Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

yahoo.gif I really hope the BBC weather graphics are true, they have just updated and show snow for much for Yorkshire from 3am-12pm http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

I'll be very surprised if the showers come that far inland.

Posted

Just finished me pizza, looking forward to the superleague season kicking off tonight :) i'm going to watch the leeds whinos on sky, fingers crossed they get beat!

Good day upto now, a few snow showers, bitterly cold, frost, and now i can watch the radar with interest knowing anything falling from the sky shall be snow, add the new rugby season, perfect day and night.

Posted

I'll be very surprised if the showers come that far inland.

Yeah I would be as-well, but you never know.

Posted

Never say never, look east of Scotland, the N clump of showers now sinking SSW tease.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if the showers merged together, the little kink that is causing the showers over the NE of Scotland to move south/south west look to be squashing the showers together. Perhaps a more organised band of snow.

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised if the showers merged together, the little kink that is causing the showers over the NE of Scotland to move south/south west look to be squashing the showers together. Perhaps a more organised band of snow.

Another metoffice radar update, looks like it is heading SSW now, how fall inland it gets when it stalls as another question though, even i might be too far inland.

lewis

Put it this way somewhere in the East is going to get a pasting overnight/early hours tomorrow.

Posted

Another metoffice radar update, looks like it is heading SSW now, how fall inland it gets when it stalls as another question though, even i might be too far inland.

lewis

Put it this way somewhere in the East is going to get a pasting overnight/early hours tomorrow.

Funnily enough the latest BBC forecast puts the main risk for central areas, there must be reasonable evidence to suggest the showers will push inland, but I'm not seeing it.

Posted

Just finished me pizza, looking forward to the superleague season kicking off tonight biggrin.gif i'm going to watch the leeds whinos on sky, fingers crossed they get beat!

Good day upto now, a few snow showers, bitterly cold, frost, and now i can watch the radar with interest knowing anything falling from the sky shall be snow, add the new rugby season, perfect day and night.

Sounds a good plan mate,I too hope Leeds get beat!! Mr Husdon seemed quite upbeat about tonights snow chances so fingers crossed. We had a 20 minute spell of hail/snow earlier on today which left a nice covering before the sun came out, hope to get more tonight, jst a shame raintoday had reverted back to its plain setting.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

Woohoo look north have just said a widespread covering of snow tomoorow morning, with significant accumulations in places, except hull.. whistling.giflaugh.gif.

Unusual to have snow in my area from a northerly smile.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Superb news regarding februrarys potential. Mid februrary could be very snowy indeed :D

NAO now expected to head to -1 around 7/8th http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/nao.sprd2.gif and with a hugely negative AO http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/ao.sprd2.gif around that period, expect a very blocked anti-cyclonic period of weather...

I think we will see an easterly and a cold one at that, but the key is getting a strong squeeze right through central UK, then the lake effect snow should just pile up!! yahoo.gif

Sounds promising jed biggrin.gif There's a nice layer of ice on my car already

If this does kick off as expected I reckon you will be ideally located again lol.

I think the heaviest precipitation will be over eastern parts of north yorkshire/west yorkshire and western parts of east yorkshire as the clump of showers push in from around Durham/north yorkshire pushing south south westwards.. :)

Posted

I'm going to make a very bold predicting.

Snowfall Prediction-

North West Yorkshire- 5-10cm

North East Yorkshire- 5-10cm

West Yorkshire- 4-9cm

South Yorkshire- 3-8cm

East Yorkshire- 3-6cm

Coast-3-5cm

I know I predicted 5cm+ for the coast which could still happen, but it is all determined on the track of the precipitation over the North east Scotland, this is very heavy and could easily dump alot of snow. I wasn't expecting this at all, I predicted the majority of the showers at the coast with the odd shower drifting inland.

This pretty much shows the track of the PPN, the green arrow is where the PPN will be if it tracks south, if the PPN tracks slightly south west which seems a little more likely then the track could be where the black arrow is. There is an outside chance the PPn could drift away an drift South East and clip the coast.

post-8968-12647938995588_thumb.jpg

Edited by 10123

Posted

Sounds promising jed :) There's a nice layer of ice on my car already

I hope the temp doesn't drop too low tonight, otherwise i won't be able to open my car door again :D

Im not expecting any snow tonight, but hopefully i'll be surprised :)

Posted

Woohoo look north have just said a widespread covering of snow tomoorow morning, with significant accumulations in places, except hull.. whistling.giflaugh.gif.

Unusual to have snow in my area from a northerly smile.gif

Are you taking the pee? because i don't find it funny some how.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Snowfall Prediction-

West Yorkshire- 4-9cm

South Yorkshire- 3-8cm

East Yorkshire- 3-6cm

Coast-3-5cm

I know I predicted 5cm+ for the coast which could still happen, but it is all determined on the track of the precipitation over the North east Scotland, this is very heavy and could easily dump alot of snow. I wasn't expecting this at all, I predicted the majority of the showers at the coast with the odd shower drifting inland.

This pretty much shows the track of the PPN, the green arrow is where the PPN will be if it tracks south, if the PPN tracks slightly south west which seems a little more likely then the track could be where the black arrow. There is an outside chance the PPn could drift away an drift South East and clip the coast.

I know i dont live in this area but them lines are almost prefect for me in teeside im straight in the middle of the two lines clap.gif

Posted

Are you taking the pee? because i don't find it funny some how.

pardon.gif lol sorry I couldnt resist. Na, they said for all areas and the snow graphics was covering most of the region between 4-8am smile.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Snowfall Prediction-

West Yorkshire- 4-9cm

South Yorkshire- 3-8cm

East Yorkshire- 3-6cm

Coast-3-5cm

This pretty much shows the track of the PPN, the green arrow is where the PPN will be if it tracks south, if the PPN tracks slightly south west which seems a little more likely then the track could be where the black arrow is. There is an outside chance the PPn could drift away an drift South East and clip the coast.

The precipitation aint gunna make it that far inland mate, if your 30-40 miles inland from the coast, expect it to stay dry.

The lines you drew on that image/map are way off, ill draw a quick map now before rugby kicks off.

Posted

Snowfall Prediction-

West Yorkshire- 4-9cm

South Yorkshire- 3-8cm

East Yorkshire- 3-6cm

Coast-3-5cm

Those predictions look good to me. Maybe generally a bit on the high side, but I do fancy north n north east yorkshire to get the most snow. :D

Posted

Snowfall Prediction-

West Yorkshire- 4-9cm

South Yorkshire- 3-8cm

East Yorkshire- 3-6cm

Coast-3-5cm

I know I can be pedantic at times but I see your totals for West, South & East Yorkshire but why is North Yorkshire split into North West and North East especially if you are predicting the same amounts?

I think East Yorkshire is a tad on the low side but, hey, what a nice surprise for all of us if it comes off and it is looking increasingly likely!!

gobby :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Gotta shoot, rugby is kicking off now.

Heres my chart;

post-2644-12647950717588_thumb.gif

be back soon

I like yours aswell for teeside!!! im in the darkest blob drinks.gif ( moves back to northeast thread) whistling.gif

Posted

Really quickly guys,

just looked at the NAE looks good and is perfectly inline with my map lol!

post-2644-12647957692988_thumb.gif

Enjoy

i hope that happens whistling.gif its about time the humber got some snowrolleyes.gif