Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Gotta shoot, rugby is kicking off now.

Heres my chart;

post-2644-12647950717588_thumb.gif

be back soon

Not quite right Lewis, heaviest will be on the NYM again, still loads up there.

Posted

Not quite right Lewis, heaviest will be on the NYM again, still loads up there.

Hi,

Why would i mention the NYM's when the population on there is minimal (from this thread). As always the NYM will do well, but only the East of the Moors mainly and N parts.

You should make your own map mate, we can have a bit of fun and compare all our charts, winner gets a sledge :drinks:

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

Or Grimsby signing Richard Brodie :p

Are you staying up to watch the radar mate?

:D

I'll keep an eye on the radar mate, and if it's looking good later i'll stay up :drinks:

Posted

:p

I'll keep an eye on the radar mate, and if it's looking good later i'll stay up :(

The radar is looking very promising at present mate. Have you seen what's to the North East :(

Posted

The radar is looking very promising at present mate. Have you seen what's to the North East :p

East Yorkshire and N Yorkshire in for a pasting!

I had a wild guess about the feature this morning happening around 11pm, can it happen for an all time accuracy best lmfao!

Brian you got your camera ready mate?

Posted

I had a wild guess about the feature this morning happening around 11pm, can it happen for an all time accuracy best lmfao!

Good point Lewis, I'll stick my batteries on charge right now :whistling:

Posted

hope some of it comes over the great snow barrier (humber) :whistling:

Posted

The radar is looking very promising at present mate. Have you seen what's to the North East :whistling:

I think im too far inland mate, but it does look quite interesting at the moment :good:

Posted

Flash warnings for Heavy Snow

Snow showers will spread to parts of Northumberland and North Yorkshire later this evening, giving local accumulations of 2 to 5cm, and possibly up to 10cm, especially over higher ground. This may lead to icy stretches on untreated surfaces.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/yh_forecast_warnings.html?day=1

Edited by WS Evolution

Posted

Hi,

Why would i mention the NYM's when the population on there is minimal (from this thread). As always the NYM will do well, but only the East of the Moors mainly and N parts.

You should make your own map mate, we can have a bit of fun and compare all our charts, winner gets a sledge :)

Why would you mention the NYM?? Because that's where the heaviest will fall!!!!!!!

Not many live on the Wolds, it's incredibly sparse, but you've got us covered. Lewis, I think you're turning into a BBC weather person, seems they only bother with cities as well. :clap:

Tell me how to upload a map someone and I'll have a go next time, you want to try sledging down some of these Wolds hills, sacry. :yahoo:

Posted

Why would you mention the NYM?? Because that's where the heaviest will fall!!!!!!!

Not many live on the Wolds, it's incredibly sparse, but you've got us covered. Lewis, I think you're turning into a BBC weather person, seems they only bother with cities as well. :)

Tell me how to upload a map someone and I'll have a go next time, you want to try sledging down some of these Wolds hills, sacry. :yahoo:

LOL! BBC weather person love it, but hate it :clap:

Maybe a little premature, but the band is breaking and loosing it's intensity the second it makes landfall.

To upload a chart, make it in photoshop or paint etc, add your graphics, lines, text etc. Save it as a .gif, .jpg or a .png. Go to the forum click add a reply to the bottom right hand corner of the thread, scroll down slightly, and then you will see a Subtitle called Attachments, below it is a form field, browse and then select the file you want to upload off your computer. Then click Attach this file button below, it will then upload it.

After you have done that, scroll down a little slightly, and you will see the attachment, click add to post and it will then add it to the text area box where you write your message, hit post. And your done :)

Posted

I can never understand why people make snow depth predictions (guesses) as they are always wrong. You can never tell where gaps will be and what the precipitation will do when it makes land. In these scenarios all you can do is watch the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wicked should arrive here in the next 30 mins or so.

Posted

I can never understand why people make snow depth predictions (guesses) as they are always wrong. You can never tell where gaps will be and what the precipitation will do when it makes land. In these scenarios all you can do is watch the radar.

Reef, we'll be lucky to get a dusting won't we? lol

Posted

Reef, we'll be lucky to get a dusting won't we? lol

Should be alright here, as Im only 9 miles from the coast. I have on several occasions drove into Hull and seen nothing in these situations as the precipitation struggles to move inland. Should be OK in this case though as the whole band is moving slowly westwards. It will weaken as it hits the coast as upper level winds are blowing NNW off the land killing off the convection.