much laying this end of town yet mind you. It's so windy it's all just blowing around and gathering against walls. Just as I got in it was starting to get a proper dusting on the roads and hopefully this will cause the snow to lay and not blow so easily. Still, it was quite fun watching the eddies the wind was whipping up. I'm supposed to be driivng to Leeds tomorrow so hopefully it won't get too bad on the roads. :)

It started like that here in Osgodby at first with a dew point of -5.4C it was really powdery and blowing everywhere. really big flakes coming down now though as the dew point has risen to -3.3C.

I reckon a good 5cm's covering will greet us in the morning, maybe more! :cold: !

Posted

Ha the way play at the moment, we will be lucky to win the blue square premier next season nonono.gif

I'd normally delete this sort of post, but since I feel sorry for Grimsby fans I'll leave it :cold:

Anyway, good to hear the snow reports coming from Scarborough. I'm still concerned that I might be too far inland, but we'll see

Posted

Ha the way play at the moment, we will be lucky to win the blue square premier next season nonono.gif

Nah they won't go down mate. In the last few seasons they have looked down and out, but suddenly started winning in the last 10 games or so,and that will happen again this season :cold:

Back on topic and it's clear and cold :)

Posted

Its looking good for the Humber area on radarwhistling.gif temps in Cleethorpes are, -0.1c, dew point -5.3c. hope to get some snowwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Some Pics from 10 mins ago!

post-1731-12648073721088_thumb.jpg

post-1731-12648074334088_thumb.jpg

Posted

Went outside, looked to the North and can see some pretty nice towers with lovely fluffy tops.

it's a shame the precipitation is fizzling out, i think i'l see a couple of snow flakes, that'll do me, still cold and it's been a good winter upto now :yahoo: I'm normally dead set against models outside T72, but take a look at the 18z in FI, its a corker, also more snow coming next week, tuesday-wednesday, and then by thursday looks like an another easterly, followed by a eeasterly followered by an aramageddoneasterly. :clap:

Posted

Went outside, looked to the North and can see some pretty nice towers with lovely fluffy tops.

it's a shame the precipitation is fizzling out, i think i'l see a couple of snow flakes, that'll do me, still cold and it's been a good winter upto now :clap: I'm normally dead set against models outside T72, but take a look at the 18z in FI, its a corker, also more snow coming next week, tuesday-wednesday, and then by thursday looks like an another easterly, followed by a eeasterly followered by an aramageddoneasterly. :cold:

Theres a gap opening up in that band and guess where its heading! :yahoo:

Posted

it's a shame the precipitation is fizzling out, i think i'l see a couple of snow flakes, that'll do me, still cold and it's been a good winter upto now smile.gif I'm normally dead set against models outside T72, but take a look at the 18z in FI, its a corker, also more snow coming next week, tuesday-wednesday, and then by thursday looks like an another easterly, followed by a eeasterly followered by an aramageddoneasterly. smile.gif

Thats looks good Lewis hope it happens whistling.gif bring on the easterlysdrinks.gif

Posted

Welbury Grove :clap:

Reef, if you look at the Netweather extra radar now the gap is closing up. I quickly got in me plane and got millions of metal particals and dropped them on the eastern and western edge of the gap in the upper clouds, stuck a magnet in the middle, and flown back. Looks like it worked :yahoo:

Welbury Grove fool.gif

dont think the snow will push as far as forecasts predicting inland. would be nice to see a dusting however lol. Cant see anything significant in feb. Its just too early and doesnt happen like tht in the uk anymore at least not in england. Dnt get excited anymore because always get let down. WELL DONE RHINOS simply we are the best and cumon leeds tomorrow!!

Posted

Total whiteout here now. Must be nearly 3".

hope we get some of that on the humber whistling.gif

Posted

Total whiteout here now. Must be nearly 3".

Our turn at last ey!! About time! Still bucketing down here. I'll measure when it stops but lets just say the road has dissapeared and the street is just one level of snow now so there must be at least 3inches. Can't wait to see the totals. Camera day tomorrow me thinks! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Reef, if you look at the Netweather extra radar now the gap is closing up. I quickly got in me plane and got millions of metal particals and dropped them on the eastern and western edge of the gap in the upper clouds, stuck a magnet in the middle, and flown back. Looks like it worked :yahoo:

People in Hull can afford planes? :D